IGNORED

developments

2 minutes ago, red from the blue side said:

That may be. The council, like Bristol council with our plans, have tried to accommodate this. It's the local opposition that has prevented it, like they prevent most things happening. It was found that one of the objectors had a right to benefit from the covenant but wasn't revealed who this was. It wasn't the council as they didn't object. 

But the land was left for an open space , for use by the people of Bath and surrounds , not ‘to the’  council , the council are the trustees to ensure those wishes are kept,  not for a large proportion of it to be handed to the rugby Club to build a ground

14 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

But the land was left for an open space , for use by the people of Bath and surrounds , not ‘to the’  council , the council are the trustees to ensure those wishes are kept,  not for a large proportion of it to be handed to the rugby Club to build a ground

If Bath move away from the Rec, and build a ground elsewhere, I can assure you the land won't be left as an open space.

On 07/06/2022 at 21:04, Sheltons Army said:

Sounds remarkably similar to a plot of land in Bristol that I've heard about. Something along the lines of honouring fallen soldiers and having a covenant on it.

On 05/06/2022 at 09:39, Sheltons Army said:

Some great looking architecture here , but for the match day experience some of the multi tier stands are getting impractical for a supporters view - for me at least

I sat high back in the Alex Ferguson Stand for a Euro 96 game and it was like watching a subbuteo match and it was nigh on impossible to identify the individual players , that high up you are also detached from any atmosphere.

The increased capacity great for income , but I wouldn’t want to pay out for many of the seats

Yeah, I've sat up there before and it's not great. I think they now advise that it isn't suitable for people with vertigo and for those who struggle climbing stairs.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 22:19, Antman said:

even the Desso pitches need some sunlight surely? - the Chelsea and Everton stands must eliminate most angles of sunlight on the pitch?

In addition to light pitches also need (sounds odd even saying it,) good ventilation. Grass likes a breeze blowing over it, not only to regulate moisture/dew but also to disperse gasses produced. Not much thought was given to this until filling in the corners of grounds became the norm and they sussed the worst pitches of the 60/70s were in wholly enclosed stadia.

Today, big enclosed stadia either have banks of portable lights/fans or, in extreme cases, pitches that may be moved outside the stadium itself.