IGNORED

Season Tickets

frenchred

Kinda gutted, wanted to get a season ticket this season, but simply can't afford it. Not in one hit, not a member or previous season ticket holder for the last 5 years for personal reasons and not been able to work for months so finances were really tight. Fortunately things have improved lately and had a enough money to get one if instalments were available but sadly not, so wont be many games I go to this year as POTD prices are too expensive for me to travel from Dulverton. 

15 minutes ago, eardun said:

Approx 1400 of the 13k season tickets sold so far are under 12s:

❗ Fewer than 100 South Stand Season Tickets left | Bristol City

Thanks for that….didn’t open the tweet earlier….that’s good….I often wondered how high the u12s category might be. 11%(ish) sounds a decent ratio in terms of keeping revenues up.

Ta

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks for that….didn’t open the tweet earlier….that’s good….I often wondered how high the u12s category might be. 11%(ish) sounds a decent ratio in terms of keeping revenues up.

Ta

I'm surprised it was that low a ratio.

Sitting in the SS it always feels like there are plenty of spare seats around even at the well attended matches. I have always thought people must book an extra U-12 ticket to keep an empty seat next to them. After all, if you're buying a shirt anyway they are virtually free!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Does anyone know:

1. If there will be a £10 start up credit for the shop?

2. If yes, then will it be the same as before where 10% credit is added per purchase

3. Also if 10% discount still applies to season card holders?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gonna be a new scheme this year….no idea what it will be though.

• Like 1

Seems very short sighted by the club - lots of folk are struggling with the cost of living, could well be reluctant to part with a lump sum and won't be finding ridiculous POTD prices all that attractive either.

Just throwing away supporters IMO.

• Like 11

• Admin

I understand your point and agree with you, but bet the answer will be that they all had to be set up by a set date to ensure payments all came out at the same time. 

Otherwise I guess there could have been higher amounts (less months to pay in) or even a double payment to start with. 

There would always have to be a cut off date so guess this is why? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

So approx. 1,400 u12's and another 2,100 u.19's. Almost 20% of total sales fall into the 12-17 age group.

Good spread and great for the future of the club (if the u.12's in particular enjoy it enough to use their ST's regularly) but that only leaves about 9.5k full paying fans.

Except then there's the reduced prices for u.25's & OAP's, in excess of 1k OAP's I'd imagine, and by the look of our crowd, many more (like me) on the verge.

Plus the u.22's. not mentioned - reductions vary by stand - but you'd hope there would be a lot who continue to attend when perhaps it comes to paying for themselves for the first time once they stop being u.18's.

Plus free tickets for carers, a few hundred probably.

Not sure where complimentary/sponsors tickets fit in, but there used to be a fair number of freebies there, though presumably not included in 'sales'.

All round looks quite healthy, but the 13k figure, while sounding pretty good, doesn't tell the whole story of how maybe close to 50% of those are not full paying adults, and how that equates to income for the club.

We're certainly getting a better picture than usual though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

All round looks quite healthy, but the 13k figure, while sounding pretty good, doesn't tell the whole story of how maybe close to 50% of those are not full paying adults, and how that equates to income for the club.

Agree, will be interesting to see the income generated from the 13k.  If it’s still around the £3.6m we received in 19/20 (our best season) then that’s pretty good imho.  But we will have to wait and see in the 21/22 accounts.

An interesting demographic of ST holders now.

Of note, massive move from the Dolman (still over 3000 seats available) to the South Stand (about 75). Very similar capacities for both stands as well. Around £150 cheaper in South Stand though.

Tough financial times for everyone out there at present.

16 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Of note, massive move from the Dolman (still over 3000 seats available) to the South Stand (about 75). Very similar capacities for both stands as well. Around £150 cheaper in South Stand though.

Wow.l.that’s a big shift, isn’t it. There was a time when the Dolman was always the fullest stand. 

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Dolman is still a great view and I have never understood the disparity from the Landsdown to the Dolman. Surely the prices should be more in line? The South stand is very well priced i think.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

On 14/06/2022 at 16:25, robin for life said:

Kinda gutted, wanted to get a season ticket this season, but simply can't afford it. Not in one hit, not a member or previous season ticket holder for the last 5 years for personal reasons and not been able to work for months so finances were really tight. Fortunately things have improved lately and had a enough money to get one if instalments were available but sadly not, so wont be many games I go to this year as POTD prices are too expensive for me to travel from Dulverton. 

Why not just put it on a credit card and pay it off in installments..? 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2022 at 16:11, robin for life said:

Can anyone tell me, have the club stopped allowing the purchase of Season Cards by instalments ?

Was Instalments that lad who ran on the pitch and yacked up?

If so, I very much hope Instalments won't be able to purchase a season ticket. Should be banned for life.

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why not just put it on a credit card and pay it off in installments..? 

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The way interest rates are going, a lot of people are understandably nervous about using credit cards for anything other than emergency purchases.

There are a lot of interest free credit cards out there. 

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/credit-cards/compare-interest-free/?p=0&source=GOO-0X0000048C289843F6&gclid=CjwKCAjwqauVBhBGEiwAXOepkaJpSAW5KG7q4TKaZEa-DA3CebpdHnGQZiEiBEhSO1udY7JIUeZ9pRoCxLcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes agreed. Even a 0% purchase for 12 months is all you need. If you head over to Martin Lewis you can do a soft search to see if you are likely to get one, leaves no footprints on your file. Then again if you don’t trust yourself to have a credit card you shouldn’t have one. 

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I didn't know that, I don't have a credit card (I subscribe to the mantra 'if I can't afford it, I don't have it).

That said, 'er indoors has a credit card which gets used for large purchases purely for the Section 75 (I think it it) protection.

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Yes agreed. Even a 0% purchase for 12 months is all you need. If you head over to Martin Lewis you can do a soft search to see if you are likely to get one, leaves no footprints on your file. Then again if you don’t trust yourself to have a credit card you shouldn’t have one. 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I didn't know that, I don't have a credit card (I subscribe to the mantra 'if I can't afford it, I don't have it).

That said, 'er indoors has a credit card which gets used for large purchases purely for the Section 75 (I think it it) protection.

I used to use the deals for my expenses when I was working, when you are travelling in May and know you won't be recompensed until the end of June, it can be a pain. Sometimes you can get a bit of extra benefit too, I had a Sainsburys one that earned me Nectar points and Tesco one which earned Club card points.

As long you make the minimum payments and only use them for specific purchases like the season ticket they are ideal. Also don't forget when the free limit ends, they aren't always that quick to let you know.