WBA 92
birmingham 94
coventry 94
QPR 113
stoke 122
watford 126
millwall 127
luton 142

These are the midweek teams we could play away if you use public transport(the train)

cardiff 44
reading 80
birmingham 94
QPR 113
watford 126
millwall 127
luton 142

BUT I don't wanna be going to any of thgese places for mid week games

wigan 177
PNE 181
rotherham 181
blackburn 198
burnley 210
blackpool 212
hull 231
norwich 251
middlesbrough 270
sunderland 295

BUT would be happy going to hull Norwich Middlesbrough or Sunderland on any Saturday

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Hates off to fans who drive to every away game especially the mid week ones. I'm intrigued to know how WBA is slightly nearer than Birmingham having never visited St. Andrews 

WBA straight up the motorway, 500m from the junction. 
Birmingham, leave the motorway south of Birmingham, endless slog through the outskirts of Birmingham , then half the ring road. 
Or, more succinctly, the m’way runs west of Brum; WBA is on the west side, St Andrew’s the east. 
Not sure what way you’d go from Swindon mind!! 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

WBA straight up the motorway, 500m from the junction. 
Birmingham, leave the motorway south of Birmingham, endless slog through the outskirts of Birmingham , then half the ring road. 
Or, more succinctly, the m’way runs west of Brum; WBA is on the west side, St Andrew’s the east. 
Not sure what way you’d go from Swindon mind!! 

Cheers Dave, I've been to West Brom & Villa but didn't know what part of Birmingham St Andrews was in. Similar journey as you guys picking up the M5 at Gloucester 

31 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Great work and appreciated as always NTTDS, but we are all used to graphs and radar charts now. Raw data is so primitive ?

Hoping at some point that someone will put the distances for each club up.  Be interesting at the end if the season to see how many “fan miles” each club does.

For example if we have 7k miles and average 1k fans that is 7m fan miles.

If a club with lots of more local games has 3.5k miles and has 2k FaBS that’s also 7m fan miles….there 2k doesn’t mean they’re twice as good as us.

If I can get that I’ll do a nice graph for you.

I might try and find 21/22 season data for miles, I have the average away numbers.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hoping at some point that someone will put the distances for each club up.  Be interesting at the end if the season to see how many “fan miles” each club does.

For example if we have 7k miles and average 1k fans that is 7m fan miles.

If a club with lots of more local games has 3.5k miles and has 2k FaBS that’s also 7m fan miles….there 2k doesn’t mean they’re twice as good as us.

If I can get that I’ll do a nice graph for you.

I might try and find 21/22 season data for miles, I have the average away numbers.

I wonder what the carbon footprint of 7m fan miles is!!

Of course all this is utter BS.

If I drive to every HOME game on my ST next year that'll be circa 7,800 miles, that's before I even think about away days. Public transport might reduce that somewhat but that entails me spending the best part of 9 whole days next year simply travelling to/from AG.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Of course all this is utter BS.

If I drive to every HOME game on my ST next year that'll be circa 7,800 miles, that's before I even think about away days. Public transport might reduce that somewhat but that entails me spending the best part of 9 whole days next year simply travelling to/from AG.

It’s just trying to see if there is a correlation between distance between grounds and average number of fans and league position.  I was interested, thought I’d share.  It’s clear you aren’t aren’t any average fan! ?

12 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m thinking of flying from Exeter to both Norwich and Sunderland games.

If I book early I can look forward to it……..until Sky change the dates 4 weeks before.

Or Loganair change dates... had a flight to Norwich booked in August for a stag do, but return changed to the Monday. Nice long train from Plymouth for me instead. 

1 hour ago, redsince1994 said:

Or Loganair change dates... had a flight to Norwich booked in August for a stag do, but return changed to the Monday. Nice long train from Plymouth for me instead. 

Yes booking travel in advance is a bit precarious at the moment. 

The only new grounds for me now are all long distance which take  a but of planning 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Just for clarity are the mileages from Ashton Gate to the opponents ground, or between the points  generally accepted as the centre in each town or city (the cenotaph in Bristol I believe) 

The mileages are based on starting from and returning to Parson Street.

Obviously 

cardiff 44
reading 80
swansea 81
WBA 92
birmingham 94
coventry 94
QPR 113
stoke 122
watford 126
millwall 127
luton 142
 wigan 177
sheffield 178 miles
PNE 181
rotherham 181
blackburn 198
Huddersfield 208
burnley 210
blackpool 212
hull 231
norwich 251
middlesbrough 270
sunderland 295

TOTAL 3,707 multiply by  two equates to 7,414 miles

Hull Norwich Middlesbrough and Sunderland look like over night stays if they are mid week games

On 22/05/2022 at 21:40, Davefevs said:

503A9EFD-9288-4A8B-A7C8-6AD7A505D60B.thumb.jpeg.807fab33a6d1548e7d3bab8eb6968e66.jpeg

Surprised that Brum were third highest in terms of the number of away fans. I know there are a lot of Brummies, and that there may not be much to do in Brum, plus they see a visit to Ashton Gate as an excuse to go to Weston for the weekend, but even so!

A lot of clubs might miss the finance of Forest and Derby away fans. Good job that Sunderland beat Wycombe in the League 1 play off on that basis!