IGNORED

Season Tickets

frenchred

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

The interesting bit is that judging by the mood on here I was expecting around 11.5k, especially when the anecdotal evidence is “me and my 14 mates who all sit together aren’t renewing”. Shows that this place is a bit more negative than the wider fan base as a whole and that many comments are hot air made for effect in the light of a bad performance or result.

Pleasantly surprised with the new ST figures, as it's a difficult cost of living picture for a lot of people at the moment.

I have however seen a lot of people leaving the Dolman for places like the South Stand, Family areas or Lansdown wings.  So i think there has been an adjustment financially for a significant amount of fans, whilst still of course supporting the club.

It Would be interesting to see the breakdown come the end of actual income from STs now compared to previous years.

For me the club though have to look at their POTD figures for next season. I'm S32 with my eldest (Under 19). My ticket averages out at £23 per game. I would have no issue with £30 per game POTD as still making a saving. £39 though for me is too much for people, I know my wife baulks at the cost; if she wants to come and watch with us. We then have to wait for the special offers that are being offered in the season.

13 k is good at this point in the year. With a couple more decent signings I can see edge closer and closer to 14k.

On a sidenote I noticed PNE have sold over 11.5k (best sales in 60 years) which is remarkable considering their average was 12.5k last season. I believe I read they have 4000 new season tickets where hundreds were free to concessions and the overall pricing is very good. Whats Ridsdale up to eh ??

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

13 k is good at this point in the year. With a couple more decent signings I can see edge closer and closer to 14k.

On a sidenote I noticed PNE have sold over 11.5k (best sales in 60 years) which is remarkable considering their average was 12.5k last season. I believe I read they have 4000 new season tickets where hundreds were free to concessions and the overall pricing is very good. Whats Ridsdale up to eh ??

Yes, an early bird offer on the highest tier price and a kids offer I think.

Although I can’t speak for all City fans there was a pretty low comment thread (single number pages) when our prices were announced, no real uproar, so City can’t have done a bad job in getting the pricing and marketing right.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, an early bird offer on the highest tier price and a kids offer I think.

Although I can’t speak for all City fans there was a pretty low comment thread (single number pages) when our prices were announced, no real uproar, so City can’t have done a bad job in getting the pricing and marketing right.

Agreed - think City have got the pricing and marketing right…..over 13k is impressive at this stage - I didn’t think sales would be this good….hopefully end up between 14k and 15k by the time the new season kicks off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agreed - think City have got the pricing and marketing right…..over 13k is impressive at this stage - I didn’t think sales would be this good….hopefully end up between 14k and 15k by the time the new season kicks off

Yep.  The big question for several of us is how much money will be generate from these sales.  If the increase is down to more kids tickets sold than full paying adults then we won’t generate as much as the other way around.  I know some have said they’ve moved to cheaper areas too.

Id love to know the breakdown of each age bracket in each stand.  You could truly compare then.

But footfall at AG is important too for other revenue streams.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep.  The big question for several of us is how much money will be generate from these sales.  If the increase is down to more kids tickets sold than full paying adults then we won’t generate as much as the other way around.  I know some have said they’ve moved to cheaper areas too.

Id love to know the breakdown of each age bracket in each stand.  You could truly compare then.

It's probably a 60/40 split but it would be interesting to see the stats,

We need to hook those kids early 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I made this point earlier.

Getting young supporters in to the habit of going to AG is vital and the low prices for their ST's reflects how important this is to the club.

But the income from their ST's is comparatively very low compared to a full paying adult.

If the 13k sold are made up of 11k adult and 2k children it's very different to a 9k/4k split both in terms of revenue and seats occupied. We know many children's ST's are bought because of the low price (and free shirt) and may only be used a few times per season.

When people trumpet how wrong posters were to forecast a drop in ST's, and that many on here who said they would not renew actually do in the end, they should remember the club have previously said that among those who didn't renew last season were 1700 adults who had had a ST for 7 years or more.

So long term STH's were indeed not renewing in alarming numbers.

Hopefully many of those non renewals were due to fears of Covid and many of those fans now feel able to return, but if that's not the case, and many have got out of the habit and their numbers are being replaced by low price offers for children, the club's revenue is taking a big hit.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

For me the club though have to look at their POTD figures for next season. I'm S32 with my eldest (Under 19). My ticket averages out at £23 per game. I would have no issue with £30 per game POTD as still making a saving. £39 though for me is too much for people, I know my wife baulks at the cost

Why not even less for your stand - £27, even £25?

If a couple wake up on a Saturday morning and fancy going to the match and find out it's going to be close to £80 just for tickets then as you say most are simply not going to go.

When I buy a ST I expect it to guarantee me the seat of my choice and to make some sort of saving on match day prices, I really don't need there to be such a big difference.

It's to everyone's advantage to have the ground as full as possible and have POTD prices at a level that do not put off occasional fans.

If they never go because of the high prices they'll never become regulars and potentially STH's in the future either.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Have the Bristol Post done an article yet saying we may have to take them off sale due to the numbers being sold.....

Is there a limit % wise that you can sell?

What's our capacity 27k? If it was 50% max then at 13.5k we would have to take them off sale.

for the Gas to sell 5k, and then pause is a possible indictment on their capacity issues at the moment. I was told by one of their season ticket holders at work that there are rules around terracing now.

Apparently there has to be a couple of metres between the front barrier to the first row of standing. As such, the Gas have lost around 2.5k worth of capacity from around the ground from terracing they can no longer use.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If a couple wake up on a Saturday morning and fancy going to the match and find out it's going to be close to £80 just for tickets then ass you say most are simply not going to go.

