IGNORED

BCFC - Change of Constitution

Davefevs

From an FFP perspective I don't see how it would change anything- equity ratio, Upper vs Lower limit. We already spend to that level so.

That aside, could mean external investment? Again though that would not increase the £39m cap.

Edit: Kieran Maguire mentions one investor in mind. ?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

From an FFP perspective I don't see how it would change anything- equity ratio, Upper vs Lower limit. We already spend to that level so.

That aside, could mean external investment? Again though that would not increase the £39m cap.

That nice Mr Musk perhaps ?

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mel Morris?:shocking:

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm whooshing myself a bit here but...

Again doesn't make a difference...equity limits are equity limits- equity does not constitute fresh revenue etc.

Not in the short term, but a spread of the risk on the football side might allow SL to push on with the ground development which in turn will increase revenues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not in the short term, but a spread of the risk on the football side might allow SL to push on with the ground development which in turn will increase revenues.

Oh yeah for sure, in medium to long term it can definitely help. I was thinking just of the here and now, this summer/coming season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLRed said:

What does this mean?

Won't know for certain until the docs come through on CH. Although the sharenissue to SL last month suggests these shares are for someone else...

Cheers @Davefevs I saw my alert email from CH but hadn't read it yet.

49 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I think we need to see the resolution to understand this.

The existing articles of association of Bristol City Football Club Ltd say that there is no limit on Share Capital so it would seem difficult that "Authorised share cap of the company be increased by the creation of shares".

bc_sc.png

And it looks like that's exactly what's happened.

Resolutions - Resolution of allotment of securitiesAuthorised share cap of the company be increased by the creation of shares. 31/05/2022.

Note the effective date of this issue of shared is one day prior to SLs capitalisation of debt on 1 June 2022.

@Mr Popodopolous @Davefevs any acocunting reason why you'd do apossible investment effective on 31 May?

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Won't know for certain until the docs come through on CH. Although the sharenissue to SL last month suggests these shares are for someone else...

Cheers @Davefevs I saw my alert email from CH but hadn't read it yet.

And it looks like that's exactly what's happened.

Resolutions - Resolution of allotment of securitiesAuthorised share cap of the company be increased by the creation of shares. 31/05/2022.

Note the effective date of this issue of shared is one day prior to SLs capitalisation of debt on 1 June 2022.

@Mr Popodopolous @Davefevs any acocunting reason why you'd do apossible investment effective on 31 May?

The only P&S consideration is the commitment to cover losses so that higher threshold (£39m) is applicable rather than lower (£15m)…but other than that no idea, other than housekeeping???

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The only P&S consideration is the commitment to cover losses so that higher threshold (£39m) is applicable rather than lower (£15m)…but other than that no idea, other than housekeeping???

There is presumably a reason. 31 May is a significant date in football and its too specific to be random imo. Shares have been issued on that day for a reason.

10 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Football financial year??

For us and a host of clubs- yes. For a range of others it goes to 30th June and for a couple it's 31st July.

Although as @ExiledAjax did mention, it's exclusive to the club only so BCHL and AGL won't be included in that.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hxj said:

I'll add to the conspiracy theories - it makes more sense if it was for Bristol City Holdings Ltd, which has an issued share capital many times the authorised share capital of £10 million 

We may yet see a filing for Holdco as well of course. CH make no promise to upload filings made or update group companies simultaneously.

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Perhaps it's linked to Gregor's mystery interview!

This could make sense.

8 minutes ago, Hxj said:

I'll add to the conspiracy theories - it makes more sense if it was for Bristol City Holdings Ltd, which has an issued share capital many times the authorised share capital of £10 million 

It was increased to £15 million by a resolution in November 2008 and then in a filing from December 2008, the adopted Articles of Association again moved to there being no upper limit - as per 4.2 below:

bch_sc.png

Section 2 of the Companies Act 1985 was repealed via the Companies Act 2006 and took effect from October 2009.

Edited by View from the Dolman

10 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Genuine questions Could we issue shares to top up salary for someone? I presume thats not possible for players but if we wanted someone behind the scenes (head of recruitment for example) would it be allowed? Would that be a FFP work around.

That very much sounds like cheating the system to me 

• Like 1