IGNORED

Downsy off to Qatar World Cup?

CyderInACan

I've replied to his tweet asking who sent the job offer tweet to him?

I can't believe FIFA would offer a job via a tweet starting "Hi Ian".

More likely this is the Ashton gate Sports Bar World cup party team ?

Hopefully whoever it is, will ban him from using a 5 min White Stripes intro again?

Edited by NcnsBcfc

Well done Downsy, hope it goes well for him. I always think it's strange that the demographic of this board think his role is aimed at them when it's clearly not.

I think anyone trying to entertain people ranged from 5 to 105 are always going to find certain groups difficult to please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'm no fan of Downsy, can't stand the bloke, but it's sad to see some of the usual suspects bringing his sexuality into it for no reason whatsoever. Grow up FFS.

I think it’s to call out Qatar and it’s stance on gay rights, nothing more.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I'm no fan of Downsy, can't stand the bloke, but it's sad to see some of the usual suspects bringing his sexuality into it for no reason whatsoever. Grow up FFS.

tbf it is a pretty big thing if he has decided to go out there and promote the great country of Qatar whilst they have laws outlawing his sexuality.

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Christ - imagine the Wurzels playing at the world cup final. Come one Downsy - this is your moment

? "Drink up thy lukewarm glass of imported Pepsi, drink up thy glass of lukewarm imported Pepsi, for tonight we'll repressive be..." ?

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

51 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

A DJ is just a technician who plagiarises the work of real musicians. 

He’s not even that sort of DJ. He just presses play on a laptop. I never understood the reaction when Tim Shires left the club.

5 hours ago, Selred said:

That's unfair, and out of order to be honest.

5 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I think you misunderstand and have jumped the gun somewhat to accuse. 
The reason I say what I said is 100% as a point to call out Qatar. 
I sense they will be open to ‘welcoming’ gay people as a way of making it appear as if the awarding of the World Cup to them is allowing them to change their ways and ‘open up’ as a country. When in truth, once the World Cup is over, they won’t change a damn thing. 
So, don’t get overly defensive, my statement was not homophobic, it was actually designed to call out homophobia by the backwards Middle Easterners. There will clearly be a very visible facade on show for a month, before they revert to their primitive mentality immediately afterwards. 

6 hours ago, Rocky said:

I'm sure his sexuality is not on his CV?

It’s not exactly a secret. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I think you misunderstand and have jumped the gun somewhat to accuse. 
The reason I say what I said is 100% as a point to call out Qatar. 
I sense they will be open to ‘welcoming’ gay people as a way of making it appear as if the awarding of the World Cup to them is allowing them to change their ways and ‘open up’ as a country. When in truth, once the World Cup is over, they won’t change a damn thing. 
So, don’t get overly defensive, my statement was not homophobic, it was actually designed to call out homophobia by the backwards Middle Easterners. There will clearly be a very visible facade on show for a month, before they revert to their primitive mentality immediately afterwards. 

It’s not exactly a secret. 

Saying he only got the job because he ticks a box, rather than talent/hard work, is exactly what you meant.

And to say that is wrong. You don’t know why or how he got the job.

• Confused 1