IGNORED

The Killers

RedM

The Killers came on a few minutes ago. Vibrations coming up through the furniture.

(Nothing like the unregulated days of what was it 1981/82? with The Stones. The sound then was bouncing off the docks wall on Hotwell Road right back at us where we were fishing on Baltic Wharf :)

Edited by Sleepy1968

11 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Never really 'got' the Killers. Personally surprised that the Manics have to support them rather than the other way round!

I had to stand through about 90 minutes of one of their shows at a V Festival.

Which probably would have been okay, if at that point, they weren't headlining and I think had only released one album that I had never heard before.

That, with added rain, meant I have never been able to be objective about them and they fall in to a category of 'I get that some people like them, but they aren't my sort of thing'.

58 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Never really 'got' the Killers. Personally surprised that the Manics have to support them rather than the other way round!

Yep. I just watched some clips and got a little jealous that I wasn’t there to see the manics. 

That’s the 11th time I’ve seen them, and IMO they’ve never disappointed.
First time when they backed up U2 and I told everyone back then, that they are going to be big. 
Only disappointment for me tonight was the bars. They cope with the football and rugby but the queues tonight was horrendous. My wife who don’t like the Manic’s went to the bar midway through and returned 15 minutes before the Killers started. Every concert we normally go to, there are people going round with tanks on their backs selling drinks. I didn’t see any of that tonight. 

• Like 3

I loved every minute. The video mapping, lasers and lights were incredible. Old Brandon is a real showman. Great band. Also saw them supporting U2, in Cardiff. Back in the day.

Manics were good too. 
A fabulous concert. Just got back to Keynsham.

883D7F4A-D91B-4B3A-B478-72FFEF583DA4.jpeg

82A4E8EB-9313-4814-A472-C01F5AD13380.jpeg

E528C542-3090-4F16-9E1B-8724403D859F.jpeg

64EC0053-CF8D-4761-B0DC-9962270A609D.jpeg

E53D25A3-65E0-4CD9-89C0-0F6F0507BC26.jpeg

1059DF23-7868-40FD-92F6-6EA058CC6D85.jpeg

AC70EE3E-F17A-4E6E-92CE-096A3D6CAB92.jpeg

2BA8459D-1596-49FA-9BB3-A826E9BB0817.jpeg

6E52473C-659C-4871-8AF5-228598615931.jpeg

AED164E2-876E-492E-83EE-96E3F0C26ECC.jpeg

17D4429A-2587-4AFB-AB66-152BADC77527.jpeg

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2

Another one there tonight; on the pitch, just left of centre, quite near the front.

Didn't understand why the Manics came on at 7pm and not 7.30pm as advertised, maybe it was to do with the curfew I suppose. Was a little disappointed with the Manics to be honest, that's the ninth time I've seen them and far from the best. Killers on the other hand blew my socks off, no wonder people rave about them live, you can see why.

Great night and as an after thought, couldn't help thinking how small the pitch actually looked when you're on it. Dolman Stand looked really short which was bizarre, Lansdown was as grand as ever. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Another one there tonight; on the pitch, just left of centre, quite near the front.

Didn't understand why the Manics came on at 7pm and not 7.30pm as advertised, maybe it was to do with the curfew I suppose. Was a little disappointed with the Manics to be honest, that's the ninth time I've seen them and far from the best. Killers on the other hand blew my socks off, no wonder people rave about them live, you can see why.

Great night and as an after thought, couldn't help thinking how small the pitch actually looked when you're on it. Dolman Stand looked really short which was bizarre, Lansdown was as grand as ever. 

You're so right on the Dolman, it looks tiny when you're on the pitch! A full 17 years since I last saw The Killers in Bristol, and they were superb again. I'm not into their later stuff at all, but just to hear them reel out the hits from Hot Fuss was enough.

Manics were decent as always. They played a sort of greatest hits set. 'You love us' to finish was superb, I was going mad ? ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

2a0fD0r.jpg

Cheers I love that song so I’m gutted. I went into autopilot of the bus and went to gate 1 when I had to go to gate 3 so walking round and queuing for ages I got in at Design for life. I will have to just remember when I saw them on the Millennium at the Millennium stadium.

• Like 2

I went to Derren Brown, which was brilliant :)

I hate to sound like an old fart, times change and all that, but stadium gigs dont really do it for me, I saw a few when they first really started being a thing (Bowie, U2 and err Michael Jackson) but growing up in Bristol all the big bands would come to town and play places like The Locarno/Studio and Colston Hall. I count myslef lucky that I saw people like The Clash , Specials, AC/DC at places like this. It seems incredible now that you would just pop along to the Box Office and buy a ticket!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I missed part of the Manic’s due to coming on early but did they play Motorcycle Emptyness? 
I got to admit they played a great She sell’s Sanctuary. 

Them starting at 7 took me by surprise.

There were several sound checks going on from around 6.30, and I wasn't really paying much attention to the stage when the utterly brilliant Motorcycle Emptiness began.

The knock on effect meant that there was an overly long wait after they finished to the Killers starting.