IGNORED

Klose - new contract signed

And Its Smith

29 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I reckon we'll continue with 3 centre backs especially at the beginning of the season. Although he's not going to pick his own position in the team Naismith in his interview said he's versatile but predominantly coming in as a CB. Just my hunch.

Yeah possibly, think long term we’ll go to a back four. Does seem unnecessary to move away from a back three when it’s been working though.

The club doing some very satisfying business this year.

Good solid professional signings and Nige building the type of squad he wants.

If we can get Kane Wilson over the line that would be great but I want a horrible, nasty, time-wasting, streetwise defensive midfielder in, who coaches refs through games and knows how to win.

We can then look forward to at least 8-10 places up the league then in my opinion.

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

Great signing, age dosnt matter as much when you can read the game as well as Timm. A sensible contract length too as gives him the chance to impress and get 2nd year.

I do think the only thing keeping us from going to a back 4 last year was the lack of right back options, perhaps im slightly "old school" but always thought a 352 formation was too defensive minded and playing a 433/4231  would probably suit players we currently have at the club.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

If we can get Kane Wilson over the line that would be great but I want a horrible, nasty, time-wasting, streetwise defensive midfielder in, who coaches refs through games and knows how to win.

We can then look forward to at least 8-10 places up the league then in my opinion.

I think Gattuso has retired ?

This is good news...must herald a few outgoing too. Glad we kept Klose, mix of experience and quality- can pass it on to younger CBs too.

On the books we have- and not including the potential for Cundy to remain...and one or two of these can play more than one position.

Players who can play CB as 1st position

Kalas, Atkinson, Baker, Klose, Moore, Idehen,

Players who can play CB but other bits too

Vyner, Naismith, Towler

Think Pring has slotted in at CB before once or twice- but not enough for consideration.

Turning into dad's army again,

Someone had to stick a negative comment,

Still we now have strength and depth at centre back

Add a right wing back (Wilson)

And a combative centre mid, the we could be in for a decent season,

We didn't have problems going forward but did at the back it seems we are addressing this 

Yes, 3 decent signings, but IMO more almost as important is getting players in early. Gives Nige a head start on proper plans for next year.
If we could shift some off of the wage bill too, that could free up even more space and money.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but next season could be exciting, in a good way.

2 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Can’t Naismith play that midfielder you’re referring to? 

• Like 1

Great news.

The Beatles have long been hoping Timm would sign a new City deal and have penned a song to share their delight.

Klose, ooh-ooh-ooh

Let me whisper in your ear, ooh-ooh-ooh

Say the words you long to hear

I’m in love with you

Ooh-ooh-ooh

:) :city:

• Flames 1

I’m very disappointed with this. 

I prefer the threads that go on for 20+ pages before the signing is announced. You know the sort of thing - rumour, speculation, he’s going to sign, oh no he’s not, oh yes he is etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1