IGNORED

Gregor McGregor - Lee Johnson Interview (Merged)

AshtonRobin21

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s everyone’s favourite manager, Lee Johnson.  Some of it has been published with a bit more to come. As always, Lee speaks with humility and charm. 

and bullshit...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61757947

"Andi Weimann - we signed him for £1.5 million as a wide player and turned him into a nine and a half, and this year, he's scored 22 goals and assists as well. I'm delighted for him."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

and bullshit...

"Andi Weimann - we signed him for £1.5 million as a wide player and turned him into a nine and a half, and this year, he's scored 22 goals and assists as well. I'm delighted for him."

Amazing that he doesn’t mention Engvall, Palmer, Walsh, Watkins, Adelakun, etc, etc, etc, isn’t it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 3

40 minutes ago, glynriley said:

and bullshit...

He appears to be claiming the glory for Weimann's goal scoring last season.

Usual bullshit whenever he opens his mouth.

• Like 4

Just read it.

He is right Scottish football is very much a goldfish bowl, but to suggest that the top 6 or 7 in the SPL would thrive in the Championship is utter nonsense.

As I mentioned when he got the Hibs job he is going to be comedy gold up their with the media with every word scrutinized by fans of all clubs. 

The reality is that Hibs and Hearts are the 3/4 th biggest clubs in Scotland but in reality their fans don’t expect a real league challenge for obvious reasons BUT they do expect to be 3rd or 4th in the league,decent cup runs and European qualification - that is his challenge.

Edited by ScottishRed

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Just read it.

He is right Scottish football is very much a goldfish bowl, but to suggest that the top 6 or 7 in the SPL would thrive in the Championship is utter nonsense.

As I mentioned when he got the Hibs job he is going to be comedy gold up their with the media with every word scrutinized by fans of all clubs. 

The reality is that Hibs and Hearts are the 3/4 th biggest clubs in Scotland but in reality their fans don’t expect a real league challenge for obvious reasons BUT they do expect to be 3rd or 4th in the league,decent cup runs and European qualification - that is his challenge.

If he’s asked the question and he’s just got a job in Scottish football, he’s unlikely to say that it’s a league one level. 

53 minutes ago, glynriley said:

and bullshit...

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Amazing that he doesn’t mention Engvall, Palmer, Walsh, Watkins, Adelakun, etc, etc, etc, isn’t it?

We turned all of those into one and a halves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don’t understand all the animosity towards Lee.  I was watching the highlights of the Man Utd match the other day (as you do) and I can’t find it in me to criticise someone who gave us that.  Ok, things didn’t work out, but it’s quite clear that he has Bristol City at heart.  Good luck to the bloke.

When he comes out and try’s to piggy back on someone else’s success, 2 years down the line claiming he had a part to play. I personally don’t hate the guy, he just talks a lot of nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I don’t understand all the animosity towards Lee.  I was watching the highlights of the Man Utd match the other day (as you do) and I can’t find it in me to criticise someone who gave us that.  Ok, things didn’t work out, but it’s quite clear that he has Bristol City at heart.  Good luck to the bloke.

I've mentioned a few times to mates that I thought we had LJ too early in his coaching career.  I still think he will achieve, a shame it wasn't with us as the guy is City through & through.

He did talk a load of bollocks though didn't he :doh:?

5 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I've mentioned a few times to mates that I thought we had LJ too early in his coaching career.  I still think he will achieve, a shame it wasn't with us as the guy is City through & through.

He certainly is City through and through but because he talks a load of bollocks he’ll never become a top manager. He’s already achieved the best level he’ll ever reach - just like his father.

He eventually regressed into a clone of his dad………..:dunno: and that’s sad in many ways.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, bpexile said:

So much that he could have been a poster on here - as could Mark Ashton!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

"The top six, seven teams are as good as any that you'll find, certainly in the Championship."

give me strength

I mostly agree with him, not sure about 6 or 7 though - maybe the top 5, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, and Hibs.

27 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

"The top six, seven teams are as good as any that you'll find, certainly in the Championship."

give me strength

Yep. Absolute horse shit from a waffler. Celtic and Rangers would survive and eventually flourish in the championship by force of personality. The rest of them forget it. 

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, bpexile said:

One day he’ll “achieve” something. And he will. Then he’ll go onto “bigger and better things” and be found wanting again.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I mostly agree with him, not sure about 6 or 7 though - maybe the top 5, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, and Hibs.

Seriously?

Aside from the big two, clubs up there pay L1 wages for L1 players.

Marley Watkins & Taylor Moore were at Aberdeen & Hearts last season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ve got Bristol city at heart too but it doesn’t make me Pep Guardiola.  Russel Osman gave us an away win at Liverpool. Joe Jordan got us a goalpost away from a league cup final. 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seriously?

Aside from the big two, clubs up there pay L1 wages for L1 players.

Marley Watkins & Taylor Moore were at Aberdeen & Hearts last season.

Taylor Moore played 60 games for us.

Marley Watkins has played 93 Championship games.

I rate both of them - both good enough for the Championship.

As to the money, players are over rated and over paid in England imo.

Not sure what your point is tbh other than a different opinion to me.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Taylor Moore played 60 games for us.

Marley Watkins has played 93 Championship games.

I rate both of them - both good enough for the Championship.

As to the money, players are over rated and over paid in England imo.

Not sure what your point is tbh other than a different opinion to me.

Neither of them are remotely Championship standard.

Watkins has had 1 good season at Barnsley at this level in his entire career, Moore has been with us 6 seasons & has never established himself as Championship standard.

I’ll happily bet you £20 that his next permanent team is below that level.

You’re right, it is an opinion but thinking Scottish football outside the old firm is Championship standard is certainly a minority one.

• Like 2