IGNORED

Obi Wan Kenobi

TomF

As a Srar Wars fan i enjoyed it. Only 6eps so hopefully short and sweet. Will surely climax with a Obi-Wan/Vader confrontation.

There doesn't seem to be much news around about a new series of movies so i think they'll be doing these spin offs for a while yet.

I'm not sure they know what else to do with Star Wars at the moment. Old Republic era seems popular with the fans. The sequels were ok, too much fan service for my liking. They need some fresh ideas.

Waiting until they're all out before watching them back to back. 

I do enjoy star wars but I have friends who have exemplary encyclopedic knowledge of all things star wars so will get their updates as and when. 

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

I'm not sure they know what else to do with Star Wars at the moment. Old Republic era seems popular with the fans. The sequels were ok, too much fan service for my liking. They need some fresh ideas.

By the sounds of it they're trying to move away from the Skywalker saga era completely for movies, tv shows like The Mandalorian etc will still weave in and out of the Skywalker era. 

Old Republic era would be cool but I can't see them making a movie(s) out of the games as the twist works so well in a game but I don't think would work for a movie also anyone whose played the game knows whats coming. They could easily pick and choose elements of the extended universe books to make canon as there's some good stuff there, or hire writers/directors to use ideas from the universe and create their own stories. Looking through the history of the Sith could create good films as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

By the sounds of it they're trying to move away from the Skywalker saga era completely for movies, tv shows like The Mandalorian etc will still weave in and out of the Skywalker era. 

Old Republic era would be cool but I can't see them making a movie(s) out of the games as the twist works so well in a game but I don't think would work for a movie also anyone whose played the game knows whats coming. They could easily pick and choose elements of the extended universe books to make canon as there's some good stuff there, or hire writers/directors to use ideas from the universe and create their own stories. Looking through the history of the Sith could create good films as well.

Yep, lot's to source a good story from. I think they need to be brave with their choices in both writers and directors and stick with them. They've faffed about too much with that im the past.

Pretty good I'd say overall, I'm just so glad Vader was done justice and then some, I get the idea of leaving the character is mystery as such but when he's written well there are few better characters on screen. Hayden Christensen apparently wants to do a Vader series and frankly I'd be keen for it.

On 22/06/2022 at 23:05, Lrrr said:

Pretty good I'd say overall, I'm just so glad Vader was done justice and then some, I get the idea of leaving the character is mystery as such but when he's written well there are few better characters on screen. Hayden Christensen apparently wants to do a Vader series and frankly I'd be keen for it.

Vader is the one thing that Disney have very much got right, and even improved when it comes to Star Wars.

Final 3 episodes of this series were very well done (hiding in a coat scene aside).  

I wonder if we’ll see **** (a character from this, trying to avoid spoilers) pop up in Andor or Asoka. 

SPOILER ALERT

My only complaint with the series and Star Wars in general is the ability most seem to have to return from the dead or not being finished off. For the emperor i get it hes incredibly powerful and made insurance but geeze first Maul, then Bobba Fett, then the grand inquisitor and now reva apparrently twice. Vaders inability to finish her off is baffling. Whos next to come back ? Windu?

53 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

SPOILER ALERT

My only complaint with the series and Star Wars in general is the ability most seem to have to return from the dead or not being finished off. For the emperor i get it hes incredibly powerful and made insurance but geeze first Maul, then Bobba Fett, then the grand inquisitor and now reva apparrently twice. Vaders inability to finish her off is baffling. Whos next to come back ? Windu?

Maul surviving was pretty silly, but then it’s a sci fi series aimed at kids I guess.  

Reva was left alive “we shall leave you where we found you, in the gutter” rather than left to die. How she managed to get off planet so quickly is weird though. 

The Grand Inquisitor just felt shoehorned in. He couldn’t die in the series, and when he was included just seemed fairly lame. 

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

SPOILER ALERT

It makes sense when it comes to a lightsaber. Any wound would be instantly cauterised and infection free. As long as it doesn't hit a major organ, there's no reason somebody would have to die.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

It makes sense when it comes to a lightsaber. Any wound would be instantly cauterised and infection free. As long as it doesn't hit a major organ, there's no reason somebody would have to die.

I agree with what your saying from a technical pov but but these are meant to be elite killers.