IGNORED

Champions League Final

Pearcy

1 minute ago, East Londoner said:

Can’t help but think if an English side played like that and won the reaction around Europe would be that our sides can’t play but because it’s Real Madrid they’re world beaters 

I don’t really get the anti Liverpool stuff though, they’re a english based team and I’ve even supported arsenal in a champions league final before. Don’t get why people wanted Madrid to win yet another one 

Liverpool fans themselves say they aren’t English. Think that’s one reason why there is anti Liverpool stuff. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Can’t help but think if an English side played like that and won the reaction around Europe would be that our sides can’t play but because it’s Real Madrid they’re world beaters 

I don’t really get the anti Liverpool stuff though, they’re a english based team and I’ve even supported arsenal in a champions league final before. Don’t get why people wanted Madrid to win yet another one 

Booing the national anthem

'This means more' weirdo bullshit 

Muggy fans including an extensive media fanbase

Bristolian glory supporters including a significant number of so say City fans on OTIB

Four reasons for a start

• Flames 1

BT commentator at FT

You HAVE to feel sorry for Liverpool

Oh, really. Didn't realise it was compulsory  :laugh:

I found it quite funny that they lost.

How does the old Stones song go?

You can't always get what you want.

Tough.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Most of us dislike Because of their annoying fans that never actually attend games. 

You can’t have a conversation with most of them about Liverpool without them banging on about how amazing they are, what amazing fans, how amazing Klopp is blah blah blah 

They are just annoying 

• Like 1
  • Flames 4

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

At some point you have to wonder if it is luck or a quality game plan built to beat English sides.

All I’m saying is is that if you lose the shot count 24- 4  and lose the shots on target 9-1 you will win very very few games and in my opinion that’s luck, but fair play to Madrid they’ve certainly had their name written on this cup this season, almost enjoyed tonight’s game as much as Wrexham v Grimsby earlier ?

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Booing the national anthem

'This means more' weirdo bullshit 

Muggy fans including an extensive media fanbase

Bristolian glory supporters including a significant number of so say City fans on OTIB

Four reasons for a start

image.png.26eccb53728bb7f31f659cb977d12c98.png

I would of liked to seen the likes of Real Madrid and Liverpool banned from European competition for a couple of years. After trying to ruin football for the sake of their own selfishness. It seems to be forgotten about in the media . But it really pissed me off. Pretty sure Real Madrid are still signed up to it.

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yeah, not the same anymore.

Bit Brexit, but give me a Liverpool team of (yer):

Clemences 

Neals

Smiffs 

Hughes

Jones

McDermotts

Kennedies

Keegans 

Callaghans 

Cases

Heighways

and I might care. But not this jamboree

Didn’t Liverpool field a team in a cup final in the 80s with not a single English player in the team? very rare at the time

Just now, Rob k said:

Most of us dislike Because of their annoying fans that never actually attend games. 

You can’t have a conversation with most of them about Liverpool without them banging on about how amazing they are, what amazing fans, how amazing Klopp is blah blah blah 

They are just annoying 

Thing is, they are amazing. Which is annoying! And irritating. Cos we ain't amazing.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yeah, not the same anymore.

Bit Brexit, but give me a Liverpool team of (yer):

Clemences 

Neals

Smiffs 

Hughes

Jones

McDermotts

Kennedies

Keegans 

Callaghans 

Cases

Heighways

and I might care. But not this jamboree

FFS it's not the 1970s anymore...

1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Thing is, they are amazing. Which is annoying! And irritating. Cos we ain't amazing.

Well given Bristol and Liverpool are similar cities in many ways, it stands to reason we would be alright if our population supported us and not some random team at the opposite end of the country 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Could quite easily have been potless this season - not scored a goal in a final this season so not that amazing 

1 minute ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yes, it's amazing what a good dose of self-pity and a chip on both shoulders can do for the atmosphere amongst one's supporters. Plus the odd League title. Or two. And a European title. Or two.

In contrast, we Bristolians do not do self pity, more like meh, shrug shoulders, whatever. As for titles, I'm not sure the JPT comes into it. 

Which means we have precious little to make an atmosphere about. 

12 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Could quite easily have been potless this season - not scored a goal in a final this season so not that amazing 

Chelsea robbed of a perfectly good goal in the League Cup final too.  Still puzzles me as to why VAR brushed Lukaku's goal, ONSIDE goal aside with little fuss or consideration. He was level, not offside ffs.

Edited by AppyDAZE

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes, it's amazing what a good dose of self-pity and a chip on both shoulders can do for the atmosphere amongst one's supporters. Plus the odd League title. Or two. And a European title. Or two.

In contrast, we Bristolians do not do self pity, more like meh, shrug shoulders, whatever. As for titles, I'm not sure the JPT comes into it. 

Which means we have precious little to make an atmosphere about. 

They were "atmospheric" in 1964, before they'd won a thing.* We're bloody apathetic, even when we're doing well (ie 78/79, finish 13th, do very well, and crowds were down on the first two years up! No wonder AD moaned about support in his programme notes every week).

* yes, yes. I know. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

They were "atmospheric" in 1964, before they'd won a thing.* We're bloody apathetic, even when we're doing well (ie 78/79, finish 13th, do very well, and crowds were down on the first two years up! No wonder AD moaned about support in his programme notes every week).

* yes, yes. I know. 

I did nothing of the sort. Scandalous lies.

• Haha 1

I don't much like Real Madrid as a club, as I said last week but Courtois was very good. Don't mind a range of the managers too- Ancelotti especially seems a good guy.

Liverpool did (I missed 1st half hour) all they could- all they could but score. That said thought Real Madrid did show more on the break 2nd half and some of their possession play and in tight areas at times was excellent even if only in fits and starts- aging side vs an excellent Liverpool.

Name was on the cup in a sense- rode their luck vs a range of sides but came up with some moments or periods of excellence, though not of the level of the sides they beat in the knockouts, Inter in the group stage caused them a lot of problems home and away- which shows it was a tough run too.

11 hours ago, MarcusX said:

It’s funny, I live 150+ miles from Bristol. Get to home games once in a blue moon because I still play. Make the occasional away games because we rarely sell out.

if we suddenly became world beaters in the next 5 years I’d probably be considered a plastic ?‍♂️

Not quite the same, tbh not at all. Assuming you are from Bristol or the surrounding area- not that it is a bar to support of course- moving away quite far but still making games is frankly fairly admirable- especially with playing football too.

A world of difference between that and "supporting" a side because a) They win a lot and b) One sees them on TV often.

Further, there are shades of grey- family ties etc- but I am quite sure a lot of the plastics fall into the category of the 2nd line.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous