IGNORED

Kal Naismith Signed (Official)

Lew-T

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Absolutely off their rockers on that forum, a play off finish has proper gone to their heads

Mental isn’t it. A football club that was playing non-league football a little over 7 years ago and still have the facilities of a League 2/non-league club now calling us a ‘non-mark’ club ?

I don’t think anyone gives a toss what they won in the late 80s. Its 2022 now and they get gates of 10 k a week in the most dated ground in the league.. As a football club they are an age behind us. Genuinely hope the cunts go down next season as League 1 is without a doubt their level!

• Like 8
  • Flames 6

42 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It was worth signing him just to see the reaction of the Luton fans.

They really can't understand him leaving a top 6 club to come to little old City :laughcont:

They may find, as we did after getting to the play off final, that doing it again is not easy.

And if their average weekly wage is indeed £6k then there is bound to be a risk of losing players to other clubs. Their financial management has been very good but this is an inevitable consequence. Why are they surprised?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Mental isn’t it. A football club that was playing non-league football a little over 7 years ago and still have the facilities of a League 2/non-league club now calling us a ‘non-mark’ club ?

I don’t think anyone gives a toss what they won in the late 80s. Its 2022 now and they get gates of 10 k a week in the most dated ground in the league.. As a football club they are an age behind us. Genuinely hope the cunts go down next season as League 1 is without a doubt their level!

Personally, i’m very tempted to stick a few quid on them ‘doing a barnsley’ next season. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bris red said:

This.

We haven’t even mentioned Nathan Jones (the most obnoxious manager in the division) or that prick Lockyer yet, either.

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

26 minutes ago, bris red said:

Broke the sweat filter superbly there!

37 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They may find, as we did after getting to the play off final, that doing it again is not easy.

And if their average weekly wage is indeed £6k then there is bound to be a risk of losing players to other clubs. Their financial management has been very good but this is an inevitable consequence. Why are they surprised?

Yeah, unfortunately this is what happens when you are a financially prudent football club. No wonder the game is broken.

• Like 3

I don’t know much about him but seems a good signing. 

On age, 30 does not bother me. Hell neither does 35(not a 3 year deal though). I think for players in their 30s you have to look at their track record and how they take care of their body. Zlatan, Ronaldo, Lebron James and Tom Brady are all extreme examples but examples nonetheless. If you are committed to the sport full time, means now during off season or at home on own, you can play into your late 30s easily. The athletes I mentioned maybe started slowing in their mid 30s and by slowing it means for their standards. 30 is not old in professional sports anymore.

Obviously it is case by case though.  Andy King an example. He has been riddled with injuries most his career. Same with James. These are riskier signing in my eyes. KN I am not sure if he has had any major injuries. Looks like he has played a majority of games the last few seasons. He seems very serious about his profession. Not sure how risky this is considering that. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

This.

We haven’t even mentioned Nathan Jones (the most obnoxious manager in the division) or that ***** Lockyer yet, either.

I’m slightly torn on Luton because of Big Mick Harford and Jay Socik (Blades Analytics)…but Jones tips the balance against them.

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Absolutely off their rockers on that forum, a play off finish has proper gone to their heads

Naismith not renewing with them and coming to us must just remind them of their actual position in the hierarchy. That must irk them after a season of being told how special their club is.

The real world can hit hard sometimes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Blimey Ska. You’re being very respectful. Are LTFC supporters holding your wife and kids hostage at gunpoint? Blink twice for ‘yes’. ;)

It's the new more demure Ska Rudi. It won't last mind. ;)

If they held my Mrs at gunpoint, at least I would get all the bed, every cloud eh.

• Haha 1

Seems as though Luton weren’t aware he was coming to us…

We have learnt that Kal Naismith has agreed to join Bristol City when his Luton Town contract comes to an end next month.

We were surprised to discover from our fellow Championship club’s announcement, without advance warning as is the usual etiquette, that the 30-year-old has rejected the opportunity of a new contract at Kenilworth Road.

The Scot joined the Hatters as a free agent after departing Wigan Athletic in January 2021, and leaves with a total of three goals from 68 appearances, including 45 last season while winning two player of the year awards as Town reached the play-offs.

Edited by Clevedon Red
  • Haha 1