IGNORED

Klose - new contract signed

And Its Smith

1 minute ago, TomF said:

One year with further year option. I guess the club can activate that if required. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/klose-staying-in-bs3/

Wonder where this puts Cundy/Kallas/Baker. Surely 1 or 2 are off/retiring. 

I’ve wondered for a while whether Kalas has been told he can bugger off if his agent can find a club to pay the required wedge?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I’ve wondered for a while whether Kalas has been told he can bugger off if his agent can find a club to pay the required wedge?

I think that sort of move will start with the agent speaking to the club and saying, 'if you would like me to find Kalas another club for you, my fee will be 250k, payable on completion of any transfer'.

With the agent already having half a dozen clubs willing to take him on. 

Obviously the agent will have likely had the reverse conversation with any clubs interested in signing him.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think that sort of move will start with the agent speaking to the club and saying, 'if you would like me to find Kalas another club for you, my fee will be 250k, payable on completion of any transfer'.

With the agent already having half a dozen clubs willing to take him on. 

Obviously the agent will have likely had the reverse conversation with any clubs interested in signing him.

Maybe so but if the money stacks up from FFFP perspective I think we might go for it?

20 minutes ago, TomF said:

One year with further year option. I guess the club can activate that if required. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/klose-staying-in-bs3/

Wonder where this puts Cundy/Kallas/Baker. Surely 1 or 2 are off/retiring. 

If we are playing 3 at the back we probably have space for 5 senior cbs plus Idehen or Towler. Unless Pearson sees Pring as an LCB option.

Am sure the plan will be to move on Vyner or Moore if there are takers and I feel both Klose and Naismith signing means the writing is sadly on the wall around Baker. That leaves space for Atkinson, Cundy and Kalas in the squad but I imagine Kalas would only want to stay - and we would only want to keep him - if he was first choice. He could well be but that is not certain…

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Naismith - Klose - Atkinson - Tanner is a tidy back 4.

I reckon we'll continue with 3 centre backs especially at the beginning of the season. Although he's not going to pick his own position in the team Naismith in his interview said he's versatile but predominantly coming in as a CB. Just my hunch.

• Like 1