IGNORED

Season Tickets

frenchred

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I used to use the deals for my expenses when I was working, when you are travelling in May and know you won't be recompensed until the end of June, it can be a pain. Sometimes you can get a bit of extra benefit too, I had a Sainsburys one that earned me Nectar points and Tesco one which earned Club card points.

As long you make the minimum payments and only use them for specific purchases like the season ticket they are ideal. Also don't forget when the free limit ends, they aren't always that quick to let you know.

The one the Doris has does some sort of cash-back reward thing, which is apparently quite good as it only gets used for big purchases and then cleared in full to avoid any interest.

I'm old school, prefer the save and spend method!

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

The one the Doris has does some sort of cash-back reward thing, which is apparently quite good as it only gets used for big purchases and then cleared in full to avoid any interest.

I'm old school, prefer the save and spend method!

As I say, only ever had one for the expenses stuff, we don't have any now and haven't had them for any other purpose this century.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

As I say, only ever had one for the expenses stuff, we don't have any now and haven't had them for any other purpose this century.

I can see how they can be really useful and I would have thought that if you are organised, it is probably a route to inexpensive borrowing.

I'm not that organised.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 14/06/2022 at 16:25, robin for life said:

Kinda gutted, wanted to get a season ticket this season, but simply can't afford it. Not in one hit, not a member or previous season ticket holder for the last 5 years for personal reasons and not been able to work for months so finances were really tight. Fortunately things have improved lately and had a enough money to get one if instalments were available but sadly not, so wont be many games I go to this year as POTD prices are too expensive for me to travel from Dulverton. 

Without wanting to patronise, or to tell you how to live your life, had you considered setting aside the payment you would have made each month over this season? Possibly then this time next year you would have enough (or almost enough if prices rise a little) to get an ST for the 2023/24 season. If you do it into a decent savings account you might even earn enough interest for a pint?

Would that be possible? 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Without wanting to patronise, or to tell you how to live your life, had you considered setting aside the payment you would have made each month over this season? Possibly then this time next year you would have enough (or almost enough if prices rise a little) to get an ST for the 2023/24 season. If you do it into a decent savings account you might even earn enough interest for a pint?

Would that be possible? 

That's all well and good, but from 2018 to 2 months ago, my monthly earnings was £0!

2 minutes ago, robin for life said:

That's all well and good, but from 2018 to 2 months ago, my monthly earnings was £0!

I'm sorry to hear that. I only suggested it as you'd implied that you'd be able to afford monthly payments, and so I presumed you could save that cash instead.

I hope your circumstances improve quickly, and that you can get down to the Gate very soon.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The way interest rates are going, a lot of people are understandably nervous about using credit cards for anything other than emergency purchases.

OK, sure - but if you don't want to pay outright for something, then that's what they are for. 

People have had the option to pay by installments - now it's a case of paying in full, or easiest alternative is put it in a credit card. 

I'm constantly bombarded by balance transfer offers, so if you frugaly, then it should be straightforward enough to only pay about 3-4%pa to pay it off over a year. 

Just bought two season cards for me and Mrs.01 now I have a bit more time on my hands. 

Had to do it over the phone as wouldn't accept my card online for some reason, so asked how the sales were going and the answer was extremely good and will easily beat last years sales. I don't know how many were sold last season but I would have thought 13k+ was more anyway ?

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Could be 14k+ by seasons start.

There seems to be a bit of optimism about...

I think the good signings have helped, club seams to actually have an idea where it's going,

I am sure a lot of people believe it's going to be better this year, 

57 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I think the good signings have helped, club seams to actually have an idea where it's going,

I am sure a lot of people believe it's going to be better this year, 

I think the pandemic having had a further year of calming down has also encouraged a lot of people who didn't renew last season

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Bradford City have now sold just over 14,000 in league 2 . For 18 to 64 year olds their season tickets are £300 but for a club who’s fans could easily support Leeds or the two Sheffield clubs that pretty incredible support.

They've always had that kind of support to be fair

• Like 1

On 16/06/2022 at 20:50, robin for life said:

I have a singular ST in the south stand and definitely won’t be able to make several games a season. 

You are more than welcome to it on game days that I cannot attend. Hope your circumstances improve soon. Feel free to drop me a DM 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 3

2 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Bradford City have now sold just over 14,000 in league 2 . For 18 to 64 year olds their season tickets are £300 but for a club who’s fans could easily support Leeds or the two Sheffield clubs that pretty incredible support.

I think they are still reaping the benefits from a few seasons back when they gave Season Tickets away free (I think) - that would have gained them a lot of loyal support, and the fact they have continued to keep the prices lower than most can only go on to help.

• Like 1