IGNORED

Bradley Orr podcast

• The topic was locked

Will listen to it in the next couple of weeks I expect.

Slightly off topic, I listened to the Steve Howey one a couple of weeks ago, the Eileen Drury bit was weird - unreal how she seemed to have so much influence over Hoddle. Did love the Ray Parlour and Gazza bits with her!

• The topic was unlocked

If he hadn't been so brave in the play-off final, who knows, maybe we would be one of those that has been in the Premier League.

Ifs, buts and maybes.. but let's be honest, things definitely appeared to conspire against us on that shitty day in 2008.

Brad's one of those players who deserves a place in our list of legends (yes, i know legend is way overboard, but you come up with another way of putting it)

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

Listened to this episode this morning, a really good listen (even for a Yeovil fan, it mentions Gary, Lee, McIndoe etc). Won't spoil it for anyone but that prison gym story, bloody hell. Have just done some further research on that one.... gulp! 

Slightly off topic but if you go through the library of UTC podcasts, some of them are absolutely superb. The second part of the Clarke Carlisle one understandably gets a little dark but on the other end of the spectrum, FFS don't listen to the Andy Woodman ones when you're driving or else you'll end up in a hedge. So, so funny!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Decent listen, comes across well. Love getting those little insights of a time you were only getting odd snippets from the Club.

Another one to check out, Jeff Winter. Very funny.

Need to get around to listening to this one. I'm quite interested in the stories from Refs. 

Is the Orr interview that different to the OSIB one? Suspect many of the stories are along the same lines but may have a dip in. 

Really interesting listening to him describe his time with us. In a weird way his time with us went full-circle. 

He said he initially wanted to sign for us because he thought he could move to a bigger club after 6 months. 

Was initially a centre midfielder, who had done well at youth/reserve level for Newcastle. Quickly found out that competitive football is a completely different standard. 

Did his 28 days in jail and was grateful that the club stuck by him, although feels that they had to due to Brooker being a valuable asset, and the club not being able to release one and not the other. 

Moved to right back and never looked back. He says that in his opinion, he became one of the best right backs outside of the Prem, and it's hard to argue otherwise. 

He's a really likeable guy. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Need to get around to listening to this one. I'm quite interested in the stories from Refs. 

Is the Orr interview that different to the OSIB one? Suspect many of the stories are along the same lines but may have a dip in. 

Bit different to the OSIB one. Focuses a lot on his youth days at Newcastle, loan spell at Burnley and then goes on to discuss City and his time in prison but with a bit more detail I'd say

• Like 1

Only just getting into podcasts myself really (10 years too late probably). Are there many others like this that people would recommend, and/or any others involving City players? I've only ever listened to OSIB really. I did listen to the Jimmy Glass UTC episode which was brilliant.

This one is well good. Very likeable guy is Bradley Orr, even if he was a bit of a numpty about the Magna Carta stuff. Couple of the interviewer lads are a bit irritating but Bradley Orr is a top guy.

7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Only just getting into podcasts myself really (10 years too late probably). Are there many others like this that people would recommend, and/or any others involving City players? I've only ever listened to OSIB really. I did listen to the Jimmy Glass UTC episode which was brilliant.

This one is well good. Very likeable guy is Bradley Orr, even if he was a bit of a numpty about the Magna Carta stuff. Couple of the interviewer lads are a bit irritating but Bradley Orr is a top guy.

Forever Bristol City have a few decent ones as do 3 Peaps in a Podcast with Ex City players and management.

The Overlap with Gary Neville is quite good as is Jamie Carragher's on spotify

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Under the cosh is completely different style and content. Our Cub fan Podcasts tend to focus on the years around City, and are a little more reverent . Under the Cosh like the stories about fights, the incidents and doesn't hold back on the language.
They can be brilliant, warts and all sort of stories. Kevin Cambell is a good one too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Under the cosh is completely different style and content. Our Cub fan Podcasts tend to focus on the years around City, and are a little more reverent . Under the Cosh like the stories about fights, the incidents and doesn't hold back on the language.
They can be brilliant, warts and all sort of stories. Kevin Cambell is a good one too.

Yeah have listened to quite a few including Campbell's which was great.. Found some of them a bit samey and full of lad stories, but I was probably over listening during the lockdown so will dip back into a few more. Will listen to Orr's in that case cheers. 

Edited by Rebounder

35 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Yeah have listened to quite a few including Campbell's which was great.. Found some of them a bit samey and full of lad stories, but I was probably over listening during the lockdown so will dip back into a few more. Will listen to Orr's in that case cheers. 

I know exactly what you mean, I stopped listening. Only watched if there was a City link over the last while. 
I think it's the same with all those sort of Pods. I binged on "A word in your ear" Podcast, it's brilliant. Mark Ellen and David Hepworth interview people in the music world. But after a while you need a pallet cleanser . 

• Like 1

• Admin

Without ruining it for anyone that hasn't listened to it yet, I'd never heard of the person he mentioned as meeting on day 2 in the prison. 

Timothy Crook is the only similar case I could find, but doesn't look how he was described 

stream_img.jpg

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Without ruining it for anyone that hasn't listened to it yet, I'd never heard of the person he mentioned as meeting on day 2 in the prison. 

Timothy Crook is the only similar case I could find, but doesn't look how he was described 

stream_img.jpg

It’s this bloke Phants

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/694779.why-did-this-man-kill-his-parents/

• Thanks 2

Managed to listen to part 2 last night as a patreon. 

Lots of really interesting stories about his time at Blackburn, and also a pretty harrowing one about life as an agent. Definitely worth checking it out. 

Would say the chat we had with him for OSIB was far more Bristol City centred (obvs), a naturally this one is more broad and focuses a bit more on QPR & Blackburn as more of a PL-centred show really. 

Overall he’s just a really great guy

• Like 2