IGNORED

The last time you went down Ashton Gate?

17th March 2018 - Ipswich Town

I held up this banner, left before Kick Off, not been back since. I love football. I love Bristol City. But the whole Season Ticket renewal fiasco of 2018 showed the true colours of those running our club. But worse for me, the unwillingness of most fans to meaningfully oppose it. It left me disillusioned with the club as a whole. I ground hop now, mostly around non-league, but I dabble in L1 and L2 as well. I'll be back one day I'm sure, but not for a while.

Fans-Not-Customers-banner-Slider-size.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Good answer, chucky. A few of the "Super" fans forgot this one ....

We should never have lost to Coventry! If the fans in the Dolman and South Stand had got behind the players a bit more we might have got something out the game. They were non existent on the night! Terrible support! ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

What was yer last game? And why you haven't been arsed since?

Mine: Man City in the cup. Previous to that, Man Utd. Been busy, tbf. Won't go again until Kasey "Ken" Palmer is bombed out.

You?

My last game was 14/12/19. City 0 Blackburn Rovers 2. I was back in the UK because my dad a City supporter for all his life passed away that year.

The pastor of our great club presented  at my dads funeral a few days after this game. Me and my son had a couple of great seats in the Lansdown stand next to the press box. What a great stand and great stadium. Even though it was a sad visit I still appreciated the warmth of people in Bristol and the ones associated with out great club.

Previousely to that every time I went back to the UK apart from family catchups my priority was to see our great club Bristol City play.

COYReds 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

17th March 2018 - Ipswich Town

I held up this banner, left before Kick Off, not been back since. I love football. I love Bristol City. But the whole Season Ticket renewal fiasco of 2018 showed the true colours of those running our club. But worse for me, the unwillingness of most fans to meaningfully oppose it. It left me disillusioned with the club as a whole. I ground hop now, mostly around non-league, but I dabble in L1 and L2 as well. I'll be back one day I'm sure, but not for a while.

Fans-Not-Customers-banner-Slider-size.jpg

Unfortunately this is what football is now, clubs are businesses. Money has massively changed the Scape over the last 20 years. Hope you can make it back one day, I respect your stand point. CTID

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 42nite said:

Hull 5-0, but the best part of the whole day was sitting next to my all time goalkeeping hero.......GIBBO!!!

I haven't seen him since I was in the East End counting out...1-2-3-4 Hooray! A very long time ago.

I must admit I was star struck, for the first time in my longish life.

As he walked past me to sit down, I said out loud...... "It's only Gibbo!"  My 46 year old son looked at me bemused...."Who?"  I spent the rest of the match explaining. 

Gibbo's a great bloke and a true legend! I'm sure anybody else from that era would agree.

I wonder if he could still jump up and grab the crossbar :laugh:.

Bournemouth at home last autumn. Couldn’t differentiate between the colours although the ones who never touched the ball were obviously city!

Since then I’ve become a grumpy old man and prefer lockdown when it was illegal for any other f***ker to come near me ?

Edited by GreedyHarry
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Hull 3-0

I take my twin grandsons when I can.

Surprised to note this season first for long time not caught few away games. 

Did you leave at Half Time ? ?

My last visit was when I popped into the shop to pick up some bits.
I did intend to go down for the Cov final, but I'm a fair-weather U23 watcher.

To see a game it was sometime in 2013 for me. SOD was in charge. I can’t actually remember who we were playing but I was fearing the worst given all the despair on here at the time. I didn’t think it was that bad, or I could at least see what we were trying to do. We drew due to a shocking attempt at a back pass by Flint that put them through on goal.

Other than that, it was a trip to the club shop in 2018. That was a lot more depressing than watching City failing in League One.

On 04/06/2022 at 16:45, Bristol Oil Services said:

What was yer last game? And why you haven't been arsed since?

Mine: Man City in the cup. Previous to that, Man Utd. Been busy, tbf. Won't go again until Kasey "Ken" Palmer is bombed out.

You?

You won't go until Palmer is bombed out..? 

What stopped you going before we signed him..?! Apart from the surprising revelation that you could "be arsed" to go to the big cup tie matches. 

It's an interesting point raised by the OP. I haven't actually been back since Covid first struck. I got out of the habit of going unfortunately which I'm sure will be the case for others too. More recently I've started supporting my (even more local) team Yate Town - luckily living nearby so a short walk to the stadium rather than a 2 hour round trip to Ashton Gate. A tenner a ticket, can have a beer while watching, can stand wherever I like and the footy ain't bad either. Still following City from afar but in terms of going to games I'm actually preferring the match day experience and value for money provided at Yate right now. 

Edited by Bainsey
  • Like 1

Fulham draw last game before the COVID ban. 
not been since - obviously firstly because we weren’t allowed but since then it’s been a combination of being abroad, spending the weekends doing up the house, money and also until recently I have just not been enthralled by the football. 
I’ll definitely be making the effort this coming season though - I’m feeling much more positive. 

• Like 2

On 04/06/2022 at 22:47, Wanderingred said:

Fulham in March 2020 for our 125th anniversary celebrations. 1-1 draw.

Since then, I haven’t been able to get back to the UK. I’ve missed the routine of match days but not the football if I’m honest.

Same for me. Was the last match before COVID shut everything down. Plus I now have a new baby so priorities change!

Reading 2-1

In fact it was my first visit since the redevelopment of the ground. List of excuses for not going sooner have included working Saturdays, no money due to NHS wage, looking after kids while my wife worked and eventually being a single parent after the death of my fiancee. Will  definitely go again and not leave it so long this time!

Posh 1-1 this season.

Why don't I go more? Kids, cost, parking, transport, moved further away, I was only saying a the weekend it was far easier when the attendance was half the size and you could rock up half an hour before and park pretty close to the ground without any worries now its almost like a military operation...