IGNORED

Dean Holden To Blackpool?

Rich

45 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

It was a good result for us but there had been a fair few signs before then things were improving.

Oh - and the old "if we didn't have our best players" thing is bizarre. You could say that about any club. Maybe their incredible impact is something to congratulate Pearson for instead of just implying he was a lucky bystander?

I appreciate it may sound silly, but I did get the impression that, results aside, we really had been improving throughout the season.

I accept that the "if we didn't have our best players" argument applies to all teams, as does the plaintive 'If only our best players hadn't been injured', although it might be argued justifiably that injuries possibly affected us more than most, given the size (and age) of our squad. 

One might also add the 'Oh, if only we hadn't conceded so many last minute goals' or 'if only we had received the numerous penalties we should have been awarded', but, and there is always a but, had we not conceded those late goals/been awarded those penalties, we would have finished comfortably mid table.

In short, far from being a 'lucky Northern bystander', I am pretty confident that NP is slowly and surely getting us back on the right track, something I feel will be demonstrated this season.   

• Like 7

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I saw that @robin for life was recommending people bet on Dean Holden getting the job,

Excuse me??? I think you may wish to read my comment again! I said to the opening poster who alluded that DH was getting the job, that if he thought that he should bet him at 16/1! If you read my post, I clearly state that I expected Liam Rosenior to get the job. Try reading what someone posts in future, rather than making a sweeping statement. Thanks

17 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I thought he was off to Blackpool.

He is! Hence my post, did you even read the thread, the OP was stating that DH was getting the Blackpool job! I was merely pointing out to him, if he thinks that, he should back him at 16s, to which I state my money with be on LR!

It helps if you read posts you know ......

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

The ones that were in charge when relegated? 

I can't be arsed to look it up, but I'd be surprised if their stats were were any/much worse. 

Last time I looked, NP's were right up (down) there with the very worst. 

Think of any manager you like, who was deemed a failure & he doesn't compare well. 

It's not like he's been here a couple of months & it's a harsh assessment. He's been here 18 months and it's been a shite 18 months. 

Let's hope his signings make the difference and he's just been a slow burner. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can't be arsed to look it up, but I'd be surprised if their stats were were any/much worse. 

Last time I looked, NP's were right up (down) there with the very worst. 

Think of any manager you like, who was deemed a failure & he doesn't compare well. 

It's not like he's been here a couple of months & it's a harsh assessment. He's been here 18 months and it's been a shite 18 months. 

Let's hope his signings make the difference and he's just been a slow burner. 

It’s been a shite 18 months because of the complete mess that he inherited. 
So much deadwood had to be cleared out last summer and due to overspending by the previous managements/MA, he’s been constrained by who he could bring in. 

Last season was always going to be about just hanging in there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, robin for life said:

Excuse me??? I think you may wish to read my comment again! I said to the opening poster who alluded that DH was getting the job, that if he thought that he should bet him at 16/1! If you read my post, I clearly state that I expected Liam Rosenior to get the job. Try reading what someone posts in future, rather than making a sweeping statement. Thanks

I am so sorry and apologise profusely; I made a simple mistake in posting....

A post just before yours said:

'Duff favourite for the Barnsley job I think' 

In your post, you said:

'16/1 with SkyBet, if you think it's happening, you can make yourself a few quid.

My money would be on Liam Rosenior fwiw.'

Hence the reason, having seen a local article, I responded:

'I thought he was off to Blackpool.'

Whilst I am sure that I would have read your post, hence the reason I responded, it would seem that I failed to grasp that, in fact, you were not responding to the 'Duff favourite for the Barnsley job I thinkpost just above yours, but to the suggestion that Dean Holden might be going to Blackpool.

Once again, I apologise, especially if I have in any way spoilt your weekend, and, if it is any consolation, in the event you may keep some form of record of battles you have won on the Internet, on this forum in particular, you may mark this one down as a resounding victory.     

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It’s been a shite 18 months because of the complete mess that he inherited. 
So much deadwood had to be cleared out last summer and due to overspending by the previous managements/MA, he’s been constrained by who he could bring in. 

Last season was always going to be about just hanging in there. 

Agreed & accepted. 

However, I found the lack of any consistency or any real improvement, in anything, really disappointing. 

I think our team is better than what he's been getting from them - and that's what I find most disappointing. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed & accepted. 

However, I found the lack of any consistency or any real improvement, in anything, really disappointing. 

I think our team is better than what he's been getting from them - and that's what I find most disappointing. 

I think you’re always going to get inconsistency when you have to play players out of position, especially when those players are some of the youngest in the squad. 
I think you’re being a tad harsh on Pearson but given the signings we’ve made so far this summer and if we can get a solid CDM in, if those inconsistencies continue up until around Christmas time, I think I’d be looking at what other options there are out there. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Highly thought of coach Rosenior, regardless of how it ended here would like to see him do well as a Manager, always thinks he comes across really well

I'd be interested to know whether he was the coaching brain rather than Rooney.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1