IGNORED

T20 Blast 2022 season

Lanterne Rouge

That was unbelievable. What a team, I’ve said it all year it’s the best T20 team I’ve ever seen at Taunton, better than the one with Buttler and Keiswetter even.

Have we peaked too early? Well it’ll be hard to match that ever again but finals day is weird, absolutely anything can happen.

• Like 1

Luckily I recorded it so I started watching it again when I got home, finishing off this morning.

Magnificent, in the mayhem around me I hadn’t realised how close Rilee was to six sixes, 0 for 82 off 4 for poor old McKiernan. A word for George Scrimshaw though, he had me worried from his first ball, he was excellent but not backed up by his team mates.

To break those records in a knockout game was unreal.

26 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Luckily I recorded it so I started watching it again when I got home, finishing off this morning.

Magnificent, in the mayhem around me I hadn’t realised how close Rilee was to six sixes, 0 for 82 off 4 for poor old McKiernan. A word for George Scrimshaw though, he had me worried from his first ball, he was excellent but not backed up by his team mates.

@Fordy62posted some figures about what our score would have been if you took Scrimshaw`s figures out. 249/4 I think it was so he at least can come out of the debacle with his head held up. Apparently he`s back at Taunton in the week playing for the Lions.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

@Fordy62posted some figures about what our score would have been if you took Scrimshaw`s figures out. 249/4 I think it was so he at least can come out of the debacle with his head held up. Apparently he`s back at Taunton in the week playing for the Lions.

He would be an exciting prospect if we were able to get him on loan for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yes I’m working that day, Tom Abell captain along with Smeed and Banton, it should be a good day.

I’ve just got my code to buy finals day tickets but can’t make my mind up. It’s the one sporting event that I probably prefer to watch on tv than be in the middle of a 20,000 person stag do, which is what it feels like at times.

The fact the only tickets are in an uncovered stand facing south and they’re forecasting a heatwave, plus I’ve got tickets for Plymouth means I’m reluctantly siding with not going. Anyone else here going? 

19 minutes ago, TomF said:

Considered it but yeah temperatures could be in low 30s next weekend and it’s always a bit of a faff getting to edgbaston.  Shame because finals day is a great day and tbh the atmosphere kinda makes it 

Yeah I’ve never been to an Edgbatson finals day but I think it would be much better than the last one I went to in Cardiff. I literally spent the whole day watching a big group in front of me constantly standing up going to get drinks and food with no interest in the cricket. I think I got unlucky but it was as bad a sport watching experience as I’ve had.

Im still looking out for tickets to become available that will offer at least some shade in the day, atm the Somerset fans are being offered seats in the uncovered south facing RES Wyatt stand

26 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

How much of the game was Somerset's brilliance or Derby's crapiness.............or as I suspect a mix of both ?

I said to a Derbyshire fan near me, in the first 5 overs Derbyshire looked so nervous, with the exception of the brilliant Scrimshaw, and Somerset didn’t give them a moment to recover.

They’re a new team not used to knock out cricket and it showed. That said, Somerset have their best T20 team from 1 to 11 since the competition started.

But it’s T20 and a bad half hour on Saturday and Hampshire, who are the other end of the experience scale to Derbyshire, will soon punish us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I was luck enough to be there last night

Have to say Scrimshaw was superb 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I said to a Derbyshire fan near me, in the first 5 overs Derbyshire looked so nervous, with the exception of the brilliant Scrimshaw, and Somerset didn’t give them a moment to recover.

They’re a new team not used to knock out cricket and it showed. That said, Somerset have their best T20 team from 1 to 11 since the competition started.

But it’s T20 and a bad half hour on Saturday and Hampshire, who are the other end of the experience scale to Derbyshire, will soon punish us. 

Worth noting that Derby were without Shan Masood, who's been scoring runs for fun all summer, but as a result earned himself a recall to the Pakistan squad which means he's away with them in Sri Lanka for the next few weeks.

They'll be worth keeping an eye on over the next few years. They pulled off a bit of a coup in hiring Mickey Arthur as Director of Cricket and are revamping their entire setup, with results already improving this season. The issue, as it always is for the smaller clubs, will be whether they can hang on to their best players.

• Like 1