When I buy a ST I expect it to guarantee me the seat of my choice and to make some sort of saving on match day prices, I really don't need there to be a such a big difference.

It's to everyone's advantage to have the ground as full as possible and have POTD prices at a level that do not put off occasional fans.

If they never go because of the high prices they'll never become regulars and potentially STH's in the future either.

Exactly. For a lot of people, myself included, it's either have a season ticket or rarely go to games. Appreciate the club are trying to sell season tickets but nearly £40 for a ticket plus transport, food and drink for bottom half championship football is extortionate. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If a couple wake up on a Saturday morning and fancy going to the match and find out it's going to be close to £80 just for tickets then ass you say most are simply not going to go.

When I buy a ST I expect it to guarantee me the seat of my choice and to make some sort of saving on match day prices, I really don't need there to be a such a big difference.

Apologies @Nogbad the Bad I've run out of likes for the day (Yes, I know I should pay the £5 subscription).

100% agree with your points here.

Is the digital programme here to stay as well? Maybe printing a free programme would be a way forward, and a nice touch for young supporters.

I can't imagine it would cost less that a week of KP's wages over the course of the season.

• Admin
1 hour ago, KegCity said:

Exactly. For a lot of people, myself included, it's either have a season ticket or rarely go to games. Appreciate the club are trying to sell season tickets but nearly £40 for a ticket plus transport, food and drink for bottom half championship football is extortionate. 

Due to lifestyle changes etc, this season will be the first that I have not had a season ticket since 1997, the match day pricing will go a long way to dictate how often I get to go to a game this season

Just now, phantom said:

Due to lifestyle changes etc, this season will be the first that I have not had a season ticket since 1997, the match day pricing will go a long way to dictate how often I get to go to a game this season

I've only been a season ticket holder for the last few seasons, prior to that would go regularly in the East End. Once it was knocked down other areas of the ground were a bit too pricey, especially when the football was far from electric.

I completely get it from a business sense, but you've got to feel that cheaper tickets and a more filled ground would be better for the club as a whole.

• Like 4

Until the ongoing issues of transport in Bristol being shockingly bad is sorted out, then I will just pick and choose home games this season, and if tickets are available on general sale I will choose to go to a few more away games. The CAZ has made the decision for me (and another 6 people who I used to go with).

9 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Until the ongoing issues of transport in Bristol being shockingly bad is sorted out, then I will just pick and choose home games this season, and if tickets are available on general sale I will choose to go to a few more away games. The CAZ has made the decision for me (and another 6 people who I used to go with).

May have a long wait for the transport issues to be sorted !!

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, TheReds said:

I'm intrigued what has changed so badly that impacts so greatly on you all 

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm intrigued what has changed so badly that impacts so greatly on you all 

Not having the correct vehicles to drive down, Bristol public transport is just awful, and taxis are extortionate - Uber seemed to have lost the plot as an off topic! I won't be driving routes where the CAZ doesn't exist (at the moment, which will no doubt expand) because everyone else will be using those same routes so there will more congestion and pollution, and I simply will not pay a charge just to drive through the zone.

I drive a van, and the prices to get a new one are now so extortionate that I cannot justify it. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Not having the correct vehicles to drive down, Bristol public transport is just awful, and taxis are extortionate - Uber seemed to have lost the plot as an off topic! I won't be driving routes where the CAZ doesn't exist (at the moment, which will no doubt expand) because everyone else will be using those same routes so there will more congestion and pollution, and I simply will not pay a charge just to drive through the zone.

I drive a van, and the prices to get a new one are now so extortionate that I cannot justify it. 

Is public transport really all that bad, especially on a Saturday? 
Can get down to south Bristol in 15 minutes from north Bristol on the train.

3 hours ago, TheReds said:

Serious question, where do you live ?

On 06/06/2022 at 16:40, Davefevs said:

Just need another signing now and it may bump up some more.

I wasn’t going to renew but the first weekend without football and the wife took me shopping. I quickly gave my head a wobble and signed up for another year!  ?

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Serious question, where do you live ?

Kingswood, Mangotsfield and Hambrook, that's all of us. I've done the Park & Ride before from Brislington, but then the wait after was for about the 4th bus, so if you want to get away early on the first bus you have to leave the game way early, as I thought they would have had buses queued up waiting, That also never used to be an option midweek as they never ran it then.  Plus midweek games I would want to get away at full time and on my way, so have no interest in getting buses whatsoever on midweek kick offs. Got a taxi down against Hull as had a drink and was £38, after having 2 Ubers cancel whilst waiting.

11 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are people upset by the CAZ actually affected by it? My colleague piped up for all to hear when he found out about it with a load of old wibble. Then when checked, he was totally unaffected by it - like 71% of cars in Bristol according to the figures.

Anyone coming from my side would have to go Wells Rd, St Johns Lane etc. There are loads that go down Wells road from Totterdown Bridge (sometimes queuing back to the Rovers new stadium at the Fruit Market), and along the river, that will not be allowed to go that route for anyone who doesn't qualify. Then leaving will probably be even worse as everyone is leaving at the same time, and again cannot go the simple route of going along the river.

71% of cars that qualify won't get charged (ie people with newer cars), yet anyone who cannot afford a newer one will get charged, great news for the majority with money. 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2022 at 08:40, Davefevs said:

Approx 1400 of the 13k season tickets sold so far are under 12s:

❗ Fewer than 100 South Stand Season Tickets left | Bristol City

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1