IGNORED

Squad number thread : Now confirmed

Olé

16 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Based on last season i wouldnt trust king/ james/ williams to be more than the equivalent of one fully fit member if the squad. At this point massengo is still a doubt too. I think we know scott will play every game in there, if anything happens to him there is a massive problem 

They are all currently on the payroll.

James started over 30 games last season, Williams was in the squad for more than 50% of the games, HNM featured 37 times & as I said before, Scott is freed up to play in midfield now.

Massengo isn’t a “doubt”, if he leaves then we replace him, if he stays as last season shows, he’s a viable option.

Even before we get to King (who I accept seems a last resort now) that appears to be enough to me.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They are all currently on the payroll.

James started over 30 games last season, Williams was in the squad for more than 50% of the games, HNM featured 37 times & as I said before, Scott is freed up to play in midfield now.

Massengo isn’t a “doubt”, if he leaves then we replace him, if he stays as last season shows, he’s a viable option.

Even before we get to King (who I accept seems a last resort now) that appears to be enough to me.

Will have to wait and see, but james and williams only played together a few times didnt they, and one of those they were brutally exposed. 

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

This occurred to me too. My reading of it is that we might get a veteran centre-back in as cover but aren't expecting too much else unless players unexpectedly move out.

Certainly I'm starting to wonder if a defensive midfielder isn't happening - which may be a decision to play 3 at the back, or that we've not been able to get the players we wanted and don't feel there's anyone out there who represents value for money. 

Ciaran Clark just been made available by Newcastle.  Wages would be a huge hurdle obviously, but if there was deal to be made, I could see Nige considering him….same with Michael Morrison.

In an ideal world we’d have mid-age range players ready to step into the gap between TK, TK, RA, KN and the u23s Idehen and Towler….but Vyner and Moore haven’t been able to manage it.

So we are left with a problemette.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ciaran Clark just been made available by Newcastle.  Wages would be a huge hurdle obviously, but if there was deal to be made, I could see Nige considering him….same with Michael Morrison.

In an ideal world we’d have mid-age range players ready to step into the gap between TK, TK, RA, KN and the u23s Idehen and Towler….but Vyner and Moore haven’t been able to manage it.

So we are left with a problemette.

I was told that we came very close to signing Clark previously. Johnson wanted him but we couldn't get the deal completed. 

• Like 1

Err, one thing that keeps getting overlooked, is 'when were we released, sold or dropped from the squad?'

Pretty sure they retired/reserved a number for "The Fans" previously as we were their 12th man.

Personally, I hope we have been sold to some European side, just so I can get a foreign passport and keep freedom of movement.

Also, I want a signing on fee. And wages. Big wages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Err, one thing that keeps getting overlooked, is 'when were we released, sold or dropped from the squad?'

Pretty sure they retired/reserved a number for "The Fans" previously as we were their 12th man.

Personally, I hope we have been sold to some European side, just so I can get a foreign passport and keep freedom of movement.

Hated that 12th man crap. Cringe as ****.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fair point  - I need to know who I have been transferred to so I can state I have always been a boyhood fan, dream come true etc....

• Haha 1