IGNORED

T20 Blast 2022 season

Lanterne Rouge

38 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Christ! Somerset have actually beaten Hampshire in a cricket match. I know it's only the kiddies rubbish 6 and out Vitality Blast, but at least it's something. 

I’m a Hampshire fan and Somerset always win t20 games against them except one I think in recent times 

I was there tonight - never really in doubt and Somerset never had to get out of 2nd gear.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I had the sound down and didn’t realise this.

Having said that neither BBC or Cricinfo credited him in their scorecards 

I must admit I'd never realised before and not sure who the guy was that was commentating at the time but he wasn't aware of it either 

If you ever needed evidence of how little of a shit is given about the blast you've had 2 days of matches where no game has been on TV, surely any day a game is on it should be shown on Sky given there's a dedicated sky cricket channel rather than showing a replay. Just shows if as much attention went into the Blast as the hundred has received it would probably be a lot more popular. Its half term games should be on TV every day for kids to watch.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Could we? It won`t be for want of trying.

We’ve done really well to keep at 10 an over but we haven’t had the momentum of missing fielders that Sussex had.

And now with 2 quick wickets I think that’s it. But that’s T20, you can’t win them all,  no team ever has.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Whatever happens tonight at least we don’t have to watch our cricket on that dreadful track in Bristol.

Its T20 for Christ sake, why would you not want a pitch that produces loads of runs?

I wonder if they used the same wicket as the women earlier? 

I had it on in the background and that was awful too

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

TBF I think Glos have a decent T20 team and I really hope Payne gets his chance this time.

There seems to be very little between most of the clubs in the southern group, it’s going to be tight.

True - we could be something like fifth or sixth after the next round of games having been top yesterday.

Long way to go yet mind.

With everything that`s been going on we seem to have missed the news that Jim Parks passed away last week aged 90 following a fall at his home. I think I may have just caught the tail end of his three years at Somerset and at the time of his death he was the oldest surviving England test player.

RIP Jim.