IGNORED

Hungary v England

CliftonCliff

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

That was in no way the same as what we’ve seen at the Euros and World Cup

The games we have watched recently, and yes there are odd exceptions , have been really dull to watch. Some have been glossed over by a flurry of later goals or whatever, but mainly a real hard watch. 

Knockout football ,when you're winning games , is less about how well you play. But you have to try and win games. The Italy final was there to win, but Southgate can't help himself, he was too cautious and coasted to Pens. He could have made the same subs, but earlier and give us time to try and win the game.  
There have been pragmatic teams that have been successful , but it's never great to watch. That means if you come up short, the criticism will be greater.

• Robin 1

Genuinely admire those of you who are getting worked up by this.

June should be one of the months where football stops (obvious exception being the Wales Ukraine game being played then in extraordinary circumstances) & I really could not care less about this.

We play a huge amount of football & everyone, both players & supporters, need a break from it at some time.

If it isn’t June then I have no idea when that is.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, maxjak said:

That , to say the least is an extremely tenuous connection.  I am aware of the ludicrous   goings on in Quatar, and their exploitation of foreign workers, but i don't believe that England players as individuals can be criticised.  More a case of FIFA and the faceless management of the suited twats who approved Quatar as a World Cup venue who should be brought to book IMHO.

Kneeling began with the aftermath of George Floyd's murder. 4000 miles away with nothing to do with English football. 

Qatar is also 4000 miles away. Directly linked to the footballing world now because they're hosting the world Cup. If they had anything about them, the players would Boycott it. I've boycotted the qualifiers and won't watch the tournament. Easy to just kneel down to make themselves feel good and it doesn't cost them anything but if they boycotted it, it would be a much better stance to take, but they won't. 

Zero tolerance* 

*conditions apply. 

• Like 7
  • Hmmm 2
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Genuinely admire those of you who are getting worked up by this.

June should be one of the months where football stops (obvious exception being the Wales Ukraine game being played then in extraordinary circumstances) & I really could not care less about this.

We play a huge amount of football & everyone, both players & supporters, need a break from it at some time.

If it isn’t June then I have no idea when that is.

Yep. It's also amazing how some people bang on that Southgate is a poor manager. Zero sense of perspective. We're England and have been shit all my life with the exception of 2 one off tournaments. We've surpassed the achievements of the previous 52 years in 3 but apparently he's not good enough. Idiots.