IGNORED

Kal Naismith Signed (Official)

Lew-T

On 30/05/2022 at 14:49, Rich said:

Fair play to you, was that in a professional capacity? I remember seeing games where the opposition were really struggling with the surface speed and bounce. Ok if you're used to playing on hard surfaces but the likes of Dave Rodgers had no chance.

Very far from professional, Rich.  My youth team hired it for a charity game.  Think that was the problem.  Any Tom, Dick and Harry could rent it and play on it.  Took a real battering.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Very far from professional, Rich.  My youth team hired it for a charity game.  Think that was the problem.  Any Tom, Dick and Harry could rent it and play on it.  Took a real battering.

The pitch, or your team?? Closest I ever got was Keynsham Towns pitch, as a youth.

Edited by Rich
addition
  • Haha 1

On 29/05/2022 at 15:27, Rich said:

Given Luton and also QPR both had an unfair advantage by allowing a plastic pitch, which most probably assisted them in being more successful than they would otherwise have been, during the 70's and 80's, their most recent successful period, since which time they've spent in the 3rd 4th and 5th tiers of English football. 

Of the 4 clubs who had plastic pitches I don’t think it’s a coincidence that 3 of them had a degree of success whilst using artificial turf. QPR and Oldham were both promoted to the top flight and Luton reached 2 League Cup finals whilst maintaining their place in the old 1st Division.

I never saw a game live at a ground with one of those pitches but I remember watching Midweek Sports Special as a child and seeing the ball bounce around everyone’s heads whenever they showed highlights from a game at Boundary Park ?

There was a plastic pitch at South Street that was open for anyone to use, first time I played on it I went in for a sliding tackle on one of my mates...I didn’t make that mistake again. ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Of the 4 clubs who had plastic pitches I don’t think it’s a coincidence that 3 of them had a degree of success whilst using artificial turf. QPR and Oldham were both promoted to the top flight and Luton reached 2 League Cup finals whilst maintaining their place in the old 1st Division.

I never saw a game live at a ground with one of those pitches but I remember watching Midweek Sports Special as a child and seeing the ball bounce around everyone’s heads whenever they showed highlights from a game at Boundary Park ?

There was a plastic pitch at South Street that was open for anyone to use, first time I played on it I went in for a sliding tackle on one of my mates...I didn’t make that mistake again. ?

I only ever saw two games live, one at Luton and one at PNE. It was an odd experience certainly.

38 minutes ago, chinapig said:

So it turns out Luton were lying when they claimed they knew nothing about Kal's move.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nathan-jones-kal-naismith-bristol-7231675

In the spirit of Luton fans at the time I demand an apology and a sanction of some kind from the EFL.?

It was always a nothing story.

Nobody ever claimed we’d tapped up Kal or anything like that.  All Luton claimed was we didn’t tell them we were going to announce it, so they could announce at their end at the same time (as is the common courtesy in this things).  We have professionally stayed away from responding.  FWIW, I reckon we did tell them, but they’d pissed off early on a hot, sunny, Friday afternoon, and got caught out.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was always a nothing story.

Nobody ever claimed we’d tapped up Kal or anything like that.  All Luton claimed was we didn’t tell them we were going to announce it, so they could announce at their end at the same time (as is the common courtesy in this things).  We have professionally stayed away from responding.  FWIW, I reckon we did tell them, but they’d pissed off early on a hot, sunny, Friday afternoon, and got caught out.

Diverted their own fans anger and attention towards us, instead of them asking why their POTY has just walked out in a free to a rival. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, SBB said:

Diverted their own fans anger and attention towards us, instead of them asking why their POTY has just walked out in a free to a rival. 

Exactly....got it in one?.  So stripping away the bull....t, Luton Town and Jone's lied through their teeth to make themselve 's look affronted and the good guys, while the whole time they were doing a Boris, and knew the entire time that Naismith was leaving,  because they are a bunch of cheapskate mofo's.    Yet again, it portray's what a horrible little football club they are?    Not only lying to the media, but also to their own supporters.............what a vile, pathetic team.           

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Exactly....got it in one?.  So stripping away the bull....t, Luton Town and Jone's lied through their teeth to make themselve 's look affronted and the good guys, while the whole time they were doing a Boris, and knew the entire time that Naismith was leaving,  because they are a bunch of cheapskate mofo's.    Yet again, it portray's what a horrible little football club they are?    Not only lying to the media, but also to their own supporters.............what a vile, pathetic team.           

Think this is a bit strong on the hatred. Personally have enjoyed watching Luton do well and especially with the resources they’ve had at this level. 

Admittedly some sour grapes in the transfer on their behalf, but it would be exactly the same here if we lost a merited player to say a West Brom or Sheffield United when they are in the same league.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CiderHeadDan said:

Think this is a bit strong on the hatred. Personally have enjoyed watching Luton do well and especially with the resources they’ve had at this level. 

Admittedly some sour grapes in the transfer on their behalf, but it would be exactly the same here if we lost a merited player to say a West Brom or Sheffield United when they are in the same league.

Your quite right, it was a little over the top. I put it down to too much lager  and the hot weather...Ha!    I`hope i didn't offend anyone.  However it was     underhanded to lie, and make Naismith and City out to be the villains, while knowing all along it was untrue............I would like to think City would be more honest, but maybe that's my naivety?

• Haha 1