IGNORED

More problems for Birmingham?

phantom

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Sullivan and Gould can not sell there stake in West Ham until a certain date ( you could be correct with March) without facing large financial comebacks re the stadium. I guess getting someone ( Bassini) to hold the candle til then would make some sense except if he (Sullivan) was providing the funds.

Okay thanks, didn't know that about the stadium.

This is my point though- unsure the EFL regs permit that to be the case either. Rightly so too, because think of the advantages a Birmingham held by Bassini but technically funded by Sullivan- pick a club and club- could get in theory.

Anyway yes, to me although permission/consent of the EFL board can override this, conflicts somewhat with a few of the following:

image.png.b46bed3d3010c64511a3b3ca4fa2eaa7.png

image.png.c003dae285f7f3980f5c737c1f6dbfe6.png

10% seems to be the magic number- Sullivan owns 38% of West Ham...there's more! ⬇️

image.png.3ecd35bde762bac1287562113dfe5d6a.png

My argument is that save for the consent- in writing- of the EFL Board, Sullivan cannot take a role of funding etc until such time as he has sold his stake in West Ham or cut it down to a maximum of 10%.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-10-association-and-dual-interests/

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

The bloke to use a very old phrase is up his own arse. All he has to do is shut up, but no, he names Sullivan and also all but names Karen Brady. Oh look at me! Hilarious. 

My thoughts exactly.

I also thought he was referring to Karen Brady, but then I thought, 'Why would she leave West ham to go back to Birmingham?'.

The man is deluded; more suited to Derby ?

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My thoughts exactly.

I also thought he was referring to Karen Brady, but then I thought, 'Why would she leave West ham to go back to Birmingham?'.

The man is deluded; more suited to Derby ?

Because Sullivan has asked her to keep an eye on his money?

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Percy thinks a points deduction pretty unlikely.

These are serial offenders though, this is the third IDC in 5 seasons for different reasons and there is still an inquiry ongoing about the or her ownership issue.

It seems a suspended points deduction is likely:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/20/birmingham-could-face-suspended-points-deduction-after-efl-charges

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Thanks.

Feels a bit light but I guess the Rochdale case set a precedent, the Mr. King investigation afaik still rumbles on.

This would be the big one!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/02/21/birmingham-city-facing-further-points-deduction-efl-charge/

If "Mr. King" has been controlling the club without EFL knowing for years...well wow!

In theory you could tee it up nicely. If guilty.

1) *Maxco charges- possible suspended deduction.

2) This ownership charge- actual punishment.

3) Add the suspended deduction to the punishment for the ownership charge and that is the punishment.

4) Maybe factor in Birmingham owners track record as a further aggravating factor.

Maxco= Maxi Lopez and Paul Richardson consortium.

Mr. King= Wang Yaohui, a Cambodian diplomat who is accused of shadow control of the club.

Charge 1

Maxco are accused of putting money in and or exercising control without permission.

Charge 2

Relates to the Cambodian diplomat seemingly controlling the club, or I should say allegedly controlling it for years.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

. Suspended deduction for the Maxco stuff to br addrd for pushing for punishment for tbr ownership one and add suspended deduction to the paat record and actual punishment for the hig charge.

Mr Pops is your keyboard broken again?  This hurt my head deciphering this one!

Some theories on Birmingham forums etc.

It could be a negotiating tactic by the EFL to try and bounce Birmingham's owners out. Had enough of them, sell up by x or else etc.

While that could have some merit, that is a rather Birmingham centric view of things. By which I mean sanctions are to punish, deter and vindicate.

Such a fudge would on one level punish serial offenders in the ownership, but at the same time not punish the club.

It would perhaps deter poor ownership and reckless flouting of regs but after years in charge not so much. They still gained the benefit of players signed with cash flow from MAXCO- charge 1.

It certainly wouldn't vindicate anyone. Possibly the Birmingham fan blogger Almajir aside but in a League context it would not vindicate those with a correct ownership structure.

It could be right but don't see how it would make sense on many levels.

This could also go in the Regulation thread but it's a pretty salient point. Not just FFP either but many of the ills impacting the Football League stem back to the tenure of this guy.

Screenshot_20230223-122525_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5ceb94e6d920a790b67d09256c2bc562.jpg

Parry is far from perfect but...

Not to exonerate Birmingham either but the pile of crap he left...!?

• Like 1