IGNORED

Champions League Final

Pearcy

1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Classic scouse tactics? That’s very harsh. I’ve a couple of friends who attended yesterday. Arrived at the ground at 18.30, plenty of time you would have thought alongside many a fan and found a large amount of the turnstiles were closed. There have since been multiple videos of football supporters (like us) being tear gassed when simply showing their tickets to the authorities. Other videos showing locals trying to squeeze in front at the turnstiles. Eventually one of my pals got in 25 minutes after the KO. Many of the fans have been fleeced for tickets, just to follow their club, and then miss out on the early action. UEFA blamed the fans. Absolute joke. Responses like yours are an insult. Football is broken. 

You may well think that description is harsh, sadly it is a tactic well used and, such is the dedication of some fans that, they will do anything possible to get to see their team. Liverpool being very successful have had more opportunities over the decades to expand on their knowledge. I well remember the events of Hillsborough, yet not too long after, Liverpool fans were breaking open the gates at Wembley to gain access and I'll never forget seeing both Liverpool and Everton fans scaling walls and using scarves as ropes while climbing walls and squeezing through toilet windows to get into Wembley. The recent Wembley final in the Euros is testament to what football supporters will do to gain entry, along with the MUFC protest.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

yes I think it was through his Grandmothers heritage ,Also Craig Johnstone played for England so that would make him English .

if you knew that about craig johnston without looking it up on wikipedia, fair play to you 

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Classic scouse tactics? That’s very harsh. I’ve a couple of friends who attended yesterday. Arrived at the ground at 18.30, plenty of time you would have thought alongside many a fan and found a large amount of the turnstiles were closed. There have since been multiple videos of football supporters (like us) being tear gassed when simply showing their tickets to the authorities. Other videos showing locals trying to squeeze in front at the turnstiles. Eventually one of my pals got in 25 minutes after the KO. Many of the fans have been fleeced for tickets, just to follow their club, and then miss out on the early action. UEFA blamed the fans. Absolute joke. Responses like yours are an insult. Football is broken. 

I did say I feel sorry for the genuine fans, you seemed to have missed seeing that part of my comment. 

As per usual, it’s the minority who spoil it for the majority PLUS in this case the ‘authorities’ seemed to apply a very heavy hand to discredit genuine fans to hide their own incompetence. 

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Moronic by UEFA to issue print at home tickets. Most ( large venue) concert tickets are now only issued a few days before by way of a QR code to an app on your phone. This code changes every 10 minutes or so. Duplicates and black market tickets no more.

Three weeks ago, I got an email from Ticketmaster, that due to a large number of tickets for the Killers being sold on Gumtree and Craigslist, that they re-issued Killers tickets for Ashton Gate with new barcodes. I received these one week before concert and were E-Tickets which I printed off all four of them to take with me on Thursday. 

Touts were at the gate on Thursday offering £300 a ticket and getting £500 a ticket! Mine were £140 VIP tickets and we got in no problem, but they didn't check ID to names and anything, so clearly a massive gig like Thursday was deemed acceptable for print at home tickets, added further to that, no checking of ID to name on ticket, which it said on ticket MAY happen. yet a lot of touts buying and selling outside, and tickets were refreshed by Ticketmaster after they were made aware of loads on sale for huge amounts online in the run up to the concert.

I've always said the only way to prevent this sort of thing is to send out tickets which have a photo id on them, so when you buy, your computer takes photo of face, or by phone or if you buy in person, done where you buy ticket from. That way if I am not with the group of 3 others and my face on tickets, you dont get let in, as purchaser is not with the tickets and entry is only allowed with ticketholder.

TBH, venues dont really care about touts and fake tickets and black markets, they say they do, but they dont. They make their money selling out a concert and as far as they care, as long as it sells out, they've made their money.

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Moronic by UEFA to issue print at home tickets. Most ( large venue) concert tickets are now only issued a few days before by way of a QR code to an app on your phone. This code changes every 10 minutes or so. Duplicates and black market tickets no more.

Although not everyone has smart phones, not everyone has mobile phones. A lot of the older generation fans would be screwed by this. My Dad is in his 70s doesn't have the internet at home, has a mobile which doesn't have access to the internet and he still sends cheques, and he was an inspector for the Inland Revenue in his working days! My parents don't even have a computer and when it comes to insurance and that he rings around. I find it crazy, but just because a modern generation relies of technology, it doesn't mean those who don't use it, or have never used it should miss out.

49 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Your Nationality is not determined by the country of birth

Really? Well neither of my grand parents were English, and one of my parents is not English and I have siblings who are not English, but I still have a Brittish passport, so am I not English, despite being born in England, when 6 out of the 7 closest relatives of mine were not born in the UK?

Just now, robin for life said:

Really? Well neither of my grand parents were English, and one of my parents is not English and I have siblings who are not English, but I still have a Brittish passport, so am I not English, despite being born in England, when 6 out of the 7 closest relatives of mine were not born in the UK?

So if you were born in China you would be Chinese? 

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

So Notts have had to wait 23 years

How many more ******* years are we going to have to wait ?

Painful to watch isn't it. When or if it happens though imagine that feeling.. I have to say fair play to the Forest fans, we'd love to be them right now

2 hours ago, robin for life said:

Three weeks ago, I got an email from Ticketmaster, that due to a large number of tickets for the Killers being sold on Gumtree and Craigslist, that they re-issued Killers tickets for Ashton Gate with new barcodes. I received these one week before concert and were E-Tickets which I printed off all four of them to take with me on Thursday. 

