IGNORED

Palmer signs for Coventry

redpole

1 minute ago, BLRed said:

Needs to hurry up now and get back for his season long holiday to sign for Coventry. I’m eager for the club to progress with other incomings and no doubt his wages still on the books are a hold up in some regards

I expect he will need a break after all his holidays.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Needs to hurry up now and get back for his season long holiday to sign for Coventry. I’m eager for the club to progress with other incomings and no doubt his wages still on the books are a hold up in some regards

He doesn’t need to do anything, he’s not AWOL. It’s cheap and easy to paint him as the villain. 

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, BLRed said:

No one is painting anyone as a villain here. Just want it to be done and dusted so we can move on and forward

My opinion is similar. 

I didn't word my post very well the other night (RE: flying back from holiday), but the point I was trying to make was that I would expect KP would be keen to get a transfer done ASAP in order to get his career going again. 

There's no doubt he has ability, but fitting him in a system is very difficult for any team. 

FWIW, I hope the deal works out for him. I was extremely excited when he initially signed on loan, and he has shown sparkles of brilliance (the Northampton cup game he was unplayable). 

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I assume the only expectation of him is to be back for the start of preseason like everyone else.

I’m interested to know whether any players were given an exemption from pre season testing last Friday.  Weimann on Austrian duty undoubtedly, but I can’t believe a holiday would’ve been an acceptable reason.  So my gut feel is Palmer was allowed because his deal with Coventry is sorted bar the medical, and there was no need for him to report for testing.  Lots of 2+2s in that admittedly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m interested to know whether any players were given an exemption from pre season testing last Friday.  Weimann on Austrian duty undoubtedly, but I can’t believe a holiday would’ve been an acceptable reason.  So my gut feel is Palmer was allowed because his deal with Coventry is sorted bar the medical, and there was no need for him to report for testing.  Lots of 2+2s in that admittedly.

I think the players may have been grouped, into groups of 11 of 12. But not 100% sure on that. 

Group 1 (see Kane Wilson signing video) contained many of the younger players within the squad + Klose. Players such as Bell, Idehen included. 

Group 2 I would assume would contain the more experienced members of the squad, bar a couple of exceptions. 

Semenyo, Weimann and no Max (called up late to Ireland) are obvious exceptions due to international commitments, with Semenyo also suffering an injury. 

Naismith and Sykes are likely to have completed the tests upon signing. Sykes signing video showed him being put through his paces. 

Joe Williams may have a separate fitness plan in order to continue to carefully monitor his recovery. Kalas possibly in this bracket also. 

The likes of King and Cundy wouldn't be expected back unless contracts are sorted, and I would assume that Baker would continue to be missing due to medical reasons. Plus Palmer still being away. 

That's a total of 11 players potentially absent. 

It's also worth noting that this isn't the 'offical' start of pre-season. It's a case of hit the target scores and enjoy more time off, or you are back in for training immediately. 

The press reports suggest that all parties are confident the Palmer deal gets done, so perhaps we are relaxed enough to tell him he isn't required for fitness testing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

The press reports suggest that all parties are confident the Palmer deal gets done, so perhaps we are relaxed enough to tell him he isn't required for fitness testing. 

And we have told them

‘He did all his fitness tests before his holiday , flew through them , you don’t need to bother with those’

?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s what I was suggesting! ?

Any idea what the deal means for City, Dave? Do we lose his wages entirely (assume no fee)?

Shame, really, there's a real player in there, it just didn't work. Such things happen. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

Not sure of all the hate of Palmer, I havent heard the stuff from behind the scenes if hes a bad egg or not, met him once in Bath and he seemed very pleasent. We as a club have never given him the run of games, or the style of football to suit him, everytime I saw him it was obvious to me he was really trying to do the off the ball stuff. His best run of form was when we had a style and shape to suit him then Afobe got injured. Not sure it can all be based on the player and im sure we will see much improvement at his next club if they actually give him a run of games to get himself fit etc. Shame, I like his game but as a club we seem to train out any flair and excitement these days, certainly under previous regimes. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Any idea what the deal means for City, Dave? Do we lose his wages entirely (assume no fee)?

Shame, really, there's a real player in there, it just didn't work. Such things happen. Good luck to him.

The story was no fee, but KP gives up his contract here, I.e. takes the wage offered by Cov with no obligation for us to top it up for the remaining year.  No idea if true, just relaying what was reported.

25 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Medical was so say supposed to have been done this week as reported. Can’t see that happening given its Thursday and he’s still sunning it up in the Maldives.

Is he still in the Maldives?  Is that from Instagram or something?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Perhaps he’ll break his holiday, fly in for the medical and then rejoin his wife and kids afterwards.

:yawn:

KP is a rich man, great player, wished we could keep him, but wow he must be on some big money of which would be good to off load.

54 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Medical was so say supposed to have been done this week as reported. Can’t see that happening given its Thursday and he’s still sunning it up in the Maldives.

Could be posts from his holiday and he is in the UK already. Never know with social media stuff 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think the delay is down to Coventry constructing a roof to unveil KP’s signing. 

The Coventry players start preseason next week , 20th June, presumably it will be sorted by then. 
:fingerscrossed:

I heard they'd ordered 10 truckloads of peanuts. Perhaps he's going to jump off the roof into a large tub of them. Hope he doesn't have a nut allergy. Could be some crushed nuts regardless.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

There is no new news on this one in the Coventry Telegraph seems a bit odd as they thought it would be sewn up by the end of this week as KP returns from Butlins at Minehead.

The Coventry squad start preseason training on Monday. 

I'm still not convinced by this imposter, he ain't the real Major, far too sensible and a totally different posting style.

WHERE IS THE REAL MAJOR?

• Haha 1