IGNORED

Hungary v England

CliftonCliff

5 minutes ago, Malago said:

With the WC in mind, I actually think the better preparation would have been to give the senior players the entire summer off.

Agreed, they’ll be back doing “pre-season” in a month!! I know clubs are a bit more scientific these days but you won’t learn much watching the likes of Kane trotting about when he could be resting up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Isn't is it depressing to hear, that the next generation of  Hungarians, are just as prejudiced and misguided as their philistine parents?....but hardly surprising, due to their role models?

I’d never boo the knee and I’m not making excuses for what the kids were doing but England players taking the knee for equality then going to play in a World Cup where around 10,000 slaves died making the stadiums takes the piss.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Malago said:

Seemed to me those were adult boos.  Didn’t have the shrill tone you hear from children 

Either way, not great is it? Adults setting an example for a future generation? 

I’ve done a bit of traveling, but never visited Hungary. Doesn’t exactly make you want to go, does it?

22 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I’d never boo the knee and I’m not making excuses for what the kids were doing but England players taking the knee for equality then going to play in a World Cup where around 10,000 slaves died making the stadiums takes the piss.

That , to say the least is an extremely tenuous connection.  I am aware of the ludicrous   goings on in Quatar, and their exploitation of foreign workers, but i don't believe that England players as individuals can be criticised.  More a case of FIFA and the faceless management of the suited twats who approved Quatar as a World Cup venue who should be brought to book IMHO.

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Quite like the format of the nations league, but the timing is all wrong for our players. They just never fancied it after a long season.

Honestly summer internationals (bar long established competitions, WC, Euros etc) should just be binned off, the players just don't get a break anymore, physically and psychologically it takes a massive toll.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I was just going to say , looked like a set of players who’d come back from their holidays to play , and weren’t too enthusiastic about doing so

Awful

Not one player did themselves any favours

Don't blame them to be fair, sod these non tournament summer games.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Quite like the format of the nations league, but the timing is all wrong for our players. They just never fancied it after a long season.

Can’t blame some of them tbh. When you count the Euro’s, 60 odd domestic and international games and then you still can’t have a rest and have to play in the Nations League one or two could be forgiven for wanting to be anywhere but playing football this week.

• Like 2

I was just going to say , looked like a set of players who’d come back from their holidays to play , and weren’t too enthusiastic about doing so

Awful

To be honest I can’t really blame them if that is the case. 

Awful

Nothing to get annoyed about imo. Some of them shouldn’t be out there, they should be on a beach somewhere.

• Like 2