Touts were at the gate on Thursday offering £300 a ticket and getting £500 a ticket! Mine were £140 VIP tickets and we got in no problem, but they didn't check ID to names and anything, so clearly a massive gig like Thursday was deemed acceptable for print at home tickets, added further to that, no checking of ID to name on ticket, which it said on ticket MAY happen. yet a lot of touts buying and selling outside, and tickets were refreshed by Ticketmaster after they were made aware of loads on sale for huge amounts online in the run up to the concert.

I've always said the only way to prevent this sort of thing is to send out tickets which have a photo id on them, so when you buy, your computer takes photo of face, or by phone or if you buy in person, done where you buy ticket from. That way if I am not with the group of 3 others and my face on tickets, you dont get let in, as purchaser is not with the tickets and entry is only allowed with ticketholder.

TBH, venues dont really care about touts and fake tickets and black markets, they say they do, but they dont. They make their money selling out a concert and as far as they care, as long as it sells out, they've made their money.

But you could have printed off 20 and sold them for £100 each, as long as you got in early before anyone else used the barcode. That's the point about UEFA being moronic in a situation like this where the expected turnout of fans (desperate to see their team in a major final) will be probably triple the number tickets allocated. 

2 hours ago, robin for life said:

Although not everyone has smart phones, not everyone has mobile phones. A lot of the older generation fans would be screwed by this. My Dad is in his 70s doesn't have the internet at home, has a mobile which doesn't have access to the internet and he still sends cheques, and he was an inspector for the Inland Revenue in his working days! My parents don't even have a computer and when it comes to insurance and that he rings around. I find it crazy, but just because a modern generation relies of technology, it doesn't mean those who don't use it, or have never used it should miss out.

I am not far off your Dad's generation and I find it a pain in the  whatnot to have apps on my phone to access train tickets, concert tickets etc. It isnt that difficult and if it stops scumbag touts making huge amounts on black market tickets then i'm all for it. It may seem like it to you but 70's isn't old, just saying.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

But you could have printed off 20 and sold them for £100 each, as long as you got in early before anyone else used the barcode. That's the point about UEFA being moronic in a situation like this where the expected turnout of fans (desperate to see their team in a major final) will be probably triple the number tickets allocated. 

Can’t you only print once? I cocked up printing an England ticket once- forgot to shrink to page- and that was that. It wouldn’t re-print. Had the massive hassle of having to go to the Wembley ticket office several hours before kick off, where they re issued the  tickets with a new barcode. 
The problem with e-tickets delivered via an app- as at the Euros- is that if the Wi-Fi can’t cope ( which it can’t at Wembley), the stewards know that genuine ticket holders can’t activate properly, leading to them having to assume that anyone with an image on their phone has a legit ticket.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I like my tickets posted to me - I’m an it professional but not everything needs to be digital.  I like having ticket Stubbs, and last few City games with the kids posted tickets haven’t been an option. 

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I like my tickets posted to me - I’m an it professional but not everything needs to be digital.  I like having ticket Stubbs, and last few City games with the kids posted tickets haven’t been an option. 

An IT professional, perhaps, but quite amateurish it would seem when (double) posting on OTIB ? ?.

Just to be clear; I don’t mean this post to be offensive, just puerile sarcasm.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

St Etienne just got relegated to Ligue 2 and their fans ran on the pitch to attack their own players

E2A: they were firing flares at their own players and the coaching staff

Be difficult for the French authorities to blame that on English hooligans 

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

So do I. Then for England v Albania the tickets were stolen in the post and getting them reissued was a major hassle. 

13 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Can’t you only print once? I cocked up printing an England ticket once- forgot to shrink to page- and that was that. It wouldn’t re-print. Had the massive hassle of having to go to the Wembley ticket office several hours before kick off, where they re issued the  tickets with a new barcode. 
The problem with e-tickets delivered via an app- as at the Euros- is that if the Wi-Fi can’t cope ( which it can’t at Wembley), the stewards know that genuine ticket holders can’t activate properly, leading to them having to assume that anyone with an image on their phone has a legit ticket.

Nothing is foolproof, but you could have photo copied your print once ticket, I assume.

Edited by Sir Geoff
extra text

As long as people keep buying touted tickets the market will continue to exist. Names on tickets and photos on tickets have been tried and are used but they prevent genuine people moving tickets on at face value. Twickets.live is the only safe and reliable way of purchasing second hand tickets for events, be good for UEFA and other bodies to endorse such companies.

• Like 3

On 29/05/2022 at 10:23, Midred said:

Presumably you  can print your ticket at home and then with a decent photo copier make duplicates. If someone gets in with a duplicate ticket does this invalidate the original ticket later on?

No experience of this problem at Ashton Gate! 

you can print your ticket more than once. The same could have happened with Killers tickets. I printed them out, my friend printed them out, and her friend printed them out. We all did in case one person didn't make it to AG. Somehow other people got hold of those tickets, or the original purchaser sold on the ticket…they'd have to guarantee that they got in first, or didn't bother and just sold multiple copies of the same ticket. All you have is a barcode to scan. Plus, you just need to forward the pdf link or whatever to multiple people

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Sad 1