IGNORED

Memorial Forum - Pinned / Subforum

With the sad passing of Martin "Tinners" Henneberry, I recall my suggestion of 5 years ago, there have been similar ideas since (and probably before). Will the powers that be herein think about this again please (or if there is such a thing, where is it please)? Shame the club does not have a memorial garden as well. Many clubs do, and they are a lovely idea:

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

With the sad passing of Martin "Tinners" Henneberry, I recall my suggestion of 5 years ago, there have been similar ideas since (and probably before). Will the powers that be herein think about this again please (or if there is such a thing, where is it please)? Shame the club does not have a memorial garden as well. Many clubs do, and they are a lovely idea:

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/183362-memorial-forum/#comment-2771861

I think it's a great suggestion, we have lost so.many over the last few years. Maybe a topic for the supporters club and trust to raise with the  club? Even if its only a tree where you could hang stars on with names like at St Peters hospice, hell the shop could even sale the stars!

Edited by frenchred
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I think it's a great suggestion, we have lost so.many over the last few years. Maybe a topic for the supporters club and trust to raise with the  club? Even if its only a tree where you could hang stars on with names like at St Peters hospice, hell the shop could even sale the stars!

Good idea until the bit about the shop selling the stars.

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

If the shop did sell the stars I imagine there would be accusations of the club profiteering from people's grief. 

Not if it was done on a non profit basis, at least all the stars or whatever would be uniform. Anything not in keeping with the mood of the memorial could be removed by the club. But yes I think its something the Supports Club & Trust should be looking at. Maybe we are waiting until the redevelopment? I've been to many away grounds where an area is set aside. I know we have the plaques but not everyone wants to do that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Not if it was done on a non profit basis, at least all the stars or whatever would be uniform. Anything not in keeping with the mood of the memorial could be removed by the club. But yes I think its something the Supports Club & Trust should be looking at. Maybe we are waiting until the redevelopment? I've been to many away grounds where an area is set aside. I know we have the plaques but not everyone wants to do that.

Id pay for a couple and would not mind the club making a small profit.

When my dad passed away, I asked the club if his ashes could be scattered at the Gate but was told this wasn’t possible.  What was mentioned was a memorial garden or area when the sporting quarter gets built.  This was 18 months ago so hope this is still the plan.