IGNORED

Opposing fans view of us

Unan

Let’s not get carried away. Loooong way to go yet.

We’re still shopping in Poundland for bargains and there’s plenty in this division who can nip to Fortnum and Mason when they fancy something a bit special. 

But let me add, if going cheap gets us team spirit and a collectiveness I’m happy with that. 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Let’s not get carried away. Loooong way to go yet.

We’re still shopping in Poundland for bargains and there’s plenty in this division who can nip to Fortnum and Mason when they fancy something a bit special. 

I'm rather hoping that we're shopping in TK Maxx. Cheaper options but quality to be had from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Hopefully our incoming business will prove to be shrewd. 

Step up fro L2 to champ is massive, so that's very much to be seen. 

Key is keeping those that we want to keep. 

It would be soul destroying to see Semenyo leave, as he's got all the potential in the world. 

Not so bothered about Scott or Massengo, IF we need to "cash in" but if we keep what we've got, plus the additions, if they settle and step up, then we should be competitive. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hopefully our incoming business will prove to be shrewd. 

Step up fro L2 to champ is massive, so that's very much to be seen. 

Key is keeping those that we want to keep. 

It would be soul destroying to see Semenyo leave, as he's got all the potential in the world. 

Not so bothered about Scott or Massengo, IF we need to "cash in" but if we keep what we've got, plus the additions, if they settle and step up, then we should be competitive. 

Competitive enough for 16th presumably.?

But I largely agree.

If we can get an experienced DMF and keep Scott (confident we will) and Semenyo (not as confident) then I'd be fairly optimistic of a top 10 finish.

The "if" is the key bit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Its pretty clear that fans of other clubs do not have the inborn pessimism of us Bristolians!

I think it’s realism more than pessimism. We aren’t going to turn into world beaters overnight. And many recognise that. I’m as happy with a committed squad of fighters as I am with ‘names’ even if the results are wildly different. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Its pretty clear that fans of other clubs do not have the inborn pessimism of us Bristolians!

31 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I think it’s realism more than pessimism. We aren’t going to turn into world beaters overnight. And many recognise that. I’m as happy with a committed squad of fighters as I am with ‘names’ even if the results are wildly different. 

Oh it is pessimism. I also think it’s some of what has held the city (club and town)back for a long period. For a place the size of Bristol the town is still thought of as a backwater near Wales by most. However that started changing and the club and stadium has changed with it. 

Obviously we are not going to change into world beaters over night and goes without saying, but I will settle for promotion candidates/contenders to the top division for only the second time since 76. 

5 hours ago, TomF said:

I always remember that Millwall game after we'd signed James, Hunt etc and had Coppell in charge.  Sold out Ashton Gate.

Then.. 

atomic bomb explosion GIF

Remember it well, took just 90 mins to well and truly burst our bubble.

“Englands number 1 chants” before kick off, an hour later Millwall fans were singing it.

Edited by luke_bristol
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Oh it is pessimism. I also think it’s some of what has held the city (club and town)back for a long period. For a place the size of Bristol the town is still thought of as a backwater near Wales by most. However that started changing and the club and stadium has changed with it. 

Obviously we are not going to change into world beaters over night and goes without saying, but I will settle for promotion candidates/contenders to the top division for only the second time since 76. 

There is another similar city to City and they're doing quite well. Liverpool?

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Some good signings but let’s not get carried away here. It’s a huge step up for both Wilson and Sykes, and we still need a couple more additions in key areas 

Its Great to see us get our business done early though 

Absolutely right - we’ve seen other lower league signings not being able to adapt to the quality of the Championship but……Nige wasn’t the manager when the likes of Akinde, Eisa and Szmodics ( although he’s done pretty well at Posh since) were at City. 

My concern is who’ll we’ll see move on - HNM is almost certainly off, probably back to France. City may well get offers for Scott and Semenyo that just can’t be turned down and AS in particular would be a big loss….:fingerscrossed: that we can keep him for another season and based on last season performances he’s very likely to get even better.

Listening to the new signings they all said how impressed they were the HPC facilities and ‘the manager’. It’s really good to have a ‘proper’ manager at long last who’s well respected by his players - the first one since Danny Wilson……….:whistle2:

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

It can be done though, Huddersfield jumped from finishing 18th to losing the playoff final in one season courtesy of some shrewd transfer business 

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right - we’ve seen other lower league signings not being able to adapt to the quality of the Championship but……Nige wasn’t the manager when the likes of Akinde, Eisa and Szmodics ( although he’s done pretty well at Posh since) were at City. 

My concern is who’ll we’ll see move on - HNM is almost certainly off, probably back to France. City may well get offers for Scott and Semenyo that just can’t be turned down and AS in particular would be a big loss….:fingerscrossed: that we can keep him for another season and based on last season performances he’s very likely to get even better.

Listening to the new signings they all said how impressed they were the HPC facilities and ‘the manager’. It’s really good to have a ‘proper’ manager at long last who’s well respected by his players - the first one since Danny Wilson……….:whistle2:

Pure speculation

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Every signing that there has ever been anywhere says the same thing so take it with a pinch of salt. Media training. 

9 hours ago, TomF said:

I always remember that Millwall game after we'd signed James, Hunt etc and had Coppell in charge.  Sold out Ashton Gate.

Then.. 

atomic bomb explosion GIF

I rocked up to the Millwall game with the biggest stonk on thinking we’d thrash Millwall and be finishing the league as champions. Very quickly at 3-0 it shrivelled up like I’d been in the Bristol Channel during winter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4