IGNORED

Kal Naismith Signed (Official)

Lew-T

18 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

A bit salty on th eLuton forum ? - referring to OTIB:

It’s a wankathon over there about Kal. A journeyman for most of his career. 18 months under NJ and his team and has one decent season in probably 12 as a pro and they think they’ve signed Rio Ferdinand. The team that took Bakinson and ruined him and I noticed O’Dowda who they signed ahead of us has now left on a free.
8th is their best ever season in the championship under the playoff system. A nothing club that’s won **** all and never will.

They must have forgotten 2008 the year we finished 4th.

• Like 1

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-signing-kal-naismith-7139147

James Piercy has quoted what Nigel said recently:

Luton is a really good story. Their problem, of course, is: if they don’t go up this year, can they keep their players? [audibly guffaws] The likelihood, with the players out of contract is no, because a lot of those players will try and cash in, and their agents will cash in on their clients having a good season. 

Something that seems to have taken their fans by surprise. Not too bright then.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

Seems as though Luton weren’t aware he was coming to us…

We have learnt that Kal Naismith has agreed to join Bristol City when his Luton Town contract comes to an end next month.

We were surprised to discover from our fellow Championship club’s announcement, without advance warning as is the usual etiquette, that the 30-year-old has rejected the opportunity of a new contract at Kenilworth Road.

The Scot joined the Hatters as a free agent after departing Wigan Athletic in January 2021, and leaves with a total of three goals from 68 appearances, including 45 last season while winning two player of the year awards as Town reached the play-offs.

Out of interest is it us or the player who’d normally notify Luton?

Edited by East Londoner
Double post

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've seen some right belters on Twitter today, but dear God this guy is special.

image.png.f8e037c928a9f69ea129b61b6855ac78.png

What is it they don't understand about a player being out of contract for God's sake?!

It seems likely for instance that Cundy is talking to other clubs right now, which is fine, he is free to do so. Klose may be doing the same, no problem.

But again for the benefit of any Luton fans visiting : HE WAS OUT OF ******* CONTRACT!

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

How are some of their fans stupid enough to not realise that its the player (namely their agent) who should inform them of the rejection of their offer one acceptance of another?

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've seen some right belters on Twitter today, but dear God this guy is special.

image.png.f8e037c928a9f69ea129b61b6855ac78.png

Not just him as an individual - there are some of their fans who don't seem to realise that there is major pulling power in this division. 

Others can't seem to compute that simply being 'well-run' means politely **** all at this level.

Edited by Fuber

Seems as though Luton weren’t aware he was coming to us…

We have learnt that Kal Naismith has agreed to join Bristol City when his Luton Town contract comes to an end next month.

We were surprised to discover from our fellow Championship club’s announcement, without advance warning as is the usual etiquette, that the 30-year-old has rejected the opportunity of a new contract at Kenilworth Road.

The Scot joined the Hatters as a free agent after departing Wigan Athletic in January 2021, and leaves with a total of three goals from 68 appearances, including 45 last season while winning two player of the year awards as Town reached the play-offs.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

31 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Out of interest is it us or the player who’d normally notify Luton?

It is etiquette for both teams to agree to announce the in / out at the same time.

I would be surprised if City just went ahead with it.  Gould doesn’t strike me as the type, and in fairness, even the toss-pot Ashton did transfers properly.

I wonder if we will respond.

Perhaps someone at Luton knocked off early yesterday! ??‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'd presume the "etiquette" is for him/his agent to tell Luton that he's rejecting the offer because he's signing for us, Luton put something out to that effect without naming us, then we announce he's signed.

We found out the hard way that Gary Collier had decided to leave City and join Coventry, so this situation is nothing new.

21 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

A bit salty on th eLuton forum ? - referring to OTIB:

It’s a wankathon over there about Kal. A journeyman for most of his career. 18 months under NJ and his team and has one decent season in probably 12 as a pro and they think they’ve signed Rio Ferdinand. The team that took Bakinson and ruined him and I noticed O’Dowda who they signed ahead of us has now left on a free.
8th is their best ever season in the championship under the playoff system. A nothing club that’s won **** all and never will.

950D18B3-7BF6-4AE4-8B53-0DB6CDE78C32.jpeg

One thing to bear in mind is that under end of contract rules (between English FA clubs), contract talks with another club can be initiated by the player once he enters the final month of his contract, i.e. 1st June onwards.  Until that point, he must get permission from his club (Luton in this case).

Luton aren’t claiming City tapped him up, just that City or Naismith either didn’t tell them they were signing him, or agreed the announcement timing.

Its something in nothing really, and of course is only one sides view of the story.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

One thing to bear in mind is that under end of contract rules (between English FA clubs), contract talks with another club can be initiated by the player once he enters the final month of his contract, i.e. 1st June onwards.  Until that point, he must get permission from his club (Luton in this case).

Luton aren’t claiming City tapped him up, just that City or Naismith either didn’t tell them they were signing him, or agreed the announcement timing.

Its something in nothing really, and of course is only one sides view of the story.

True of course but we know that clubs talk to the agents of in contract players all the time. It's often publicly reported that it's happening and nobody bats an eyelid.

When was the last time a club was sanctioned for tapping up for instance?

• Like 1