IGNORED

Andy Goram

Mike Hunt-Hertz

23 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Great goalkeeper and great character , terrible news.

Totally agreed. My thoughts are with him just now as someone who is about to start cancer treatment.

As a keeper Andy was relatively short 5. 10, I believe, which is remarkable compared to some of the giants that keep goal now.

Edited by ScottishRed
Spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Totally agreed. My thoughts are with him just now as someone who is about to start cancer treatment.

As a keeper Andy was relatively short 5. 10, I believe, which is remarkable compared to some of the giants that keep goal now.

Best of luck, hope everything goes smoothly and as well as it can mate.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Hope it goes well for you.  

There's a very useful book I read called Anti-Cancer which helped me a few years back.  I didn't have a cancer but I have an autoimmune condition that was life threatening at the time.  The book is all about mobilising your own immune system to fight illness (not just cancer) so was very helpful for me.  Felt like I got a bit of control back which was very empowering. 

I thoroughly recommend it.  

4 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Hope it goes well for you.  

There's a very useful book I read called Anti-Cancer which helped me a few years back.  I didn't have a cancer but I have an autoimmune condition that was life threatening at the time.  The book is all about mobilising your own immune system to fight illness (not just cancer) so was very helpful for me.  Felt like I got a bit of control back which was very empowering. 

I thoroughly recommend it.  

Thanks fella, I will get a copy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Best wishes.hope all goes well

17 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

You got this Scottish Red, from someone who fought it last year.

Stay strong and positive mate, thoughts are with you x

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

It's the way with all sport, from heavyweight boxers to tennis players. Average height of elite athletes increasing.

I wish you all the best with your treatment, SR. I hope you come out the other side unscathed and never have to face the sort of prognosis poor Andy has been given. 

• Like 1