IGNORED

Job for...

Magicdaps

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What do your reckon salary will be?

My guess £20-24k

Its a young man’s game. 

I think the transfer fee from OTIB would be a stumbling block, unless they loaned you back to us every Sunday to explain where we had gone wrong or right the day before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I think the transfer fee from OTIB would be a stumbling block, unless they loaned you back to us every Sunday to explain where we had gone wrong or right the day before.

Don't forget that Dave would be amortised though. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

In all seriousness I wonder how many points a really good analyst could claim was down to them over a season? As many as say Kasey Palmer? If so you can have his wage. 

I suppose if it was as much as getting the team one place higher in league table the salary is covered and more. Not easy to review though is it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magicdaps said:

Salary - "Competitive depending on experience".

I.e we hope to get someone as cheaply as possible who doesn't understand the market rate pay wise.

Standby for someone who's just finished their degree or masters; and in need of any job to pay off those loans.?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My guess £20-24k

Its a young man’s game.

Edit. It’s the Lead role, so maybe £30k

Still a young man’s game. 

Crazy really. That's barely more than we pay graduates at my software consultancy and they want "Extensive experience of professional football and performance analysis in a similar role".

If I were at AG getting the best I could in these positions would be one of my top priorities.

Do these things count against FFP? Either way it's dwarfed even by a novice player wage and arguably could have far more impact.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Crazy really. That's barely more than we pay graduates at my software consultancy and they want "Extensive experience of professional football and performance analysis in a similar role".

If I were at AG getting the best I could in these positions would be one of my top priorities.

Do these things count against FFP? Either way it's dwarfed even by a novice player wage and arguably could have far more impact.

It does suggest the club doesn't take the role very seriously, which I find depressing.

Alternatively, Championship clubs in general may be under valuing the job perhaps.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Yes. All football employees wages count towards FFP. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It does suggest the club doesn't take the role very seriously, which I find depressing.

Alternatively, Championship clubs in general may be under valuing the job perhaps.

Football in general just under pays given the amount of money involved

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I had to Google the meaning of that word, I’d imagine it’s a word the Lansdowns are familiar with.

They certainly are. Though the meaning of value for money seems to have escaped them when Ashton was running the show.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Salary - "Competitive depending on experience".

I.e we hope to get someone as cheaply as possible who doesn't understand the market rate pay wise.

Standby for someone who's just finished their degree or masters; and in need of any job to pay off those loans.?

With the salary being banded about I don't think you would earn enough to need to start repaying fees.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My guess £20-24k

Its a young man’s game.

For that kind of money I'd rather stay in bed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

As Alan Hansen once (probably) said: You don`t win anything with spreadsheets..............................................

Just like an army moves on its stomach, a football team moves on its spreadsheets!

Edited by IAmNick
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My guess £20-24k

Its a young man’s game.

Scandalous wage considering their role and the pay of their fellow colleagues. I used to work with students who'd intern at prem and efl clubs (including City) who were paid nothing for a whole season of interning. Lead performance analysts would get about 25k average at championship level, less at lg1 and 2 level. I knew one guy who'd been a performance analyst at Peterborough + left the game and retrained as a heating engineer because he couldn't support hsi family on the wage he was being offered. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Scandalous wage considering their role and the pay of their fellow colleagues. I used to work with students who'd intern at prem and efl clubs (including City) who were paid nothing for a whole season of interning. Lead performance analysts would get about 25k average at championship level, less at lg1 and 2 level. I knew one guy who'd been a performance analyst at Peterborough + left the game and retrained as a heating engineer because he couldn't support hsi family on the wage he was being offered. 

Maybe teams would be more generous with their levels of pay if it didn’t go towards FFP? 

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My guess £20-24k

Its a young man’s game.

Really?

You’re better off laying bricks.

To add to the above - A very good friend of mine has been involved in GK coaching since he was 18, so last 13-14 years. He worked part time for a championship-prem yo-yo club for years (whilst working full time as a teacher) - they'd regularly offer him a full time salary of 22-23k, which he simply couldn't afford to commit to. He's now full time at a lg1 club for around 28k, which is just about enough considering he's just had a kid. He's their lead academy coach, writes the whole programme, deals with strategy - you'd never get any sort of leadership role paying that at any other organisation I can think of.

Ive always thought the pay imbalance at football clubs should get more press attention than it does, not to mention the absolute scandal of unpaid placements within the football industry

Edited by underhanded
Typi
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1