IGNORED

Mbappe signs new contract

Monkeh

36 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Good to see Real Madrid not getting their way. Not sure about recent times; but in the past they would agree terms with a player before even approaching the player’s club. No other club would get away with that.

Such was their arrogance that they believed the player’s club would always crumble, even if they didn’t want to sell, because “we are Real Madrid, and every player wants to play for us”.

Although I agree with your sentiment on Madrid not getting their own way, I think you would be surprised about players agreeing terms before the club was approached & that is even at City’s level! COYR 

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

Although I agree with your sentiment on Madrid not getting their own way, I think you would be surprised about players agreeing terms before the club was approached & that is even at City’s level! COYR 

Agreed, that is why I said "in the past".

At the time, their were strict rules, that clubs were restricted too, but R.M. seemed to get away with ignoring them.

Anybody unsure about Real Madrid's levels of self-importance, self-delusion, and the reasoning behind some of their actions, only need watch the recent documentary on iPlayer. It explains perfectly their attitude towards the world of football and how they see themselves. A good enlightening watch...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00170mn/kicking-off-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-super-league

• Like 1

I think mbappe is a bit of a bottler in all honesty . He only has to play at 70% in the league games & it seems no manager can massage the massive egos to get a tune of them in the European cup. 
If it’s true that he’s been given license to pick new signings & managers then that just a disgrace . Not just for psg but for football in general. 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I think mbappe is a bit of a bottler in all honesty . He only has to play at 70% in the league games & it seems no manager can massage the massive egos to get a tune of them in the European cup. 
If it’s true that he’s been given license to pick new signings & managers then that just a disgrace . Not just for psg but for football in general. 

He has chased the coin by staying at Paris no doubt about that. Imagine being 23 with all that money. Jesus

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

This is why Real Madrid were desperate for the Super League. Both they and Barcelona are slowly losing out to the Premier League clubs and PSG. They cannot stomach seeing it either. 

It will always be why I want English sides to do well in Europe, because Real and Barca are so bitter, and yet they complain other clubs are run by entire Countries, do me a favour, they're fine ones to talk. It's a shame our 'big 6' were blindfolded by the offerings of the Super League though.

I hope Liverpool smash Real Madrid and that might upset a few of the Liverpool haters

How are Barca and RM losing out to the Prem?

(I am bound to be missing something obvious).

18 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Because nobody mentioned Harland and I don’t even know who he is tbh

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Who' s this Harland bloke that keeps being mentioned in here ?

I imagine you have both heard of Erling Haaland, a young Norwegian footballer.

He is currently at Borussia Dortmund, but is destined to play for Manchester City next season.

If you pronounce Haaland, it sounds remarkably similar to Harland; so similar, in fact, that people suffering from Dyslexia might even misspell this unusual, foreign family name.

Just saying. 

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I imagine you have both heard of Erling Haaland, a young Norwegian footballer.

He is currently at Borussia Dortmund, but is destined to play for Manchester City next season.

If you pronounce Haaland, it sounds remarkably similar to Harland; so similar, in fact, that people suffering from Dyslexia might even misspell this unusual, foreign family name.

Just saying. 

Thanks Phil I know full well who Erling Haaland is, I just haven't heard of anyone called Harland whom some posters keep mentioning as being a big signing for Manchester City. 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The current Liverpool squad and team, along with Man City, are two very watchable football teams. Different tactics so very good football in different ways. I don't support them but I do enjoy watching them. I've followed City now for over seventy years; it's my club. Yet why should those of us who love the game not enjoy the quality of others.

A bit like admiring quality clothing yet shopping in Primark!

I’m similar, I’ve no affection to any club other than city but watch Prem football and prefer clubs that play in the spirit that Liverpool and Man City do at the moment. 
Over the years I’ve enjoyed other prem teams. When Henry played I always enjoyed watching Arsenal. When Manure played on the front foot during the 90’s I enjoyed watching them. 
But if any of them during those times lose, I don’t bat an eyelid. 
I just like watching entertaining football. 

• Like 1

On 22/05/2022 at 08:37, The Gasbuster said:

Good to see Real Madrid not getting their way. Not sure about recent times; but in the past they would agree terms with a player before even approaching the player’s club. No other club would get away with that.

Such was their arrogance that they believed the player’s club would always crumble, even if they didn’t want to sell, because “we are Real Madrid, and every player wants to play for us”.

