IGNORED

Yate Town Friendly - 2nd August

Tomo

Morning all.....just a heads up that the annual meeting between our under 23's and Yate Town takes place tonight.  Usually get a decent turnout for this fixture, but I haven't seen it mentioned on here this year.  There'll no doubt be a large contingent of Yate United players in attendance too....

Pay on the gate...Adults £7, U18 & Concessions £3, U16 £2.

A good little match to whet the appetite ahead of Saturday.  

• Like 1

It was good to watch the U23s last night.

The one thing that stood out for me from previous seasons, is how more prepared the U23s are physically. They didn't get bossed at all that way...in fact it was their initial physicality that set a tone.

I stood first half next to the dug out. It was informative in how they wished to play, move the ball, and comments on individual players performance.

Both City loanees to Yate played well, which must have been strange to be playing against your own team. Tins was especially appreciative of some of the play by Taylor-Clarke.

For me, especially first half, Joe Low stood out as a good prospect for the future. He's a man mountain...physical, athletic, good vision and communication, good eye for a pass. 

City were constantly being instructed to move the ball fast and forward through the lines. To keep moving forward. To look forward. It was very noticeable. Less going sideways.

Harry Leeson coped well against a physical opposite number. He did have a tendency to switch off positionally though...constantly being made aware of his positioning.

Other comments about Palmer-Houlden not being correctly positionally aware at crosses. Not anticipating quickly enough. 

All in all a good run out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, spudski said:

It was good to watch the U23s last .

The one thing that stood out for me from previous seasons, is how more prepared the U23s are physically. They didn't get bossed at all that way...in it was their initial physicality that set a tone.

I stood half next to the dug out. It was informative in how they wished to play, move , and comments on individual players .

Both City loanees to Yate played well, which must have been strange to be playing against your own team. Tins was especially of some of the play by Taylor-Clarke.

For me, especially half, Joe Low stood out as a good prospect for the future. He's a man ...physical, , good vision and , good eye for a pass. 

City were constantly being instructed to move the ball fast and forward through the lines. To keep moving forward. To look forward. It was very noticeable. Less going sideways.

Harry Leeson coped well against a physical opposite number. He did have a tendency to switch off positionally though...constantly being made aware of his positioning.

Other comments about Palmer-Houlden not being correctly positionally aware at crosses. Not anticipating quickly enough. 

All in all a good run out.

interesting comments, thanks for reporting.

was josh owers playing left wingback ? We seem a bit short of leftback/wingbacks in the academy

30 minutes ago, Bristolcityyatton said:

interesting comments, thanks for reporting.

was josh owers playing left wingback ? We seem a bit short of leftback/wingbacks in the academy

Khari Allen played LB for Yate last night having being released by the club at the end of last season. James Taylor & Zac Bell now on loan and a couple of injuries in the full back position. 

Also for those having a whinge… it was a very young side in the second half. With the exception of JL/DI/JO/JM all were scholars and 17/18. So the experience gained against a decent Yate side (second half anyway - they were steam rolled first half) will do them good. Remember, U23 football is about developing players not about the result necessarily!

• Like 4