IGNORED

T20 Blast 2022 season

Lanterne Rouge

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Any reason why SKY don't seem to be showing many games?

Said it repeatedly, they put **** all effort in compared to The Hundred both in amount of games shown (comparatively to how many there are) as there should be a game on sky every day, if its a case of equipment and logistics then it wouldn't be an issue for football. Then also with how the blast is advertised, it barely is unless the counties are doing it. But then even stuff like the graphics/intros etc for the production haven't changed in years which shows the effort put into the production.

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Said it repeatedly, they put **** all effort in compared to The Hundred both in amount of games shown (comparatively to how many there are) as there should be a game on sky every day, if its a case of equipment and logistics then it wouldn't be an issue for football. Then also with how the blast is advertised, it barely is unless the counties are doing it. But then even stuff like the graphics/intros etc for the production haven't changed in years which shows the effort put into the production.

??????

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

It's defo come from the ECB to force the 100 agenda.    With Lloyd retired and Keys (the other plus point on T20 comms) gone as well it feels like they're slowly trying to justify killing it off. 

Crowds seem down too, not helped by the clubs wanting £30+ for a match. 

Clubs costs are all going up so its not unthinkable that they're trying to keep their income up on the money making tournament, even then £30 for 2 1/2 - 3 hours of a sports event vs how much to watch 90 mins of football? Value is still there to a degree, however its not helped that the hundred tickets are basically subsidised by the ECB to keep base tickets prices low

8 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Gloucestershire v Somerset tomorrow night. I will be there with 7 other members of my family as the lone Somerset supporter.  I think I have lost my son to Glos as he feels he should support them as he’s in their training programme.  Hope we win or it will be painful!

We vs We tomorrow, where We should win or We get a draw.

Personally, I hope We win. I hope We lose.

I think that accurately sums up cricket in the South West on OTIB.

The sky sports app cricket section has the blast table 7th (seventh) which makes it further  along than  the internation t20 world cup , hundred mens and hundred womens 2022 tables both ahead of it despite the tables being just 0 everywhere because the tournament hasn't stayed yet. 

Screenshot_20220609-133318_Sky Sports.jpg

Edited by The Humble Realist