IGNORED

Champions League Final

Pearcy

4 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Your situation is completely different as you obviously have ties to Bristol . What all of us that hate Liverpool on here are disliking is the people born and raised in the West Country but support Liverpool instead or as well as city . You never meet anyone born and raised down south who support Grimsby or Carlisle so it’s purely a glory /plastic fan thing to support Liverpool / united .

I get you, I know plenty of plastics.

Tbh, my connection to Bristol is the club. Never lived there (but would love to) my dad took me as a kid, and his dad took him because we were in division 1 and local. So there was an element of “glory”. They didn’t go to Swindon which was closer.

However, you’re right, I’ve adopted that as my identity. I see how some people could be West Country born and feel that affiliation to somewhere else, but I also agree there’s a lot of “plastic”, every clubs got them though. Even us, I know people who never mention City but get to Wembley and out they come (same with Swindon fans this season for the Man City / playoff games)

I don’t care about Liverpool fans though, they’re representing England whether they like it or not and I’ll back the English/British in any sport or competition ?

• Like 1

Just now, SecretSam said:

Fair enough. No harm meant.

No, none taken either SS, your post was absolutely fine…was only responding to Silvio’s excellent post (he often does).  Sometimes others should just think 5 seconds before they post.

• Like 2

Just now, SecretSam said:

Or the Liverpool fans for not turning up on time?

It could be a case that there are more people outside without tickets, meaning those with tickets are unable to access the turnstiles.

Might not be the case, but you have to wonder what is causing the delay in getting in.

Just now, Davefevs said:

No, none taken either SS, your post was absolutely fine…was only responding to Silvio’s excellent post (he often does).  Sometimes others should just think 5 seconds before they post.

If I thought for 5 seconds, I'd forget what I was on about 

• Flames 1

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

It could be a case that there are more people outside without tickets, meaning those with tickets are unable to access the turnstiles.

Might not be the case, but you have to wonder what is causing the delay in getting in.

French police appear to have just shut the gates with no intention of helping the fans with tickets get in

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would post a twitter link of fans climbing over fences, but twitter links don't work on here at the moment.

There’s mixed reports on that, some say it’s jumping the gates some say it’s avoiding a crush. There was a fair few empty seats in the ground so could be genuine fans still stuck outside.

Forgettinb anything I’ve said about Liverpool fans prior and any bias I think it’s best not to speculate - we should have learnt by now that how’s it’s reported initially may not match reality. It will all become clear eventually.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Or the Liverpool fans for not turning up on time?

Apparently some have queued 2.5 hours.

Again, take Liverpool out of it, for the sake of English football I hope this isn’t their “fault”. After the euro final we don’t need any more issues.

If it’s like the Euro final last summer, there will be thousands- if not tens of thousands- of ticketless fans trying to get in. Presumably the French authorities aren’t coping and the French police, who could start a punch up at a children’s party, will be making things worse. But the primary problem will be scousers trying to get in without tickets. I’m pretty defensive when it comes to English fans- I’ve been England home and away since 1981- but  this is now becoming a very English thing and a very English problem.

• Like 1