IGNORED

Three wishes for today

Malago

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Anyway exciting end to the season, a huge comeback and definitely deserved - as they say the table doesn’t lie over the course of the season.

And at least we’ll stop hearing people moan about the money being spent in football now, as clearly it doesn’t matter to a lot of people who are happy to see City win. Perhaps it’ll be Newcastle next season that OTIB rallies behind ?

My conclusion is that the Manchester derby is no longer a rivalry, seeing as they all just support Man City now. I could never want to see Rovers do well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

My conclusion is that the Manchester derby is no longer a rivalry, seeing as they all just support Man City now. I could never want to see Rovers do well

That’s a wrong conclusion imo. It’s just a case that Man City winning it is a much lesser of two evils.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

But no one, no one at all could beat them. 

PS fewer!

Agree that going a whole season is a massive achievement and requires players to be at it every single game. The fact they didn’t obliterate absolute shite like Norwich, Burnley, Leeds and Southampton in a three tier league with a head start of billions on their budget is immaterial. Most people from that era understand that Arsenal were always relatively low budget compared to their closest rivals (which has finally caught up with them).

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s a wrong conclusion imo. It’s just a case that Man City winning it is a much lesser of two evils.

I’m sure Man City and Man Utd fans (the proper ones that is not the Bristolian TV Branch) long for the days when their rivalry matches Bristol’s…………..

16 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Hardly positive, they’ve wrecked their own goal ffs. Bunch of idiots who were dead silent until they started scoring.

Also Gerrard has said his keeper was assaulted.

Don't think anyone is too bothered about the goal tbh.

If their keeper was assaulted then it's a real shame they've tarnished their big day, hope he's ok.

I genuinely thought i was seeing something different to recent events.

• Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree that going a whole season is a massive achievement and requires players to be at it every single game. The fact they didn’t obliterate absolute shite like Norwich, Burnley, Leeds and Southampton in a three tier league with a head start of billions on their budget is immaterial. Most people from that era understand that Arsenal were always relatively low budget compared to their closest rivals (which has finally caught up with them).

Going out CL so early helped Arsenal that season.

11 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Don't think anyone is too bothered about the goal tbh.

If their keeper was assaulted then it's a real shame they've tarnished their big day, hope he's ok.

I genuinely thought i was seeing something different to recent events.

I wouldn’t call vandalism a positive, but there you go

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Helped maybe but you don’t think that going unbeaten all season is difficult and a massive achievement whatever? How many times has it been done?

Def a great achievement. Same as City getting 100 points.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I wouldn’t call vandalism a positive, but there you go

I hadn't seen it or it hadn't happened yet when i first posted.

It was simple post about the attitude/atmosphere of the pitch invasion in contrast to recent ones as i saw it at the time.

If anything I've gone early but i will say that whilst it's clearly not the right thing to do, it wasn't wanton vandalism that took the goal down.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Gazred said:

It was simple post about the attitude/atmosphere of the pitch invasion in contrast to recent ones as i saw it at the time.

If anything I've gone early but i will say that whilst it's clearly not the right thing to do, it wasn't wanton vandalism that took the goal down.

Tbf it looked less aggressive than the others. I think winning the league and doing so like that is worthy of a celebration just a shame a few idiots have to misbehave

Just now, MarcusX said:

Tbf it looked less aggressive than the others. I think winning the league and doing so like that is worthy of a celebration just a shame a few idiots have to misbehave

Totally agree. Always a minority.

I hate negative press about the sport i love,. I don't know what's got into people lately, it's pathetic behaviour, just enjoy the moment.

33 minutes ago, Gazred said:

But they attacked the Villa keeper 

Pitch invasions should be an outpouring of spontaneous joy to celebrate a momentous occasion. Some of my best memories with City have involved celebrating on the pitch afterwards… Hartlepool, Rotherham, Palace.

Now it will need to be banned because a small minority of absolute pondlife just can’t help themselves. Just what kind of cretinous minds would want to attack an opposition player or cause vandalism when your team has just achieved something special? I just don’t get humanity sometimes. 

This absolutely cannot continue, and if it means the rest of us are denied a special moment of celebration with our team then so be it. 

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If you want to find out what Liam Gallagher is like, check out his twitter. Absolute thick, nasty ***.

I'm all for celebrating your team's win, no problem with that but he has come across like a gobsh*te recently, but then it again, it's Liam Gallagher. Absolutely zero class, it's what I hate about football and social media

Who knows if it would've made any difference but Liverpool really needed to score and lead against Wolves whilst Man City were 0-2 down against Villa. Added pressure, who knows. Fair play Man City. I can see Liverpool turning Real Madrid over in the CL final.