IGNORED

Disgusting ticket prices!!

phantom

Fair play to Man City back then. The second cheapest season tickets in the entire football league despite being in the top division.

As for us… £48 even in today’s money was too much to watch our miserable plummet through the leagues.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1

I feel like ticket price are cheaper today relative to average income than they were 30 years ago - i seem to recall (and I may be wrong) that at my first game in 1993, my dad paid £18 for his ticket in the Grandstand. That would be a much larger chunk of the average weekly pay pay packet than £40 odd quid would be today.

People have more disposable income, I assume this means they are happy to dispose of it to watch football.

Clubs aren't really clubs anymore, they don't have there members interests at heart unless they have reduced what it means to be a member to just playing staff, they are full on businesses designed to make as much money as possible through multiple means - e.g. the idea isn't the reduced prices for members it's to extract as much from customers as possible.

• Like 1

Depends what you are comparing it too and your own wage. 

Average house price in 1980 was about £23k probably 10x that now. 

Pint of beer was (apparently) 35p..? So that's gone up way more than 10x.

So season tickets going up by 10x sounds about right. 

Problem is that wages havent kept in line with that, as an average. 

There's more money to be made now, than there was then - but not everyone makes it. 

Add to that, the fact of the difference in what players were paid then and the totally different level of facilities in stadiums, compared to back then - ticket prices don't seem too out of place in comparison. 

20 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Also interesting that there are 17 clubs, that we're in Divs 3 & 4, who have played top tier football, Div One and Prem, since that time.

Certain irony that my old mucker who started topic 

"City Media dept. Poor English Grammar" shoots himself in the foot, it is were not we're.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

35 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

A much much bigger club than us though so not a massive surprise. They should do quite well next season 

It does make a difference being a one team City. 

Fantastic effort, I think being so poor for so long, they are desperate for success. I think they could go quite well next year.

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

A much much bigger club than us though so not a massive surprise. They should do quite well next season 

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

It does make a difference being a one team City. 

Fantastic effort, I think being so poor for so long, they are desperate for success. I think they could go quite well next year.

True, but only 14 miles from Newcastle and we have fans regularly making the 30 mile trip from Weston (which incidentally is roughly the same distance from Sunderland to Middlesbrough). I think it is noteworthy and no doubt they will bring one of the biggest away followings to Ashton Gate. Bring it on, I like a big game atmosphere. No doubt we will get to play in Sunderland on a Tuesday night in November.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2022 at 23:01, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes and I strongly feel we ate being over charged by a long way presently as with many things 

Had a funny chat with couple of girls on the bus . Both complaining about concert tickets at circa £150 to see there fav singer in Cardiff. I made note that I paid £1.50 front row seats colston hall in 198 and Reading festival under a tenner in the 80's.

It's not just in football 

We still being taken advantage of tough and royaly taken advantage off