IGNORED

On this day in....

northsomersetred

7 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

RIP to the 255 servicemen and 3 civilian women that lost their lives.

And Rest in Peace also the 649 Argentinians who lost their lives so needlessly, too. 

I watched the "Our Falklands War" documentary on iPlayer last night as I knew VF Day was today. A sobering and reflective 90-or-so minutes. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

And Rest in Peace also the 649 Argentinians who lost their lives so needlessly, too. 

I watched the "Our Falklands War" documentary on iPlayer last night as I knew VF Day was today. A sobering and reflective 90-or-so minutes. 

And we came so very close to losing it , and many more men

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

I've visited both memorials, in Stanley and Buenos Aires and travelled extensively through Argentina 25-30yrs ago, every single Argentine i met then agreed we did the right thing and said the Junta was wrong. I never met one person who thought they were in the right and we were in the wrong.

Fast forward to the past 10yrs children in schools are being indoctrinated, you wouldn't believe the 5hit they put on social media, they are absolutely convinced they sunk HMS Invincible and we secretly sailed a replacement south and pretended it never happened. 

Unfortunately my respect for them went out the window several years ago.

https://en.mercopress.com/2022/06/01/falklands-war-argentina-insists-hms-invincible-was-hit-by-an-exocet-taiana-recalls-the-joint-navy-air-force-mission?fbclid=IwAR2FNqjlxEKmRgCo2HXNWhQKwqpaPpFgcV18wRsMIMitbVyaLV-0hWQXKkA

May be an image of aeroplane and outdoors

May be an image of text that says "News wortd Argentinian pilot MOCKED after claiming he 'SUNK' HMS Invincible during Falklands War Gerardo Isaac claims he severely damaged HMS Invincible despite evidence the contrary (Image GETTY) AN ARGENTINIAN pilot has regaled crowds with a story about how he crippled flagship Royal Navy aircraft carrier during the Falklands War despite British veterans insisting their ship was never hit. By HARVEY GAVIN x"