IGNORED

Paul Hartley new Hartlepool manager

55 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I wasn’t sure if it had reached you guys yet!

should be announced this week and oddly Matt Taylor of Exeter and the other defender who played for us & Pompey equal favourites with Ryan Mason just behind.

It would be a bit strange Matty Taylor dropping back down a division just after getting promotion 

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It would be a bit strange Matty Taylor dropping back down a division just after getting promotion 

Yes it’s all a bit odd but the bookies have been taking money on both of them. Ryan Mason would be a good replacement alongside someone older but my gut feeling is Matt Taylor who played for us and managed Walsall. He also lives locally 

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It would but it could be about the money at Swindon now - not that Exeter are strapped given their shrewd transfer dealings in the last few years.

Apparently Garner was talking to Charlton between the play off matches with Port Vale and the deal was done over two weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I often wondered whether Arsene Wenger got the Arsenal job because of his name, and now Hartley Paul get the Hartlepool job. Must mean that Danny Shittu is in line for the Gas job?

Boris Johnson will manage Arsenal next.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I was sad to see him leave here.  If he'd stayed a bit longer maybe he would have felt less homesick under all the Scots that came with McInnes (and maybe his presence would've spared us from relegation!)

IIRC there was a photo of him in full kit waiting for a train which came out not long before he left, which now feels oddly prophetic.

• Like 1