IGNORED

Palmer signs for Coventry

redpole

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Nonsense we have signed way worse. The problem with KP is for the money paid both in wages and fee, should have seen a much more influential player. 

I didn’t say he’s the worst player we’ve had, of course he isn’t. 

But the money that has spent, I think he’s the worst signing.

• Like 5

Nonsense we have signed way worse. The problem with KP is for the money paid both in wages and fee, should have seen a much more influential player. 

There may be less talented players who we have signed over the years, but this has got to be the worst signing we have made for the impact he made

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah fair enough value for money I struggle to think of many. Watkins? TM? Nicky Hunt? How much dis we pay to loan Diony?

I would argue Taylor Moore  or nicky Hunt

Nicky hunt was terrible but didnt cost 4 million or so and a gigantic salary! How lansdown as owner didnt ask for some kind of report to explain why this signing was necessary when we had a whole squad full of attacking midfielders at the time is negligent, and this is one of the reasons why we are looking at a points deduction now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

There may be less talented players who we have signed over the years, but this has got to be the worst signing we have made for the impact he made

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah fair enough value for money I struggle to think of many. Watkins? TM? Nicky Hunt? How much dis we pay to loan Diony?

Just now, GrahamC said:

In terms of value for money, no one is remotely close.

David ******* James?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Nicky hunt was terrible but didnt cost 4 million or so and a gigantic salary! How lansdown as owner didnt ask for some kind of report to explain why this signing was necessary when we had a whole squad full of attacking midfielders at the time is negligent, and this is one of the reasons why we are looking at a points deduction now

I know but I assume its because he saw the money we were making previously. 

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I would argue Taylor Moore  or nicky Hunt

Moore cost less than half as much as Palmer, was on half the wages of Palmer & has actually started more league games for us.

Not even close.

Hunt was a free transfer we offloaded within 18 months, again no comparison.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Hunt was on not far off £20k p/w tbf

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Moore cost less than half as much as Palmer, was on half the wages of Palmer & has actually started more league games for us.

Not even close.

Hunt was a free transfer we offloaded within 18 months, again no comparison.

I was referring to ability and what they offered to us and Hunt was far worse than Palmer for ability

The bizarre thing was we signed Sammie Szmodics a week or so earlier. He was happy to join City and make the step up and we were happy to have him, it looked a promising signing. Then we splashed out £4M for Palmer in the same position and suddenly we were debating who to loan Szmodics to!! It really illustrated that there wasn't a coherent plan backstage at Ashton Gate.

As for the signing itself and the fact the club lost out massively my thoughts upon it, like the fee Coventry have 'paid' will best remain undisclosed 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I would like to see the financial arrangements in detail to be honest before we find out if this is a good thing for us or not.

I’m sure the club will reveal private and confidential contracts to you. Maybe give them a call.

He is gone. That’s a good thing. 

12 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I would like to see the financial arrangements in detail to be honest before we find out if this is a good thing for us or not.

I’m sure the club will reveal private and confidential contracts to you. Maybe give them a call.

He is gone. That’s a good thing. 

It’s better for all parties that he’s found another club, and it’s good to see an end to this sorry saga of a player being signed for a lot of money and on high wages who has rarely been played. 

For what it’s worth I always rated him. Good luck to him. 

• Like 2