IGNORED

Opposing fans view of us

Unan

• The title was changed to Opposing fans view of us
6 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Seen a few of these tweets as well. Most seem to see our attackers as some of the best in the league, if NP sorts the defence and midfield, we could have a strong season. 

I've said before that as a City pessimist, I think we are in for a very good season. 

Looking at the club's intro to our new shirts with a team photo of the 1955 Third South champions, it hit me like a ton of bricks that in that side, including some who were not in that picture like Tony Cook, Alec Eisentrager and Arnie Rodgers, they are all "LEADERS" in different ways. Captain Jack White, Ginger Peacock, Tommy Burden who was captain of Leeds before coming to us, Arther Milton faced up to tremendous fast bowling as an opening batsman, both fell backs and of course leading by example, Big John Atyeo.

Pearson is building a club with leaders. From Chris Martin, Klose, Weimann, Joe Williams, Alex Scott, Aymen Benarous and all three newcomers, we now have leaders that have replaced the "after you Claude, shrinking violets" that MA and LJ collected at enormous cost.

PS. I'm assuming that Kane Wilson is arriving soon.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, footie said:

This guy started a "dark horses" thread recently, worth a browse as we seemed to feature fairly predominantly! Refreshing to see some positivity in a close season!

Gab does great EFL coverage.  Not quite on the NTT20 guys level, but has an incredible broad knowledge of EFL…he is a Brum fan though.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Still quite a bit of work to be done in my opinion before we can be challenging for play offs. So far id say we'd be a bit more better off than we were last season and probably be looking at mid table with just more consistent performances. We still need that bit of steel in the middle, hopefully Rinomhota is still a goer as that would put us in the top 10 conversation I think. I know the front 3 did well this season, but unless we're moving Semenyo central and playing Sykes and Weimann either side/behind im not convinced Martin is the guy to do it for us all season. So wouldn't mind us bringing in another forward. All in all though feel so much more optimistic about this season compared to 12 months ago. Nice to see Nige building HIS team. Once we get that, we should have a happier NP and hopefully more successful football team. 

Would love to see something like this

Bentley 

Wilson Kalas Naismith Dasilva 

Rinomhota James/HNM 

Weimann Scott Sykes 

Semenyo 

Edited by Negan
  • Hmmm 1

Personally I'm pleased with the recruitment so far. Very encouraging. However, talk of playoffs is a bit premature IMHO - other clubs still have business to do in the transfer market and some of them already have a few Prem players plus £millions to hoover up emerging talent. 
I certainly feel more comfortable than I did this time LAST season though. There - I've jinxed it ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Some good signings but let’s not get carried away here. It’s a huge step up for both Wilson and Sykes, and we still need a couple more additions in key areas 

Its Great to see us get our business done early though 

Makes a bloody difference from seasons past, doesn't it?  I recall many an August approaching and thinking "but we haven't brought anyone in!"

It's decisive management. Identify targets last season; speak to and persuade them to sign ASAP after the season closes. The later you leave things the more other clubs get involved in the chase, and the more cash you might blow from desperation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

We definitely aren't second favourites for relegation as per the odds, that's for sure.

Dark horses in a weak division yes, but you would expect that given our income is top half or top third.

I would be confident of a play off push IF we keep Semenyo

I went last night on Skybet (and I don’t bet generally). Used £10 free bet - 33/1 for automatic promotion which to my thinking is very generous considering division strength and direction of travel.

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

I always remember that Millwall game after we'd signed James, Hunt etc and had Coppell in charge.  Sold out Ashton Gate.

Then.. 

atomic bomb explosion GIF

I was in Florida. I racked up a £900 phone bill using data to follow the David James saga. Remember it well. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Some good signings but let’s not get carried away here. It’s a huge step up for both Wilson and Sykes, and we still need a couple more additions in key areas 

Its Great to see us get our business done early though 

Agreed.

We've signed two unproven players at this level and another that most will not have heard of. We may lose a couple of influential players like Semenyo or Scott. Keep the powder dry till August imo. Personally more upbeat about the form at the end of the season and hopefully we can replicate it going into this season. 

Cautiously (very) optimistic at this stage. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Still quite a bit of work to be done in my opinion before we can be challenging for play offs. So far id say we'd be a bit more better off than we were last season and probably be looking at mid table with just more consistent performances. We still need that bit of steel in the middle, hopefully Rinomhota is still a goer as that would put us in the top 10 conversation I think. I know the front 3 did well this season, but unless we're moving Semenyo central and playing Sykes and Weimann either side/behind im not convinced Martin is the guy to do it for us all season. So wouldn't mind us bringing in another forward. All in all though feel so much more optimistic about this season compared to 12 months ago. Nice to see Nige building HIS team. Once we get that, we should have a happier NP and hopefully more successful football team. 

Would love to see something like this

Bentley 

Wilson Kalas Naismith Dasilva 

Rinomhota James/HNM 

Weimann Scott Sykes 

Semenyo 

It’s nice to see we got so many options in regards to formation for next season.