IGNORED

developments

31 minutes ago, daored said:

The Rec looks impressive but Everton’s new ground - wow 

I hope it doesn't get built and they carry on playing in a cow field in front of a load of posh pricks paying £80 per game to sit in the pissing down rain on some scaffolding..

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Chelsea’s is hideous, as is Wolves.

Chelsea's is certainly hideous but didn't mind Wolves expansion. Hated Leicester's, surprised they could make the King Power worse. Everton's needs to be viewed actually in construction. The video makes it look more like a concert venue than a football ground. Presumably Luton's is not going to be blue and white. 

With regards to the Rec has planning been achieved. The Riverside stand does look a bit like a roman portico in keeping with the city. 

29 minutes ago, Antman said:

even the Desso pitches need some sunlight surely? - the Chelsea and Everton stands must eliminate most angles of sunlight on the pitch?

Isn't that what the white machinery is for? Concentrates light on the pitch as it moves over it helping it to grow

50 minutes ago, Antman said:

yes, we have them at AG, but can the grass grow solely under those giant UV (?) devices?

While largely obscured the pitches would still get some light, add teams like Chelsea wouldn't have a rugby team there as well which will allow for more recovery time

• Thanks 1

At the risk of upsetting our Luton counterparts any further, I see little improvement in that stadium, it's ugliness is only surpassed by Chelsea's in my opinion. Maybe the new Chelsea owners will have better ideas.

I like some of the King Power, I wondered if a clear roof on the Atyeo was an option that might be acceptable to the house owners in Ashton Road and allow for that part of the ground to be developed to the standard of the rest of the ground?

Everton's look amazing, although very daring to build not next to, but actually on the water, with rising sea levels and climate change ramping up over the next few years!

Surprised that the FGR eco friendly stadium is not included, and disappointed to see a lack of "renewables" in these designs.

• Like 1

Some great looking architecture here , but for the match day experience some of the multi tier stands are getting impractical for a supporters view - for me at least

I sat high back in the Alex Ferguson Stand for a Euro 96 game and it was like watching a subbuteo match and it was nigh on impossible to identify the individual players , that high up you are also detached from any atmosphere.

The increased capacity great for income , but I wouldn’t want to pay out for many of the seats

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

At the risk of upsetting our Luton counterparts any further, I see little improvement in that stadium, it's ugliness is only surpassed by Chelsea's in my opinion. Maybe the new Chelsea owners will have better ideas.

I like some of the King Power, I wondered if a clear roof on the Atyeo was an option that might be acceptable to the house owners in Ashton Road and allow for that part of the ground to be developed to the standard of the rest of the ground?

Everton's look amazing, although very daring to build not next to, but actually on the water, with rising sea levels and climate change ramping up over the next few years!

Surprised that the FGR eco friendly stadium is not included, and disappointed to see a lack of "renewables" in these designs.

When American presidents stop buying beach front properties then I'll start worrying!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

When American presidents stop buying beach front properties then I'll start worrying!

But most of them won't live long enough to watch them being washed away, politicians aren't well known for their long term planning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I'm sure none of these will surpass the amazing stadium now nearly complete that resembles a fruit market.

Difficult to disguise a massive 50k seater stadium but, by the looks of it, they are doing a fab job........

You really would never know anything was happening at all if Wally hadn`t told everyone.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Some great looking architecture here , but for the match day experience some of the multi tier stands are getting impractical for a supporters view - for me at least

I sat high back in the Alex Ferguson Stand for a Euro 96 game and it was like watching a subbuteo match and it was nigh on impossible to identify the individual players , that high up you are also detached from any atmosphere.

The increased capacity great for income , but I wouldn’t want to pay out for many of the seats

At least with the back seats at the Hippodrome you got a small pair of binoculars :laugh:.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

I take your point but they always seem a lot more careful with their own money!

Buyer "It's lovely, by the water great views, but what about coastal erosion?"

Developer "Well we would be looking to knock this all down and build further inland by 2050 anyway and you'll get a discount there"

Buyer "27 years of great views you say? Ok I'll buy it" 

:)

15 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Chelsea's is certainly hideous but didn't mind Wolves expansion. Hated Leicester's, surprised they could make the King Power worse. Everton's needs to be viewed actually in construction. The video makes it look more like a concert venue than a football ground. Presumably Luton's is not going to be blue and white. 

With regards to the Rec has planning been achieved. The Riverside stand does look a bit like a roman portico in keeping with the city. 

I believe the latest Rec plans are not quite as grand as shown.

5 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

On a visit to St James Park I had the privilege (don't think that's the right word) to sit in the last row of the Leazes stand, which is above the 3-storey townhouses outside and dwarfs the Gallowgate. Players were like ants only identified by any distinctive hairstyle they may have sported. At least we drew 0-0.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

On a visit to St James Park I had the privilege (don't think that's the right word) to sit in the last row of the Leazes stand, which is above the 3-storey townhouses outside and dwarfs the Gallowgate. Players were like ants only identified by any distinctive hairstyle they may have sported. At least we drew 0-0.

Those stairs were a killer! 

The old images triggered some memories for me... the huge terracing at Stamford Bridge where I saw Southampton demolish Chelsea 6-2, with a relatively unknown Martin Chivers scoring 3, possibly even 4, of the goals. Filbert Street, with a clear view of Brazil Street in the background, where my student rental house was located. And there's something nostalgic about the worn goalmouths and centre circle at Ashton Gate - a definite feature of the past.

6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Indeed. Ive stood at the very back of the second tier on the Stretford end at Old Trafford and it was horrendous - literally felt like I wasn’t even in the stadium!

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I believe the latest Rec plans are not quite as grand as shown.

Which begs the question, what is the point? They’ve wasted so many years and so much money on redeveloping the Rec to end up with a small stadium with no room to expand just seems shortsighted. 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2022 at 17:00, Barrs Court Red said:

Which begs the question, what is the point? They’ve wasted so many years and so much money on redeveloping the Rec to end up with a small stadium with no room to expand just seems shortsighted. 

Because Bath is even worse than Bristol for allowing any development that the majority want. If it was student accommodation or retirement flats it would already have been built.

6 minutes ago, red from the blue side said:

Because Bath is even worse than Bristol for allowing any development that the majority want. If it was student accommodation or retirement flats it would already have been built.

The Recreation Ground is owned by a Trust

In a 2002 Court Case The High Court determined that the Rec was held on charitable trusts and the council, as sole Trustee, was charged with maintaining the Rec as an "open space" and "as a recreational facility available for the benefit of the public at large."[8] The terms of the trust specify the Rec should be used for "games and sports of all kinds, tournaments, fetes, shows, exhibitions, displays, amusements, entertainments, or other activities of a like character" and there be no "undue preference to or in favour of any particular game or sport"

19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

The Recreation Ground is owned by a Trust

In a 2002 Court Case The High Court determined that the Rec was held on charitable trusts and the council, as sole Trustee, was charged with maintaining the Rec as an "open space" and "as a recreational facility available for the benefit of the public at large."[8] The terms of the trust specify the Rec should be used for "games and sports of all kinds, tournaments, fetes, shows, exhibitions, displays, amusements, entertainments, or other activities of a like character" and there be no "undue preference to or in favour of any particular game or sport"

That may be. The council, like Bristol council with our plans, have tried to accommodate this. It's the local opposition that has prevented it, like they prevent most things happening. It was found that one of the objectors had a right to benefit from the covenant but wasn't revealed who this was. It wasn't the council as they didn't object.