IGNORED

Palmer signs for Coventry

redpole

The latest Insta videos are obscene. I used to be a fan but flashing the bling like a right bunch of chavs makes me feel sick. Absolute show pony who has done very little on the pro pitch to back up his Chelsea academy rep. He’s just a guy who wants the footballer’s life without being a footballer - waster who needs to show some humility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, Cardy said:

The latest Insta videos are obscene. I used to be a fan but flashing the bling like a right bunch of chavs makes me feel sick. Absolute show pony who has done very little on the pro pitch to back up his Chelsea academy rep. He’s just a guy who wants the footballer’s life without being a footballer - waster who needs to show some humility.

Yes, but apart from that, he's a jolly nice chap.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cardy said:

I thought he’d done something awful, all he’s done is got engaged. It’s a beautiful ring, he can afford it so fair play to him. 

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Cardy said:

Obscene ? it’s him and his fiancé celebrating their engagement

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I realise this is going to be controversial but I'm not sure agree with the outrage here. I think footballers' wages represent a deeply skewed society where we value certain careers to an obscene multiple of other careers but players aren't to blame for the wage they're offered.

Even if it does turn out that Palmer doesn't have the dedication and application needed to make it in the game - and I've no idea if that's the issue at all - it was the club's job to suss his character out over six months of a loan before offering him a contract. I don't see any reason to dislike the guy for taking the contract he was offered or choosing to enjoy the money he's paid on that contract. I doubt many of us would turn down a job for an obscene salary just because we didn't particularly enjoy the work (which, again, I've no idea is true of KP or not). 

He doesn't need to show humility and he doesn't owe us as fans anything. It's not his fault the club shelled out a transfer fee and a fair whack of wages for a player that did not have a plan for, and it's not his fault we've now got a manager whose style of play he does not suit at all. As far as I'm concerned, he can do as he pleases with his money and social media. I just think it's a lesson for the club that we need to be prudent and have a clear understanding of and plan for the players we sign. 

I agree entirely with your sentiments regarding his money and how it was gained. I do however think that those with such riches, show a little more decorum and humility when posting things on public forums, it might come over as big headed and crass. After all those posts will be seen by people who effectively pay his wages and might well be struggling in the present climate to provide a roof over their heads, food on the table and clothing. It's called class I think and some just don't have it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I realise this is going to be controversial but I'm not sure agree with the outrage here. I think footballers' wages represent a deeply skewed society where we value certain careers to an obscene multiple of other careers but players aren't to blame for the wage they're offered.

Even if it does turn out that Palmer doesn't have the dedication and application needed to make it in the game - and I've no idea if that's the issue at all - it was the club's job to suss his character out over six months of a loan before offering him a contract. I don't see any reason to dislike the guy for taking the contract he was offered or choosing to enjoy the money he's paid on that contract. I doubt many of us would turn down a job for an obscene salary just because we didn't particularly enjoy the work (which, again, I've no idea is true of KP or not). 

He doesn't need to show humility and he doesn't owe us as fans anything. It's not his fault the club shelled out a transfer fee and a fair whack of wages for a player that they did not have a plan for, and it's not his fault we've now got a manager whose style of play he does not suit at all. As far as I'm concerned, he can do as he pleases with his money and social media. I just think it's a lesson for the club that we need to be prudent and have a clear understanding of and plan for the players we sign. 

Spot on, and I bet if you asked Pearson this would probably be his view too.

Didn't the press reports say that Palmer was due for a medical in the week (last week)?

From the looks of it, he's still on holiday. I would hope for some movement during this upcoming week. 

Teams are starting to return for pre-season training, Swansea are already back for instance. You would assume that Coventry would like him there for Day 1.

Can't help but feel that this deal is one of the most important bits of business we could conduct this summer (from an outgoing perspective). 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Rich said:

I agree entirely with your sentiments regarding his money and how it was gained. I do however think that those with such riches, show a little more decorum and humility when posting things on public forums, it might come over as big headed and crass. After all those posts will be seen by people who effectively pay his wages and might well be struggling in the present climate to provide a roof over their heads, food on the table and clothing. It's called class I think and some just don't have it.

you should have a look through Tomas Kalas’ Instagram if you think Palmer ‘lacks class’….!!

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

you should have a look through Tomas Kalas’ Instagram if you think Palmer ‘lacks class’….!!

Why on earth do people trawl social media accounts to get wound up?

Strange world we live in. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Didn't the press reports say that Palmer was due for a medical in the week (last week)?

From the looks of it, he's still on holiday. I would hope for some movement during this upcoming week. 

Teams are starting to return for pre-season training, Swansea are already back for instance. You would assume that Coventry would like him there for Day 1.

Can't help but feel that this deal is one of the most important bits of business we could conduct this summer (from an outgoing perspective). 

According to the Coventry Telegraph he was back off his jollys this weekend. 
I expect he will be announced today as the Coventry players start their preseason training this Monday. 
?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So to recap ;

He had a medical last week despite being on holiday with Mrs KP and family.

He’s bought a house in Coventry 

He came back from holiday last week and last weekend. 
All the above are rumours. 
Adi Viveash the number two at Cov, knows him very well as he coached him through the youth levels at Chelsea. 
Fact 

It looks like it will go through, let’s hope sooner rather than later for all parties. 

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So to recap ;

He had a medical last week despite being on holiday with Mrs KP and family.

He’s bought a house in Coventry 

He came back from holiday last week and last weekend. 
All the above are rumours. 
Adi Viveash the number two at Cov, knows him very well as he coached him through the youth levels at Chelsea. 
Fact 

It looks like it will go through, let’s hope sooner rather than later for all parties. 

You forgot:

he’s the messiah - Fact

hes also a very naughty boy - Fact

?

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If we can get confirmation he isn't at our training today, that's as good as confirmed he's on his way out, surely?

Let’s not go celebrating until he’s actually out the door.

Far too many false dawns (QPR, Cardiff, etc) with him in the past.

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

If we can get confirmation he isn't at our training today, that's as good as confirmed he's on his way out, surely?

Or quite simply not required at preseason training.

We know that NP won’t use him so no point in him being there and/or being party to all our plans for the coming season.

We know he’s off.It’s rumoured to be Coventry but it would take a minor miracle if he pulls on a City shirt again.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Let’s not go celebrating until he’s actually out the door.

Far too many false dawns (QPR, Cardiff, etc) with him in the past.

Indeed

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Or quite simply not required at preseason training.

We know that NP won’t use him so no point in him being there and/or being party to all our plans for the coming season.

Pearson didn't have a problem with him being around last season though - it's not as if he's persona non grata unlike, at a guess, Bakinson - if he was told to make himself scarce I wouldn't be in the least surprised.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Indeed

Pearson didn't have a problem with him being around last season though - it's not as if he's persona non grata unlike, at a guess, Bakinson - if he was told to make himself scarce I wouldn't be in the least surprised.  

The only difference is that we could unveil our plans for the new season and the next minute he’s facing us with his new club. 
Last season it was not decided before January if he was going to be offered a way out.