At one time the Real. got the player they wanted. 

On 22/05/2022 at 08:51, 2015 said:

This is why Real Madrid were desperate for the Super League. Both they and Barcelona are slowly losing out to the Premier League clubs and PSG. They cannot stomach seeing it either. 

It will always be why I want English sides to do well in Europe, because Real and Barca are so bitter, and yet they complain other clubs are run by entire Countries, do me a favour, they're fine ones to talk. It's a shame our 'big 6' were blindfolded by the offerings of the Super League though.

I hope Liverpool smash Real Madrid and that might upset a few of the Liverpool haters

Its not Liverpool i hate its the local plastic fans that gets me. Same with the other big Prem. teams.

I hope Liverpool stuff Real Madrid 

I support any English team in Europe

6 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Its not Liverpool i hate its the local plastic fans that gets me. Same with the other big Prem. teams.

That’s what a plastic fan would say.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

I wouldn't support Rovers.

• Like 1

Not Real Madrid related as such but this is a reason why I think La Liga are looking to take a stand- or angrily posturing- here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10867687/Barcelona-register-new-signings-Franck-Kessie-Andreas-Christensen.html

Right and proper, non preferential treatment to a big boy by La Liga but compare and contrast...with PSG. I bet PSG are on track for issues to 2023 as it stands or perhaps 2022. Courtesy of SwissRamble.

FSiV-tXX0AE4uEt?format=jpg&name=small

Looks to me as if they required a 20m FFP profit in the season just gone otherwise they would have failed to 2022 and remember their past good figures showed some major player sale profits...this was obviously pre their splurge in summer 2021 on Messi etc.

Even if that is complied with, assuming the same limits into next season they would need to break even in 2022/23 in FFP terms..,for in 2018/19 the last full unaffected season by Covid, included within a 59m FFP profit was 145m in player sale profits which meant an underlying loss in FFP terms of 86m. Interest payments falling help but questions over 2021/22 and absolutely big questions going into 2022/23 for me.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not Real Madrid related as such but this is a reason why I think La Liga are looking to take a stand- or angrily posturing- here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10867687/Barcelona-register-new-signings-Franck-Kessie-Andreas-Christensen.html

Right and proper, non preferential treatment to a big boy by La Liga but compare and contrast...with PSG. I bet PSG are on track for issues to 2023 as it stands or perhaps 2022. Courtesy of SwissRamble.

FSiV-tXX0AE4uEt?format=jpg&name=small

Looks to me as if they required a 20m FFP profit in the season just gone otherwise they would have failed to 2022 and remember their past good figures showed some major player sale profits...this was obviously pre their splurge in summer 2021 on Messi etc.

Even if that is complied with, assuming the same limits into next season they would need to break even in 2022/23 in FFP terms..,for in 2018/19 the last full unaffected season by Covid, included within a 59m FFP profit was 145m in player sale profits which meant an underlying loss in FFP terms of 86m. Interest payments falling help but questions over 2021/22 and absolutely big questions going into 2022/23 for me.

Nasser Al-Khelaifi, President of PSG, is also President of the European Clubs Association and highly influential in UEFA.

Aleksander Čeferin, President of UEFA has already rejected Real Madrid's complaints and declared that PSG have not breached FFP.

There is no threat to PSG on the horizon therefore.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Nasser Al-Khelaifi, President of PSG, is also President of the European Clubs Association and highly influential in UEFA.

Aleksander Čeferin, President of UEFA has already rejected Real Madrid's complaints and declared that PSG have not breached FFP.

There is no threat to PSG on the horizon therefore.

Thanks, That's a shame but sounds like it has been sewn up somewhat- I certainly think they complied to 2021 and possibly 2022 although it's a bit of a stretch- the future figures going into 2022/23 though...looks ropy numbers wise.

Super League dimension probably doesn't help either- Real Madrid aren't just keen on it but were the key drivers I believe- whereas PSG were not among the 12- Ceferin is more likely to look favourably on the latter as a result.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

This isn't City related, this isnt Championship related, not even English football related save for English clubs in the CL.

However €300m in PSG losses reported last season??

They were I thought fined in the period ending 2020-21. I thought Juventus and their follow-up loss of €254m loss in 2021-22 was bad but wow!!

Both should face further punishment and it should be meaningful for a 2nd offence, because there is or was a breakeven requirement after an overspend. Will they though?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous