IGNORED

Kal Naismith Signed (Official)

Lew-T

43 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

We have offered him a 3 year deal, probably doubled his wages. He gets to live in a beautiful part of the country with amazing facilities. 

To any Luton fan, I understand your frustration but it's dog eat dog in the Championship. Nothing personal but get use to it. Don't be bitter, celebrate your success and trust your recruitment process to replace him.

What a very reasonable chap you are?  ....Though i doubt Hatter's fans will be quite as laid back....Ha !

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Everyone’s right. He’s more versatile than a Colombian lap dancer.

CC64695E-651E-4464-9818-FFEA38FF8E1C.jpeg

Transfermarkt, pfffft! ???

E7C29875-CA43-4823-8371-93E4CF5B15A4.thumb.jpeg.707e1518b0d9c558bc274825185d48dc.jpeg

49 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Enjoying the early and sensible business. Ain't it great when Mark Ashton hasn't got his slimey mitts all over it. 

? 

29 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

A bit salty on th eLuton forum ? - referring to OTIB:

It’s a wankathon over there about Kal. A journeyman for most of his career. 18 months under NJ and his team and has one decent season in probably 12 as a pro and they think they’ve signed Rio Ferdinand. The team that took Bakinson and ruined him and I noticed O’Dowda who they signed ahead of us has now left on a free.
8th is their best ever season in the championship under the playoff system. A nothing club that’s won **** all and never will.

As mentioned to @Harryon our WhatsApp group, Paul Cook started playing Naismith as a “sweeper/ CB” at Wigan in the season they went down (19/20).  He’s one of the players who Cook signed a few times, and why a few of us were excited that Cook was in the frame when LJ left…as he is a good recruiter.  Alas.

We should’ve got him that summer, Luton got him in the January.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

@Lew - T Chapeau.

Pleased with this, talks in his interview as seeing himself as a centre back, so looks like Baker’s replacement to me.

Still expecting Klose to stay on but not Cundy. 

When I first heard this, I thought straight away this was going to be Baker’s replacement.

28 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

To any Luton fan, stick this up your arse.

Poxy little club that plays in a shithole ground in a shithole town, who think their fans are something special

**** off back to non league and take that odious Welsh pixie manager of yours with you.

Dont mice your words then

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

When I first heard this, I thought straight away this was going to be Baker’s replacement.

I think you're correct.

Signing Naismith, whilst also having Atkinson who can play the LCB role would indicate that we have now covered Bakers position. 

If Klose signs his deal, whilst also having Kalas, then we have 4 very good centre backs for this level. 

The Horsfall (Northampton) rumour may also be correct and act as Cundy's replacement, thus giving us great options at the back. 

Kane Wilson next please. 

• Like 1

Seems like a great signing  experience at the back is what we need. I couldn't even use that old forum to read their views but can tell just by the topics , although to be fair on this other forum slightly more balanced views;

magicspix: Criminal that we allowed Naismith to run his contract down. He'll be a massive loss. Don't understand why we only gave him a one year deal in the first place. Now he's got three years & presumably more money. Don't blame him, blame the club.49 minutes ago
geko: Hang on Derek. Naismith only wanted a wage in a panic with what was going on at Wigan. Nothing to do with letting his contract run down. He's got what any 30 year old footballer wants, a final big payday which he was never going to get at Luton.38 minutes ago *
geko: Some would say 'jack of all trades, master of none'. Filled in at fullback, a second rate centreback and had limited success in an attacking role. We can do better.

29 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I think you're correct.

Signing Naismith, whilst also having Atkinson who can play the LCB role would indicate that we have now covered Bakers position. 

If Klose signs his deal, whilst also having Kalas, then we have 4 very good centre backs for this level. 

The Horsfall (Northampton) rumour may also be correct and act as Cundy's replacement, thus giving us great options at the back. 

Kane Wilson next please. 

This signing, may also help convince other players too.

• Like 2

Refreshing to seemingly having a plan with our recruitment this season and getting players in for our system, instead of the random scattergun approach we have been accustomed to in previous seasons.

Get the bulk of our business done early and consider offers when they come in for our main assets - then we are in a better position to know how to navigate the latter end of the window.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Quality signing. No idea why anyones moaning about the contract length, he’s 30 not 40.

I think the 30+, 3 year contract is a valid argument. As I’ve said earlier, I think he’s a solid enough player and I don’t see many options in the left back slot this summer so it’s a sensible signing. 
Would I prefer he was 27 on a 3 year deal. Absolutely. I generally don’t like us giving 3 years to 30+ year olds. It’s the type of transfer strategy that has us where we are at the moment, because they tend to be on the upper end of the wage scale, no resale value and more prone to hitting injuries and/or losing their legs. A couple of bad signings of that ilk and things can quickly go very wrong financially. And we are effing tight financially right now! 

Not saying that’ll happen in this case, but 30+ on 3 years is always a bit more risky. So it’s a valid argument. 

For what it’s worth, I’m usually wholly against such deals, but knowing where we are at the moment and that we’ll really only be able to tap into free agents this summer, it’s as sensible a signing in a position of need as we’re likely to get. 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Firstly, I’m not usually the one to shout transfer rumours across this board. So I will just pass this on from what I’ve heard earlier today…

Apparently we are having talks with this lad. Swansea are another club that’s very interested by all accounts. I’m not sure what his contract status is with Luton, I haven’t really looked into it…

Just passing on.

To be fair @Lew-T that is an outstanding post today.

I doff my hat to you. Great signing on a free.

With  Moore, Vyner possibly going. Baker retiring? And Klose, Cundy not resigning; it would be easy to be caught short around defensive positions.

• Thanks 1