IGNORED

Kal Naismith Signed (Official)

Lew-T

I enjoyed watching Naismith since his early days at Accrington. He mainly played right wing/midfield when up there. 
Same when he went to Portsmouth. Right wing and then left wing/midfield, with occasional stints in behind the striker. 
Was still at right mid when at Wigan with the odd game here or there at left back. 
It was only the last 2 seasons at Luton where he’d been predominantly playing as a defender. And in fairness, he’s taken to it pretty well. 
So he has the technique of a winger but clearly can perform in defence too. 

It’s a sensible signing. I’d imagine he’ll be played at left back but offer cover in the middle of defence if required. 
I don’t think this impacts the potential Horsfall or Wilson interest. I wouldn’t be surprised to see both of those too. We clearly want to have more (and better) defenders in the squad. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A bit salty on th eLuton forum ? - referring to OTIB:

It’s a wankathon over there about Kal. A journeyman for most of his career. 18 months under NJ and his team and has one decent season in probably 12 as a pro and they think they’ve signed Rio Ferdinand. The team that took Bakinson and ruined him and I noticed O’Dowda who they signed ahead of us has now left on a free.
8th is their best ever season in the championship under the playoff system. A nothing club that’s won **** all and never will.
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Just watched his interview after signing. 

Very impressive. He has a winners mentality and said Pearson was key to him signing. 

Certainly a lot to like about this deal, and bodes well for what is still to come this summer. 

Agree, talks like a winner!

12 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

We have offered him a 3 year deal, probably doubled his wages. He gets to live in a beautiful part of the country with amazing facilities. 

To any Luton fan, I understand your frustration but it's dog eat dog in the Championship. Nothing personal but get use to it. Don't be bitter, celebrate your success and trust your recruitment process to replace him.

To be fair its their third season in the league and they achieved top 6. Think they are as used to it as you can get however surely they will struggle to keep players. Lutons a hole and a few of their players would have turned heads.

Just now, Harry said:

It’s a sensible signing. I’d imagine he’ll be played at left back but offer cover in the middle of defence if required. 

Judging by his interview he expects to play centre half but is happy to play left back or midfield. 3 signings in 1.

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

It’s a wankathon over there about Kal. A journeyman for most of his career. 18 months under NJ and his team and has one decent season in probably 12 as a pro and they think they’ve signed Rio Ferdinand. The team that took Bakinson and ruined him and I noticed O’Dowda who they signed ahead of us has now left on a free.
8th is their best ever season in the championship under the playoff system. A nothing club that’s won **** all and never will.

A lot of that is quite true to be fair!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Um... ?

Screenshot_20220527-203548-926.png

• Like 6
  • Robin 3

4 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Sadly for Luton whilst we get 20k crowds and they get about 10k then we will always be in a better position to attract players than them

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Haha Non league club giving it the biggun again because lets face it thats what they are seen as to the younger football generations. In all fairness to them I'd be angry If I lived in Luton.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

And they think we're paying him £20,000 a week ???

11 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

They're quite clearly upset one of their best players has left them to a rival club, we'd be the same. 

They are incorrect on the last paragraph though, we finished 4th once upon a time, maybe when they were stuck in the non league.

We never sign in demand Championship players for free so rightfully we are happy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Haha you have to laugh at them.

Imagine actually having the misfortune to call Luton your ‘home’. Arguably the worst town i have ever had the displeasure of visiting - what an absolute shit hole of a place.

Also 8th our best finish in the championship? Did the thick cunt forget about us getting to the 2008 championship play-off final then?

• Like 8
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Haha you have to laugh at them.

Imagine actually having the misfortune to call Luton your ‘home’. Arguably the worst town i have ever had the displeasure of visiting - what an absolute shit hole of a place.

Also 8th our best finish in the championship? Did the thick cunt forget about us getting to the 2008 championship play-off final then?

Too busy playing the likes of Altrincham and losing to York in the conference playoffs at the time to remember 

• Haha 2