IGNORED

England vs Germany

REDOXO

24 minutes ago, Malago said:

Southgate subs have changed the game.

Yes, very fair to give credit there, they did. Thought ref was excellent, but takes a lot not to give it when called over to VAR. Lucky pen, but we created a few chances in the last 15.

edit: more detailed explanation with pictures. I thought the final ball across was from an England not a German player. Hard to spot in fairness.

Edited by cityexile

Not sure what to make of that tbh. Didn’t deserve to lose but team was setup wrong. Sterling doesn’t deserve a start now, and Bellingham needs to be playing. Phillips doesn’t warrant a starting place above him.

Add in Foden to the mix we won’t be far away in the WC as long as GS is brave.

We don’t half need Foden in our side, that’s what I learned from tonight. Grealish and Bowen made a huge difference. Saka is an athlete but where’s the quality? Mount was a passenger. Bellingham plays like an 18 year old, world beater to panel beater to world beater etc. but give him three years and we have a right player there. Ridiculous for his age really.

• Like 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Never offside, quite clearly came off a German player. 

I was thinking, for the amount England fans moan, when was the last time we actually lost against Germany over there? Our record has been excellent since 2001.

I've seen us win in Berlin twice, for starters. 

We out-Germaned the Germans tonight. Not at our best but stayed in the game, picked up a result and home we go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I was thinking, for the amount England fans moan, when was the last time we actually lost against Germany over there? Our record has been excellent since 2001.

Agreed! I saw us win in Berlin and were excellent, dare I say it “took my breath away” *sigh

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Lost 1-0 in Dortmund in 2017 in Podolski’s last game. 

Edited by North London Red
  • Like 1

Not at our best these last 2 games but a draw in Germany is never a bad result.

People can call Southgate negative all they want (and they would be right to an extent) but the man gets us results and a semi final and final are testament to that.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, TomF said:

Grealish has been excellent since he came on.   1-1 probably fair on the amount of chances 

What? The most overrated player by the masses. Wrote off as a flop at Manc.

Be interesting to see how he does next season after a year of coaching from Pep.

Hopefully Southgate will let off the shackels  and let him play. doubt it though as Southgate is a not lose type of guy.