IGNORED

Gregor McGregor - Lee Johnson Interview (Merged)

AshtonRobin21

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I agree in the main @Davefevs.

However that NP nonsense of "If they're not on the bus, they are gone etc...". That he kept on using for 12 months, when it was quite obvious that those days of getting rid of players in that way were over from a financial perspective if nothing else; were somewhat tiring.....

He didn’t name players who he regarded as not on the bus (Albeit it appeared fairly obvious)

I see it , not just a message to those that aren’t , but a wider message to all players

• Like 1

Some of the worst, demotivating, man management I’ve ever seen is regularly referring to players as “another club in the bag”. Especially when they’ve only just signed.

Amazingly this is nowhere near the top 5 cringiest things he said while at the club.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Oldham Athletic: How the Latics stumbled their way to relegation to the National League - BBC Sport

A couple of interesting bits in here about LJ`s time at Oldham and the financial pressures he was under.

Saw that too. I always thought it was a minor miracle keeping them in League 1 in the circumstances at the time.

• Like 1