IGNORED

Wales v Ukraine

Malago

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I usually want all the home nations to win but it’s hard not to want Ukraine given the country’s circumstances 

Yeah, normally I would be 100% for Wales (Welsh Grandad) but given the circumstances...I'm torn.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Commentator said at the beginning of the game that there is VAR but no goal line technology. Because they didn’t want to spend the money on it. Seems really strange to me with what is at stake. 

Does seem bizarre - especially when you consider a goal line technology system is used during the Championship season for Cardiff games. 

9 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Ah balls, Yarmolenko needs to leave that.

How come they aren't playing such a big game at the Millennium?

It’s owned by the WRU (England football, has never been played at Twickenham) and the lease was 21 years that is now run out. But I think it was Speed that wanted this Together Stronger spirit, to create atmosphere  which they didn’t get at The Millennium stadium. 
There was also an argument that money went towards WRU and not towards FAW. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

It’s owned by the WRU and the lease was 21 years that is now run out. But I think it was Speed that wanted this Together Stronger spirit, to create atmosphere  which they didn’t get at The Millennium stadium. 
There was also an argument that money went towards WRU and not towards FAW. 

Thanks. Knew it would involve money...

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Thanks. Knew it would involve money...

No worries, I have edited my reply with I don’t think England football has ever been played at Twickenham. May be wrong but I can’t ever recall football played there. 

However for some strange reason, the FA cup, play offs etc was chosen to be played at Millennium not Twickenham. So may be something to with RFU not wanting any football played. Also could be in return for Wales rugby using Wembley when Millennium was being built. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Hennessey being Wales best player 1st half says it all. Allen and Ramsey have been very poor. 

They’re used to having Morrell or Ampadu just sitting in, in a 4231.  But as a two they are getting dragged about.

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

No worries, I have edited my reply with I don’t think England football has ever been played at Twickenham.

However for some strange reason, the FA cup, play offs etc was chosen to be played at Millennium not Twickenham.

Yeah, but there are plenty of big English grounds. Always thought the choice of the Millennium was odd. Nice ground, tho'

• Like 1