IGNORED

Three wishes for today

Malago

3 hours ago, Malago said:

Man City win the league

Spurs claim the remaining CL place

Leeds get relegated.

All odds on. Here’s hoping there’s no cock ups.

Can't see any different. Only one that could make a case for is Leeds staying up.

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I think Burnley being at home will make all the difference. If they were away at Newcastle, I would have fancied Leeds to stay up.

As it stands, I think Burnley will get the result they need, whatever that may be.

Almost certain to be a twist somewhere, and no doubt VAR will spoil something for somebody. Why the 4pm kickoff though? Why not earlier, make life a bit easier for people. Always the last thing on their mind, though.

18 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

I would love to see Liverpool win it just because I would love to see the Quadruple.

4th place will go to Spurs but they'll score i like the 96th minute of 3 minutes added on to get a draw.

Leeds to go down because I'd much rather play them than Burnley.

Uh oh, Joe Jordan's Teeth will be along shortly ... you said the L word, with positive intent ...

Edited by The Original OTIB
addition
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

I would love to see Liverpool win it just because I would love to see the Quadruple.

4th place will go to Spurs but they'll score i like the 96th minute of 3 minutes added on to get a draw.

I have no time for Man City but the Liverpool media love in, plus the huge number of plastic fans in Bristol would make that unbearable.

If Burnley did go down then Josh is more likely to leave = possible sell on for us, think it will be Leeds though.

Don’t care at all whether it is Spurs or Arsenal, don’t mind either of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterRedThanBlue said:

There is a reason why nobody has won it. 

After seeing the Leeds video mocking franks at Brentford , that will be motivation enough. I think both Leeds & burnley will lose so Leeds to go down. Got to be honest I had a guts full of their  arrogant wanky fans last time , so not looking forward to them coming back down . No matter how funny it’ll be. 
As for the top. I think Man City will come out all guns blazing & be 3-0 up within half hour 

Apparently if Man City lose 6-0 to Villa and Liverpool and Wolves draw 5-5 they would have a one off game to see who wins the title likewise at the bottom if Leeds lose 1-0 and Burnley lose 28-7 to Newcastle they would play each other for the relegation spot. please note...I except no responsibility if anyone bets on that senario as I haven't checked it myself.

• Haha 2

I'd love Dirty Leeds to be relegated but with Burnley's impending financial problems it would be better for us if they went down. Brownhill will be sold so some money coming our way plus I don't think they'll go straight back up, far from it. Makes it a little more even next season for us. 

Not really worried about the top as both Liverpool and City are streets ahead of everyone else. If I had to choose then it would be Arsenal rather than Tottenham and Man City. 

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Apparently if Man City lose 6-0 to Villa and Liverpool and Wolves draw 5-5 they would have a one off game to see who wins the title likewise at the bottom if Leeds lose 1-0 and Burnley lose 28-7 to Newcastle they would play each other for the relegation spot. please note...I except no responsibility if anyone bets on that senario as I haven't checked it myself.

Worth a tenner of anyone`s money I reckon! I wonder what the combined odds would be?

5 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Rarely that simple, where is the likely surprise? Spurs serial chokers, Leeds win, Burnley implode? Can't see it at the top.

Surprises are always memorable but I think that, because they stand out, we remember them as being more common they are.

More often than not, the last day goes boringly to form. Even Spurs’ reputation of serial choking doesn’t change the fact that they are playing a poor Norwich side and Arsenal are out of shape against an Everton team that have finally found a bit of form.

I think it very likely Leeds and Burnley are the only source of potential drama. Even with Burnley’s home advantage, Newcastle are a much better side than Burnley whereas Brentford have been inconsistent at times.

I think it likely Leeds will go down but find it plausible that they might get a point and Burnley don’t whereas I just don’t see Spurs or Man City blowing it from here.

3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Almost certain to be a twist somewhere, and no doubt VAR will spoil something for somebody. Why the 4pm kickoff though? Why not earlier, make life a bit easier for people. Always the last thing on their mind, though.

Don't know really when we had to play our final games at 12.30pm KO for a few years now. Away to Hull and Huddersfield we two early starts that I can remember.

Maybe to attract the biggest world wide audience, maybe to get people in pubs, maybe just to avoid Skys F1 coverage?

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Hell, no. Imagine the Plastic Scouser celebrations.

Are they really any worse than any other “plastic” fan or other. Not in my experience, guess it depends on your age and who you know.

Having been to games in Liverpool, Manchester Derby, Arsenal and Chelsea I can confidently say no fan base does a match day like Liverpool (and Newcastle)

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I have no time for Man City but the Liverpool media love in, plus the huge number of plastic fans in Bristol would make that unbearable.

If Burnley did go down then Josh is more likely to leave = possible sell on for us, think it will be Leeds though.

Don’t care at all whether it is Spurs or Arsenal, don’t mind either of them.

:banana::banana::banana:

• Haha 1