IGNORED

Elton John at Ashton Gate

petelekg

3 hours ago, cider11 said:

Not sure how much of a cut he gets out of all the merchandise. However on Wednesday they sold loads of stuff so must make a good living just off those sales. 

I bet he does. Went tonight & asked for a programme, the lady replied “ is that the £20 one or the £50”! Nice little side earner I’d imagine! COYR 

50 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Yup, just back myself. Amazing performer. Wasn't quite sure about the sound system early on from where I was but it seemed to get sorted out well enough. Great night though...

Yep, just got back. Brilliant to see him live, not particularly his biggest fan, but glad we did it. He really is an amazing performer & at 75! Also great to see things like this happening at Ashton Gate. Great night. COYR 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

Yup, just back myself. Amazing performer. Wasn't quite sure about the sound system early on from where I was but it seemed to get sorted out well enough. Great night though...

I thought it sounded fantastic. Probably the best I've ever heard at an outdoor concert. His voice was brilliant wasn't it. The only slight downer was AG charging £6.50 a pint!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Went last night, was fantastic, looked pretty full as well,.whoever said hid voice was fading is just plainly wrong, he was as good as ever was 

I'd heard that too, but it was fabulous. 

I loved the way his piano moved around the stage! 

Ended up going myself last night, even managed to arrange parking on Ashton Drive, so thanks for the info earlier in the thread.

Not his biggest fan, but he had some cracking hits in the 70’s and most of his early stuff is part of the soundtrack of me growing up! If it really is his farewell tour, glad I saw it and I thought he put on a fantastic performance, even playing one of my favourites, “Have mercy on the criminal”. 

• Like 1